• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

A5 2.0 sports back vs E200 CGI

mulderang

Guys,

I know this is obvious the wrong forum to be asking this, but..............looking to change our ride from C to A5 or E200. looking at 2010 model, it seems that the A5 is more value for money. But But not sure about the quality of Audi.......any feedbacks from you guys?

Thanks.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys,

I know this is obvious the wrong forum to be asking this, but..............looking to change our ride from C to A5 or E200. looking at 2010 model, it seems that the A5 is more value for money. But But not sure about the quality of Audi.......any feedbacks from you guys?

Thanks.

Don't know about current Audi models but 2009/2010 Audi 1.8T or 2.0TFSI engine oil does disappearing act.

Some got their problem solved after engine overhaul by changing piston rings, some not!

They say VW 7 spd dry DSG has problem, some Audi 7 spd wet DSG have problems too.

After 3 years no more warranty - think carefully about engine and gear box lol!

When I had a Q5 and A4 2.0T Quattro, I kept a 4L bottle of engine oil in the ride for topping up.

I did not trust the MMI Engine oil level reading that I was probably the 1st guy here to start getting owners buying a "physical" engine oil dip stick from the stockist. The car don't come with a physical engine oil dip stick and the dip stick hole is plug with a rubber stopper.

Driving MBs, I never has to check the engine oil! :)

MB ECU is locked and most got by with min bhp increase by piggy back.

Audi bhp upgrade is very easy! I mTm my Q5 from stock 211bhp to 272bhp, Torque from 350nm to 390nm by doing a remapping.

There's lots of other tuners out there from ABT, Revo, APR, etc

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

Agreed if based on 2010 model, audi is indeed more sexy. I am worried about the gear box as well.

Also the disappearing engine oil!

Many more such similar threads!

http://vagsg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45455&page=13

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)