• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

operated exos

AY8686

hi guys, operated my silencers, yes very bassy but in the cabin the drone is really wow.. but the outside isnt as loud as the cabin. Was told becos now all the new design mercedes exos design is hidden in the rear bumper, not coming out of the bumper thats why the cabin is louder then outside.. 

Any one can suggest how to increase the sound the other way round? Outer> cabin any1?

Thxs

hi guys, operated my silencers, yes very bassy but in the cabin the drone is really wow.. but the outside isnt as loud as the cabin. Was told becos now all the new design mercedes exos design is hidden in the rear bumper, not coming out of the bumper thats why the cabin is louder then outside.. 

Any one can suggest how to increase the sound the other way round? Outer> cabin any1?

Thxs

Will be very helpful if you state which Merc model you're driving.

My W204 is the exact opposite from yours. Loud on the outside, but only half the sound enters the cabin.

My W204 is the exact opposite from yours. Loud on the outside, but only half the sound enters the cabin.

mine is the e class w212 facelifted. the exos tip is hidden before the diffuser.. 

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Sorry to reopen old thread.. Stupid question: Will operated exos cause way way way more fuel consumption ? Can share FC figures? Realised this qn v stupid. Pls pm me the ans any kind bros? Thanks!

I will pm u what u seek but pls dont take offence when it is distasteful.

Retired from Modding since 2012
G13B Cultus | GC8C WRX STi RA | SR20DET S15 Hiper Silvia  | E82 135i M-Sports   W176 A250 AMG Sports

Hi there,

My guess is that it's non lta-compliant? Can advise on that?

And what happens when go for LTA then? Thank you.

Hi there,

My guess is that it's non lta-compliant? Can advise on that?

And what happens when go for LTA then? Thank you.

Mine is LTA compliant Nappex exhaust system.

Able to share this info in the forum as well? :)

It is kind of long. If still keen, just pm me and i copy+paste the info given.

Cheers

• Like 1

G13B Cultus | GC8C WRX STi RA | SR20DET S15 Hiper Silvia  | E82 135i M-Sports   W176 A250 AMG Sports

Operated exhaust are ""LTA"" compliant..:) Those experienced modders will know what I mean..

Yes yes of course it is "LTA" compliant... till the day of inspection.

With new stricter punishments introduced in Nov'15, operated exos (decat) can be a very unwise option.

What qualifies one to be "experienced modders"? Hahahaha

No worries, LTA knows about decat or the operated exos thingy... jobs of operated exos existed as long as the rules was implimented and yes they know.

Asking because experienced modders and expert modders are different mah, former can also mean people who mod for years/decades without knowledge of the latest tech which serves many old practises pointless.

• Like 1

On that matter; which LTA friendly exo is the quietest? Have to please both the gahmen and the gahmen at home.

Excluding factory equipped exos...

1) LTA Friendly Exos (aka Gahmen friendly) = LTA Compliant Exos... just pick the exos with musical notes that u like.

2) LTA Unfriendly Exos = Non LTA Compliant Exos = Cannot pass the LTA sound Db standard = Totally fail the Euro-V emission standard (come 2016, is Euro-VI emission standard)

So finally, your choice IS obvious.