• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

A-class 180, options?

Joeyjoe

Hi everyone ,Anyone know how to clean the fabric of the seat? Mine is the one with middle seat got fabric and white line design, get stain and dirty easily and already lose the rich dark colour... find it an eye sore... Sorry to come here ask as i dunno whether A180 interior is the same as A200, mine is a A200 urban. 2.5 yrs old car.

Maybe can go to interior grooming since ride already 2.5yrs.

If DIY maybe can try this over small area first - http://www.sgcarmart.com/products/overview.php?ID=8379

Hi everyone ,Anyone know how to clean the fabric of the seat? Mine is the one with middle seat got fabric and white line design, get stain and dirty easily and already lose the rich dark colour... find it an eye sore... Sorry to come here ask as i dunno whether A180 interior is the same as A200, mine is a A200 urban. 2.5 yrs old car.

Amour all upholstery can spray.

$10

clean off stain from my car very easily. even tough carpet stain that was there for 2 years

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi All,

Am new to this forum, recently placed an order for an A200 so now patiently waiting for my ride...

I have a question which I hoped someone might be able to share their experience. The seats in the A class FL comes in half leather and half fabric....how do you all find the fabric? is it very hard to take care or maintain? M thinking of doing a full leather upholstery but only because I'm not familiar with taking care of fabric and leather properly lasts longer??

Any advice would be helpful :)

Thanks!

Hi All,

Just wondering anyone here got the pano sunroof... is it worth it? 

And did u all get car alarm since it is not standard with new car. Thanks!

Car alarm is meaningless in today's context. Nobody bothers when car alarm goes off in a carpark.

Hi All,

Am new to this forum, recently placed an order for an A200 so now patiently waiting for my ride...

I have a question which I hoped someone might be able to share their experience. The seats in the A class FL comes in half leather and half fabric....how do you all find the fabric? is it very hard to take care or maintain? M thinking of doing a full leather upholstery but only because I'm not familiar with taking care of fabric and leather properly lasts longer??

Any advice would be helpful :)

Thanks!

It is very much dependent on rules you set. I have been with various cars on fabric (or hybrid part leather part fabric) seats for almost 8 years now. I have a strict no eating no drinking in the car rule which no one has exception, not even myself.

Car grooming per normal will take care of it. As years go by, there is bound to be some signs of age (from abrasion), even if seats is leather. Kids are usually the main cause of stains, accelerated abrasion of material, etc as they are less likely to sit still, more likely to lift their legs and shoes resting on the seats, and munching sweets/snacks or having drinks. Hence, I have strict no eating no drinking in the car rules as I learnt a hard lesson where my previous ride was infested with ants for weeks and it was so difficult to completely rid of them (thanks to missus allowed 1 exception once).

Hi Chaicka,

Thanks for sharing and feedback. I also have a no eating or drinking car rule :). Do you spray any water proofing on the fabric or just leave it as stock and have the car grooming maintain the seats? 

..... and did u all get car alarm since it is not standard with new car. Thanks!

Same sentiments as chaicka, nobody gives a damn if the alarm goes off (ask urself, if u encounter a car alarm going off, u seek out was a car being broken into? Or call 999? U dont right?).

Anyway it was 1 of the major cause of car batteries goes flat e.g. alarm keeps getting activated in a noisy environment.

Car alarm is also meanless since most cars now uses the smartkey, wrong code and engine wont start anyway. Althgh car could be stolen if the codes were hijacked but then again if car alarm goes off, nobody cares too... any differences? Difference is car with smartkeys are much harder to be stolen.

Retired from Modding since 2012
G13B Cultus | GC8C WRX STi RA | SR20DET S15 Hiper Silvia  | E82 135i M-Sports   W176 A250 AMG Sports

Same sentiments as chaicka, nobody gives a damn if the alarm goes off (ask urself, if u encounter a car alarm going off, u seek out was a car being broken into? Or call 999? U dont right?).

Anyway it was 1 of the major cause of car batteries goes flat e.g. alarm keeps getting activated in a noisy environment.

Car alarm is also meanless since most cars now uses the smartkey, wrong code and engine wont start anyway. Althgh car could be stolen if the codes were hijacked but then again if car alarm goes off, nobody cares too... any differences? Difference is car with smartkeys are much harder to be stolen.

Disablement of car alarm just take less than 3 mins. I personally witness it and I even called police 999 to report when I spotted from 10th floor. Guess what? The two thieves drove off even before the police can arrive which is almost 30 minutes later. Police called me back and I just inform them the thieves drove the car off long before the patrol car arrive. Hahaha...

• 1 year later...
On 27/01/2016 at 8:47 PM, j888 said:

Amour all upholstery can spray.

$10

clean off stain from my car very easily. even tough carpet stain that was there for 2 years

I just do steam clean for the interior. Love the after-steam interior air!