• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Pano Roof

Benz Boy

Of course not, u can asked your SE to throw it in for u.

• 4 weeks later...

Hahaha who told u cannot install? Look for our handsome Infratint owner. All my rides window & roof film by them, no fuss and worries free.

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

I have just booked a E250 and am thinking of adding a panoramic roof which will cost around 8k, is it worth it or the novelty will wear off quickly and it is better to spend the money on a nice holiday? Also, is it suitable for our hot and sunny weather? Will it add more creaking and squeaking sound during the drive?

All advice from owners with pano roof are welcome.

Not necessary to have it but is nice to have it. Especially your car color is white.

• Like 1

Hi all,

I have just booked a E250 and am thinking of adding a panoramic roof which will cost around 8k, is it worth it or the novelty will wear off quickly and it is better to spend the money on a nice holiday? Also, is it suitable for our hot and sunny weather? Will it add more creaking and squeaking sound during the drive?

All advice from owners with pano roof are welcome.

I am enjoying my Pre FL E250 Pano roof everyday!

It does make you feel that the car is roomier!

Once awhile, I open up the sun roof to let fresh air in.

BTW my car is white, so there's a good contrast of the dark pano roof with the car.

My car is 3.5 years old and there's no creaking & squealing sound or water leaking from the Pano roof.

I opted for the Pano roof for my previous FLW204 too and it was white too.

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

Agree that a white (or Iridium Silver) exterior goes well with a pano roof. Probably won't do it as it won't go well with my preferred colour.

Anyway, doubt I will open up the roof often as weather here is too humid although it is nice to lift the shade once in a while to let in more light. Just read it cost around $2k in UK for this option.

i have a panoroof - before adding the option I made sure my SE was willing to throw in the solar film - the default option is just a "mesh" material.

the panoroof is amazing. in my opinion, MB has one of the best panoroofs in the market. it lets sunlight into the car - looks more spacious and more "coupe like".

well I seldom open the panoroof but I don't regret buying it

i have a panoroof - before adding the option I made sure my SE was willing to throw in the solar film - the default option is just a "mesh" material.

the panoroof is amazing. in my opinion, MB has one of the best panoroofs in the market. it lets sunlight into the car - looks more spacious and more "coupe like".

well I seldom open the panoroof but I don't regret buying it

As I have already signed on the dotted line and this is an after thought, it is going to be an uphill task to get my SE to throw in additional $$$ for the solar film.

I thought the electronic shade is supposed to keep the sun and heat out?

mine is black C200 W205, although white would have shown the contrast of the pana roof,

I didn't regret both the color as well as the panaromic roof

it makes the car look brighter more spacious and i agree with "'sunroof 180'' more coupe like

As I have already signed on the dotted line and this is an after thought, it is going to be an uphill task to get my SE to throw in additional $$$ for the solar film.

I thought the electronic shade is supposed to keep the sun and heat out?

well i suppose if the car if from an existing stock, getting them to add on the pano roof is rather difficult..

that being said, you can always suggest to the SE if you will only get the panoroof if you can get the solar film thrown in..

the electronic shade, is not really that useful, in my opinion.

• Like 1