• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

How to hook up ipod in the car?

Guest angela

Guest archie

ripclaw wrote:

For all those out there who wants a fuss free and cheap way to attaching your ipod or itouch to your merc, this gadget is available.

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/tuneflexaux#

but bear in mind you will also need this

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/noise-reducing-audio-cable

because there will be a hum if you use the normal aux cable provided

I have this setup in my car and its working fine and no hum/electrical noise when you pause your ipod/itouch

Sorry where did u get the stuff above frm can share? Tks

Guest archie

kepiting1sg wrote:

U can get this over eBay!

About $73 inclusive of shipping.

U can use this provided U have an aux input in your car.

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/Griffin-TuneFlex-AUX-Mount-and-Charger-SmartClick-/370409034615?pt=PDA_Accessories

I can see a small hole on the left wall of the glove compartment and a 12v lighter Jack in the left corner. Those are enuf rite?

• 2 months later...
Guest poh6702

I am having a Mar 2007 E230, I believe it is audio 20, I would like to hook up my Iphone to the car's audio system, I don't mind even if it is through audio jet, need not be iphone/ipod interface, would appreciate if someone can advice which shop I can go to.

Thanks.

Guest kepiting1sg

poh6702 wrote:

I am having a Mar 2007 E230, I believe it is audio 20, I would like to hook up my Iphone to the car's audio system, I don't mind even if it is through audio jet, need not be iphone/ipod interface, would appreciate if someone can advice which shop I can go to.

Thanks.

Please check your PM!:becky:

Guest poh6702

Thanks for the pointer, I finally installed a Kenwood head unit, it fits very well and nicely in the console with a special bracket designed for W211 model.

This is a 7" LCD touch screen display unit, with reversed camera, plays DVD video, MP4, DIVX videos, SD & USB interface, Ipod/iphone connection & control, Aux audio in and bluetooth handsfree function.

However, I decided to forgo the steeling control function for $400.

Good sound system, the only thing one has to get use to is the slow touch screen response, especially for Iphone and IPad user, you will be frustrated initially, but once get use to it, it is ok.

Overall I am satisfy except for a hole in the pocket.

Guest kepiting1sg
This is a 7" LCD touch screen display unit, with reversed camera, plays DVD video, MP4, DIVX videos, SD & USB interface, Ipod/iphone connection & control, Aux audio in and bluetooth handsfree function.

Congrats! & now U have about everything.........Enjoy!!!!!!!:becky:

Guest kepiting1sg

Blurrgarch wrote:

I just got a second hand w211 2007 and want to include GPS and iphone function to the car. Could you advise who/ which workshop could do the job?

I assume your current stock HU is audio 20 i.e no gps & has only CD & Radio.

Retrofit of COMMAND NTG 2.5 which is the original MB HU with GPS & DVD is not possible from C & C.

However though remote we might find a 3rd party to retrofit for U.

Likely to be around $4k.

Another way is to fit a Kenwood 2 DIN HU with Garmin GPS, DVD, CD, Radio, Bluetooth, iPod, USB + another $400 if U want steering control.

This option will set U back abt $2k+.

Hope this help!

Guest Blurrgarch

Thanks for the advice. Would you be able to pm me on a lead that I could follow up with? And do I purchase the Kenwood 2 DIN HU with Garmin GPS, DVD, CD, Radio, Bluetooth, iPod, USB directly and get the workshop to fit it or there's someone able to provide the equipment and do the whole works?

Guest kepiting1sg

Blurrgarch wrote:

Thanks for the advice. Would you be able to pm me on a lead that I could follow up with? And do I purchase the Kenwood 2 DIN HU with Garmin GPS, DVD, CD, Radio, Bluetooth, iPod, USB directly and get the workshop to fit it or there's someone able to provide the equipment and do the whole works?

Yes! The workshop will do everything for U and U will get what is mentioned above.

AutoSpritze

115 Eunos Ave 3

Ah Boon (hp: 81633839 -office hrs only)

Just mention Mr. Seah from Batam Island send U.

I do not get comission, but U do get a fair quote....hahaha!:becky:

Let us know if U have gone ahead with it!

Guest poh6702

Hi,

Through Kepiting1sg's recommendation, I went to the place to do the installation, I can't comment on whether is it good price or not because I didn't do comparison. But I can testify that Ah Boon is very friendly and professional.

If you read few posting below, I am really happy with the Kenwood unit, if you install a 7" display HU, then I will recommend to add the reverse camera. I have decided to forego the GPS option and save $600 (Ah Boon mentioned the unit with GPS will cost $600 more), and also after considering the cost of $400 just to have steering volume control is not worth also.

Then if your car come with only 4 speakers built into the doors, you may want to consider installing a amplifier and subwoofer. That will bring you to total of $2k++.

1. Reversed camera on 7" screen is great, I find this very useful in parking.

2. DVD/VCD/CD player (Video and songs)

3. iPod/iPhone connectivity

4. Bluetooth mobile phone handsfree function with address book and caller name disply on the HU.

5. MP3 player on CD/DVD

6. SD memory card Video/music player

7. USB Video/music player

8. Audio Aux input.

9. Play music via Bluetooth device that is paired to the HU.

10. Off course must have Radio.

Other than GPS and steering control, it is really complete.

Guest poh6702

KJLEE wrote:

Hi,

Like to know if I can do the same with the W204 model? Thanks...

Drive down to see Ah Boon to get a quote, you can use it as reference and go somewhere to check price and then make a decision.

Guest kepiting1sg

To add further!

It's not just the price of the hardwares alone but the experience of the installers taking out and stripping out parts, panels, wirings and not damaging anything during the installation. That will give U peace of mind!

AutoSpritze has the software for various MB models showing various assemblies in the car and how to take them out.

They were not to sure how to open up my front dome lights to change the bulbs to white LEDs.

They look up on the assembly pictures and found out how to do it.

Guest blackmercs

Blurrgarch wrote:

Would C&C void any warranties because of the mod?

Void yr car warranty u mean?? Depends on what u wants to claim against. For example, u change the interior bulb to LED & yr car engine stall, can it be claimed? U got to decide!! :)

Guest kepiting1sg

Blurrgarch wrote:

Fair point.

Joke nia lah!

Anyway if U take out your Audio 20 HU & changed to a after mkt eg Kenwood, C&C will not void the rest of your car other than the Audio.:becky: