• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

To Buy or Not to Buy

Guest i6u

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HEY HOYAS!!!

Long time no see lah brudder!!

Anyway, i also dunno how come mine is so low leh..

My insurance ran out, suddenly my agent called to pick up the road tax disc to renew my road tax and insurance as well and all end up total about 2700++.

road tax $1426 and insurance $1530.81...

Is the premium for full 1 year? or part thereof?

Full year bro..

sillywilly ]

Not forgetting you bro.... Think you also have 2 x Merc 350 or many more....another Legacy Turbo ..... Heard another Evo X is on the way , right ?

Actually if i not wrong, many member also have at least 2 car or more.....

bro dun be so modest, got many vehicles with the number 9339 ard also... like the B class in one of our threads? hahaha...

Bro i6u, now lots of ppl know you got 3 car at home.....

Let me intro you to 1 of our member, he got slight more than you,you guys can go LTa take a best road tax paid award......ok, he have 2 Merc 1 for family' wrote:

hmm... sepang is mention twice so the answer is obvious... :angry3:

if its 2 merc - one for family, 1 for "sch work", BIG NA car for malaysia mountain and a bike for cashew / pasir gudang?

ok, enuff OT. i'm actually suprised at the CLS350 giving such FREAKING GOOD fuel consumsion at ard 10litres per 100km... even our member's SL350 can give up to 7litres per 100KM!!! kuduos to the 3.5 V6 engines from MB!

when we buy a merc - i guess we're nt only paying for safety, but for SAVINGS as well... a good eg of competition to the CLS350 is the bmw 530i, and it always gives double digit fuel consumsion...

Haha no, the sl only does about 10l per 100km, the cls should be able to achieve 10l per 100km even with lots of spirited driving every day! Merc really does give really accurate fuel consumption figures and their engines are so efficient!

Haha no, the sl only does about 10l per 100km, the cls should be able to achieve 10l per 100km even with lots of spirited driving every day! Merc really does give really accurate fuel consumption figures and their engines are so efficient!

pai seh, must be mistaken. den izzit the SLK350 that can give 7l per 100km when on light driving?

every time i see this figures i go :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: cuz my c class gives me those figures with a smaller engine and less power... T.T

Guest wuyiche

pai seh, must be mistaken. den izzit the SLK350 that can give 7l per 100km when on light driving?

every time i see this figures i go :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: cuz my c class gives me those figures with a smaller engine and less power... T.T

sometimes... the smaller the engine... the more fuel it burns to get up to speed as you are on the throttle more.

Try the SLK 350 :thumbsup:

BIG cc engine carry a lightweight "Mercedes" vs a small cc engine carry a heavier weight Mercedes

think about it...

i6u ]

Hey i6u, I got my CLS thru' wrote:

Yes, you are right, Cycle is still selling the 272hp, whereas PI's 292hp. I thought after 2006 all are CGI (292hp). Is there a mistake on the part of Cycle? Anyone from Cycle can enlighten?

My understanding is that there are 2 models of the 3.5L - CLS350 (272hp) and CLS350 CGI (292hp). C&C mentioned to me that the CGI model is not for Singapore market, something to do with the fuel available here.

This is very interesting....I hope they are not saying that petrol sold here are of inferior quality. Or they are bringing in different engine management system and giving the reason that the CGI (292hp) version is not suitable here due to something that cannot be verified?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wuyiche

hi guys, just a note to let you know that I've collected my new babe yesterday....insurance was $1,600+ (after full NCD)...kind of sad to part with my E....

congratulations buddy!! we look forward to you introducing it to us at the next meetup...

hi guys, just a note to let you know that I've collected my new babe yesterday....insurance was $1,600+ (after full NCD)...kind of sad to part with my E....

Congrats! What colour is your car? Is it the CGI version with 292hp? Enjoy the ride.

wuyiche ]

hi guys, just a note to let you know that I' wrote:

congratulations buddy!! we look forward to you introducing it to us at the next meetup...

Thanks, Wuyiche. Hope to see you this coming meetup..

hoyas ]

Congrats! What colour is your car? Is it the CGI version with 292hp? Enjoy the ride.

hoyas,

Tks. Its a carbonite silver... I was told it is a CGI version which could be true as I understand the PI bought in the car from UK.

i6u ]

hoyas,

Tks. Its a carbonite silver... I was told it is a CGI version which could be true as I understand the PI bought in the car from UK.

Sweet. I guess the only way to find out is a drag race (after your car is broken in, of course)! ;)

Apart from my S Class fascination, the CLS is one of my favourites with it good styling, power and most important of all comfort.

Did you get yours with lots of wood and leather. :)

The CLS is good for long drives which incidentally I enjoy.

Petrol consumption is on the high side though.

I believe the wood trims are bird's eye maple (black/dark gray). Not that much of wood trim but it does come with well appointed chromed trimmings. I have yet to confirm fuel consumption but it reads from 9.1 L/100km to 16.2 L/100km, dependant on whether its highway driving or start/stop city driving. I can feel the smoothness of the transmission but have yet to put my foot down on the mat to test the power. Meanwhile enjoying the ride...and falling in :love7:

I believe the wood trims are bird's eye maple (black/dark gray). Not that much of wood trim but it does come with well appointed chromed trimmings. I have yet to confirm fuel consumption but it reads from 9.1 L/100km to 16.2 L/100km, dependant on whether its highway driving or start/stop city driving. I can feel the smoothness of the transmission but have yet to put my foot down on the mat to test the power. Meanwhile enjoying the ride...and falling in :love7:

Glad that you find enjoyment in your car, lets keep the Mercedes-Benz spirit alive! :)

i6u ]

I believe the wood trims are bird' wrote:

yet to put my foot down[/b] on the mat to test the power. Meanwhile enjoying the ride...and falling in :love7:

u better prepare to brake cos the car infront will be near to u faster than u expected....

Bro,,, 16.2L/100KM?!?!?!?!?

I drive like crazy also never hit that unless i'm staying still and the engine is on ah!!

The most i've ever driven is 15L/100KM lor!!

I think not only your petrol bill is gonna go up, i think u might need to change your brakepads every 6 months lor! :death:

narmi ]

I believe the wood trims are bird' wrote:

Bro,,, 16.2L/100KM?!?!?!?!?

I drive like crazy also never hit that unless i'm staying still and the engine is on ah!!

The most i've ever driven is 15L/100KM lor!!

I think not only your petrol bill is gonna go up, i think u might need to change your brakepads every 6 months lor! :death:

i get 20L/100KM before :death:

Hmm, all your car's FC quite low compared to mine. Averaging about 16.5L/100km with 95% local roads. Must be all that stop-go traffic. Leave it in S mode most of the time though.

BTW, do you guys find that the G-tronic not that responsive, even in S mode? Usually, have to wait s split second before gearbox kickdown a couple of gears. Compared to BMW, it seems like an eternity.