• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Wear & Tear of Pillar at Seat belt Area

wlien

I can understand this issue....u r right about the wear & tear at this area due to the proximity to the belt every time u pull it. I have analysed my CLA & realized that the best position to avoid the wear & tear is to position the movable mount to as low as possible. It will not come in contact to the B pillar cover when the belt is pulled. Think it's a design oversight by mercedes.

• 1 month later...

TS & all A, CLA,& GLA owners, I have found the solution at last. Been using duct tape, wire tape, Velcro tape...etc, they all drop off eventually & look awful.

Presenting the $7.80 solution....silicone door guard. The seat belt mount can still move up & down with some friction.

post-178-0-29456600-1429780803_thumb.jpg

post-178-0-72840000-1429780814_thumb.jpg

post-178-0-95716500-1429780828_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

maybe I pull too hard haha.... cos the seat belt will brush against the 'protector' instead of the cloth material, and I realized the seat belt started to fray as it is the softer material now.

Maybe it's not you pull too hard but your car pull/brake too hard. ;)

stock polar silver CLA180 =)

After 1 month of use....this is what it looks like after doing its 'job'.

Seat belt didn't fray....this silicone thingy took all the beating.

post-178-0-04460400-1432220363_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Care to show pic of it?

hey sure no problem :) No usb or gmail access in the office, therefore can only do it when home.

As you can see in the picture, in the red box, there is now a guard that helps the seat belt slide over the fabric.
  • Like 1