• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Normal wear & tear on button?

Hi

I asked C&C salesman about the faded icon on my door unlock button and he said it is normal wear and tear due to sweaty finger, not manufacturer quality issue. Will cost $200-$300 to ship in replacement. But my car is only coming to 3 years old (still under warranty). I have never had such problems with my previous camrys and cefiro before. How can Mercedes quality be worse than cheaper Japanese cars?

Anyone has such a problem?

post-5959-0-50295700-1415283191_thumb.jpg

U might wanna check with local stockist and get it replace.

No such problem.

Oh by the way, did you for your groomer use special cleaning agent or care products?

I had the same issue with my notebook keys also faded. I realized the culprit is the hand cream that I am using..... :D  :D  :D

Spoon feeding teaches you nothing....but the shape of the spoon...

So old already still use hand cream? Don't waste money bro. Hahaha

Bro, old to sight....young to touch.....

Hand cream can cause fading?

Bro Martin, all depending on the composition of the content. Most petroleum jelly type will have some effect on plastic items.....

A simple experiment....blow a balloon, take a satay stick, coat the sharp point and shaft with Vaseline, then poke the satay stick into the balloon...it will not burst.

A simple experiment....blow a balloon, take a satay stick, coat the sharp point and shaft with Vaseline, then poke the satay stick into the balloon...it will not burst.

Thinking of using it for other application. Poke and it won't burst. Haha everyone can remain a virgin.

Thinking of using it for other application. Poke and it won't burst. Haha everyone can remain a virgin.

True...provided the "thing" is made of plastic... :D  :D  :D

• 10 months later...