• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

hit and run!!!

retiefgoosen

A post to rant

was at causeway point yesterday from 1400-2115.

thought everything was well and drove home but upon reaching home, found that my front parking sensor intermittently beep to the red line even when i am not close to any object or cars

parked the car and did an inspection, it was the front tow hook cover that was flapping and hitting around the front sensor.

further inspection see more scuffed and scratched marks all over the front right hand side of the bumper with cracked front valence. ( Mine is the AMG version)

Such heartbroken moment....

I suspect as I was parked at the most corner lot, some reckless driver probably turned in too sharply and hit my car..

now i need to go back to the shopping mall and see whether they have any security cctv at that level

A mate said I need to report police

if not, LL have to do the repair myself. if the bumper is broken and beyond repair. might even need to get a new one and AMG one cost a bomb!

what a day....

A post to rant

was at causeway point yesterday from 1400-2115.

thought everything was well and drove home but upon reaching home, found that my front parking sensor intermittently beep to the red line even when i am not close to any object or cars

parked the car and did an inspection, it was the front tow hook cover that was flapping and hitting around the front sensor.

further inspection see more scuffed and scratched marks all over the front right hand side of the bumper with cracked front valence. ( Mine is the AMG version)

Such heartbroken moment....

I suspect as I was parked at the most corner lot, some reckless driver probably turned in too sharply and hit my car..

now i need to go back to the shopping mall and see whether they have any security cctv at that level

A mate said I need to report police

if not, LL have to do the repair myself. if the bumper is broken and beyond repair. might even need to get a new one and AMG one cost a bomb!

what a day....

even if u report police, i believe claim insurance for the bumper also is claim ur own insurance, also will kanna own ncd... correct?

Bro... if your camera cannot capture the culprit... I think its best to just repair it on your own... For shopping centre management will not show you their video recordings... even if they had one...

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

bo leh.....

never really like to have anything extra sticking on the windscreen

but now have to really consider one...

Hi Bro,

Sorry to hear of your damage. I installed a camera with the battery back up so that it works even with the engine off. Cost over $700 but it has paid itself 3 times already due to hit and run 2 times and 1 time vandalism! Without catching the culprits, my out of pocket expense would have been over $2000! Don't wait! Get yours done asap!

Hi Bro,

Sorry to hear of your damage. I installed a camera with the battery back up so that it works even with the engine off. Cost over $700 but it has paid itself 3 times already due to hit and run 2 times and 1 time vandalism! Without catching the culprits, my out of pocket expense would have been over $2000! Don't wait! Get yours done asap!

Bro can share where you did yours and which model you using?

• Like 1