• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

SLK R171 Glass roof Retrofit

Hi

I am a new owner of a 2010 R171.

1) Is it common for the roof to have rattling sound, especially when at lower speed below 60km/h?

2) I am thinking of changing the current hard top to one with a glass roof. Is there such a retrofit available? Any price?

3) Lastly, i don't seem to find a button to fold the side mirrors. No way to do it other than manual?

Thanks for all your advice and hope to join you guys for future gatherings soon.

Cheers

Hi, hope following helps

1) Yes. I'll say common issues for all convertibles & cabriolets. Grab a OWS bodyflex gel to apply surrounding rubber seals. It solved my rattling issues 100%. Suggest reapplication every 3-4months interval

2) chance upon a U.S. forum, and a chap successfully did it with a R172 top. Not sure if any bro/sis project this in SG

3) folding mirror button is just located slightly above handbrake lever, right hand side middle button. You may set automatic folding whenever you lock. Setting via steering menu to access convenience control.

Cheers & Enjoy Ur Ride

Hi, hope following helps

1) Yes. I'll say common issues for all convertibles & cabriolets. Grab a OWS bodyflex gel to apply surrounding rubber seals. It solved my rattling issues 100%. Suggest reapplication every 3-4months interval

2) chance upon a U.S. forum, and a chap successfully did it with a R172 top. Not sure if any bro/sis project this in SG

3) folding mirror button is just located slightly above handbrake lever, right hand side middle button. You may set automatic folding whenever you lock. Setting via steering menu to access convenience control.

Cheers & Enjoy Ur Ride

Bro thanks for the recommendation. OWS is amazing and it solved 90% of my rattling issue. The only problem now is on low speed, i could still hear the plastic noise. i suspect it could be from the plastic cover inside the boot.

Mine doesn't come with auto folding mirror :( no centre button. anyway to retrofit?

• Like 1

As for Ur low speed "plastic" noise.

1) try apply some body flex gel on boot separator latch.

2) Open up Ur rear boot, u will notice 2 x rubber adjustable pins/dials on each sides (left & right). Remember the locations of both pins. Press down buttons to Activate Ur vario roof w trunk half open, press up to stop/hold vario roof operation. Take notice if ur pins/rubber in tight contact boot. If not, remember the gap. Adjust pins, when u close ur top.

3) no centre button? Have u tried going thru steering menu? There's a function for u to activate folding mirrors when lock/unlock car