• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

A-class 180, options?

Joeyjoe

Hi, firstly thanks for the reply and reactivating the this thread which is relatively quiet. Is the difference between A180 and A200 only in the 34 bhp increase? Will this be a very significant feel in driving considering the price different of almost 17k.

17k then not very worth. Previously, when I asked the price diff was only between cat A and B. If not mistaken, there's a sun/sky roof as part of the a200 style. Perhaps can see if they can over trade more for your current ride?

Another way to think of the power diff is

A180 if tune can only be A200.

A200 if tune diff level lol

I would post when / if I get my ride.

Still waiting for .... COE. out-bidded last 3 rounds

Still waiting for .... delivery date of stock. Cars & Co. keep pushing back date, now Jul/Aug.

Hi, u booked the a180 style? What colour did u get? How long have u waited since booking?

Indent new car waiting time is like 3mths at least. If the car not around, cnc will just say outbidded till car arriving to shore then magically will get coe even if 6bids gone.

Sometimes if got those 1yr old model on the market can get with no wait is better.

Indent new car waiting time is like 3mths at least. If the car not around, cnc will just say outbidded till car arriving to shore then magically will get coe even if 6bids gone.

Sometimes if got those 1yr old model on the market can get with no wait is better.

Hi guys, got my A180 Urban last Friday. Actually wanted to get red colour but was told I needed to wait till July for a red A180. As my previous car's gearbox totally failed and I needed the car for work, I went ahead with the only last A180 Urban that they had coming in, black exterior and black interior. Even then, I had to wait 3 weeks for COE bidding and for it to reach our shores. 

Nice and can always get it wrap in red. 3 weeks very fast already.

Plan to go tune the car back to normal mode(a200)?

Hmm well black also looks nice, so doubt I will go wrap in red. Yeah, cos it was already on its way when I signed.

Bro, its very tempting to go chip it up, and I'm trying to withstand the temptation to do so.  :P

I just received my new A200 and was tinkering with the on board functions. I cannot help but notice that all the fuel consumption indicators are in L/100 km. Is there any way to convert it to km/L?

Thanks in advance!

I just received my new A200 and was tinkering with the on board functions. I cannot help but notice that all the fuel consumption indicators are in L/100 km. Is there any way to convert it to km/L?

Thanks in advance!

Dun think have this option available.

hehe ... just figured out how 'multi-quote' works.

Hi, u booked the a180 style? What colour did u get? How long have u waited since booking?

Just secured COE today after 3 unsuccessful bids.

Mine is Polar Silver style. Booked in late Feb ! Expected delivery moved from May (maybe), early Jun ... now Jul / Aug 

It was explained to me that not that many A180 being brought in as compared to other models - that's why the long wait.

Hi guys, got my A180 Urban last Friday. Actually wanted to get red colour but was told I needed to wait till July for a red A180. As my previous car's gearbox totally failed and I needed the car for work, I went ahead with the only last A180 Urban that they had coming in, black exterior and black interior. Even then, I had to wait 3 weeks for COE bidding and for it to reach our shores. 

Congrats ! That's amazingly quick. Guess you were there right place right time. Assume this is from AD ?

Now, I am gonna push for earlier delivery of my car as well !

Thanks in advance!

same as you, i had tried but not able to switch to km/l.

also look up the manual, but cant find any instruction.

hehe ... just figured out how 'multi-quote' works.

Just secured COE today after 3 unsuccessful bids.

Mine is Polar Silver style. Booked in late Feb ! Expected delivery moved from May (maybe), early Jun ... now Jul / Aug 

It was explained to me that not that many A180 being brought in as compared to other models - that's why the long wait.

Congrats ! That's amazingly quick. Guess you were there right place right time. Assume this is from AD ?

congratulation. mine is also polar silver.

do remember run in the car even though the SA says its alrealdy run in.

manual mentioned not to redline or engage kick down during 1500km.

enjoy..

Some things that I did not do that are coming back to bite me now :

1) check & compare the OMV of the different versions

2) get dealer to indicate a delivery date. for my case, it was verbal & dealer keep saying dont have any information on stock arrival at time of booking

Just my luck that new CEVs kick in Jul & I will most likely have to pay more as car delivery now scheduled in Jul !

I still dont understand why it takes so long for the stock to arrive.

If I had been more persistent to insist on the above, I could have more options to choose from.

Some things that I did not do that are coming back to bite me now :

1) check & compare the OMV of the different versions

2) get dealer to indicate a delivery date. for my case, it was verbal & dealer keep saying dont have any information on stock arrival at time of booking

Just my luck that new CEVs kick in Jul & I will most likely have to pay more as car delivery now scheduled in Jul !

I still dont understand why it takes so long for the stock to arrive.

If I had been more persistent to insist on the above, I could have more options to choose from.

Did u order from AD? Am surprise that they do not state the estimated delivery dates on the sales agreement.

Did u order from AD? Am surprise that they do not state the estimated delivery dates on the sales agreement.

Yes I did but it was not stated in the initial booking form at the time I placed order in late Feb.

Bcos of the CEV changes, there was delay in paper-work.

The final sales agreement sent to me in late Apr stated Jul/Aug.

Yes I did but it was not stated in the initial booking form at the time I placed order in late Feb.

Bcos of the CEV changes, there was delay in paper-work.

The final sales agreement sent to me in late Apr stated Jul/Aug.

Anyway everything is almost finalised now. So just wait for a short while more and enjoy the ride when it arrive.

Hi bro, yes it was from AD. Well, like I mentioned in my previous post, my GB of my previous car went kaput so I needed a car quick. They mentioned that they had 1 white A180 style and 1 black A180 Urban almost reaching Sg and said that if I needed a car quick, these were my only 2 choices. So I wanted it in red, but since I didn't have a choice, I just went for the black A180 Urban instead.