• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

How to hook up ipod in the car?

Guest angela

Guest kepiting1sg

i guess i dont have., the aux in should be deep inside the glove compartment?

if i dont have, can we do after market hook up?

Depend of which model of stock HU U have!

Audio 20, Audio 50, Command APS, etc

can anyone tell me which model is this? mine look like this exactly

68963917.jpg

By jan999, shot with DMC-FZ30 at 2009-09-11

dude ur freakin' interior rocks! even comes with ventilated seats!!! omg i love the jap text on the command console. swee swee la.

may i ask what is the card thingy by the sidewall of the passenger seat?

dude ur freakin' interior rocks! even comes with ventilated seats!!! omg i love the jap text on the command console. swee swee la.

ETC is the abbreviation of Electronic Toll Collection. The ETC system consists of 3 integral parts – The ETC Card, the transmitter in the car (OBE, On-board equipment) and the toll gates. The card is inserted into the transmitter and a charge is placed on the card when passing through the toll gate. Most toll roads in Japan offer discounts when using ETC and obviously there is a lot of time saved not having to stop and pay in cash.

In short, should be like our cashcard thinggy.

ETC is the abbreviation of Electronic Toll Collection. The ETC system consists of 3 integral parts – The ETC Card, the transmitter in the car (OBE, On-board equipment) and the toll gates. The card is inserted into the transmitter and a charge is placed on the card when passing through the toll gate. Most toll roads in Japan offer discounts when using ETC and obviously there is a lot of time saved not having to stop and pay in cash.

In short, should be like our cashcard thinggy.

darn. wish our garment was as kind to provide discounts when using erp... :(

what abt the device at the drivers side? looks a lil different compared to the passenger side one.

haiz, my this Jap set came with Navi (cant use), TV(preset to jap channels, cant use as well), Tel (cant use...), dvd rom which only read navi disc but not dvd movie... haiz....

guess what, my clock was set at Jap time with no time adjust function in the menu... and was told that the clock hooked to jap sat-nav, so no way to tune it. luckily i sent back to C&C and flash it to local version...

but i heard someone said that actually we can mod our cd changer and make it mp3 and dvd readable. true or not?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ripclaw

For all those out there who wants a fuss free and cheap way to attaching your ipod or itouch to your merc, this gadget is available.

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/tuneflexaux#

but bear in mind you will also need this

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/noise-reducing-audio-cable

because there will be a hum if you use the normal aux cable provided

I have this setup in my car and its working fine and no hum/electrical noise when you pause your ipod/itouch

• 2 months later...
Guest myterrierplace

Hi all,

Collected my CLC180 in Oct 2009, just two months ago, and been looking for the iPod interface kit. I dont seem to see it on sale at C&C. Do they have it? or anyone know where i can get one installed and if so, estimated charges.

I want one for Christmas and if anyone can help, would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Guest blackmercs

myterrierplace wrote:

Hi all,

Collected my CLC180 in Oct 2009, just two months ago, and been looking for the iPod interface kit. I dont seem to see it on sale at C&C. Do they have it? or anyone know where i can get one installed and if so, estimated charges.

I want one for Christmas and if anyone can help, would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Welcum, finally another CLC on board. Read this thread

http://www.sgmerc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10108&highlight=blackmercs

Guest myterrierplace

blackmercs wrote:

Welcum, finally another CLC on board. Read this thread

http://www.sgmerc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10108&highlight=blackmercs

Thanks for the link. Read it.

Unfortunately, still a bit daff on it.

However, managed to find this: http://www.comandonline.co.uk/product.php?productid=16208&cat=273&page=1

Would you or anyone know if this is the correct one to purchase? Then after purchasing, the next challenge would be installation - would C&C install or any recommendations?

Guest blackmercs

myterrierplace wrote:

Thanks for the link. Read it.

Unfortunately, still a bit daff on it.

However, managed to find this: http://www.comandonline.co.uk/product.php?productid=16208&cat=273&page=1

Would you or anyone know if this is the correct one to purchase? Then after purchasing, the next challenge would be installation - would C&C install or any recommendations?

U can write to them and give them yr Vin code, ask them about installation guide too. Quick and good service from this company. After that go to Pin Liang at Zion rd ask for their professional opinion. Once everything is done, let me know ya.

C&C has it, but i was told $1000 and above, if you have the budget go and ask yr SE to get it done for you.

Btw do u know you can plug in yr ipod which comes with yr car at the dash board? U only needs to purchase a cable to get it going. The result is a no no no worst than a portable radio.

Guest myterrierplace

Quote from C&C to install the interface:

Parts: $727.82

Labour: $400.00

Total: $1127.82

Duration: 1 day job.

uuummmm...

I think this will be a cheaper solution:

1. http://store.apple.com/sg/product/TT935PA/A?fnode=MTY1NDA2MQ&mco=MTA4NzQ3MTc

2. http://store.apple.com/sg/product/TH939Z/A?fnode=MTY1NDA2MQ&mco=MTEzMTIyNjY

• Like 1

Guest blackmercs

myterrierplace wrote:

Quote from C&C to install the interface:

Parts: $727.82

Labour: $400.00

Total: $1127.82

Duration: 1 day job.

uuummmm...

I think this will be a cheaper solution:

1. http://store.apple.com/sg/product/TT935PA/A?fnode=MTY1NDA2MQ&mco=MTA4NzQ3MTc

2. http://store.apple.com/sg/product/TH939Z/A?fnode=MTY1NDA2MQ&mco=MTEzMTIyNjY

Autobacs at ubi has it too, not too sure abt the sound quality, hopes its didnt sound like a portable transistor radio.

Guest myterrierplace

blackmercs wrote:

Autobacs at ubi has it too, not too sure abt the sound quality, hopes its didnt sound like a portable transistor radio.

HAHHAHAA!!!

anyways, still have time to think about it, considering it's only home-work-home route time and sometimes to elsewhere.

Guest nightfly

myterrierplace wrote:

HAHHAHAA!!!

anyways, still have time to think about it, considering it's only home-work-home route time and sometimes to elsewhere.

I've heard the SQ from FM transmitted to the factory fitted ICe of a Boxster and I would tend to agree that it's a hard fight with a transistor radio. I think even using the aux input with 3.5mm minijacked cable will provide you with much better sound and it is a cheap solution albeit a bit untidy and harder to manipulate. If you can't live with that then you can always put in the ipod interface kit later.

YMMV

Guest blackmercs

nightfly wrote:

I've heard the SQ from FM transmitted to the factory fitted ICe of a Boxster and I would tend to agree that it's a hard fight with a transistor radio. I think even using the aux input with 3.5mm minijacked cable will provide you with much better sound and it is a cheap solution albeit a bit untidy and harder to manipulate. If you can't live with that then you can always put in the ipod interface kit later.

YMMV

I had had used the 3.5 mini jack cable to hook up my ipod and its does sound like a transistor portable radio. Apart from this, u need to increase the audio volume to the max, once u had done that and when u forgotten to tune the volume down when u switch to radio or disc function, u will get the best sound system in yr ride.

Guest nightfly

blackmercs wrote:

I had had used the 3.5 mini jack cable to hook up my ipod and its does sound like a transistor portable radio. Apart from this, u need to increase the audio volume to the max, once u had done that and when u forgotten to tune the volume down when u switch to radio or disc function, u will get the best sound system in yr ride.

That is true - you have to remember to turn down your volume before you switch over to other sources. That's what you get for a cheap solution. In my ride I managed to get better sound by programming different EQ settings for different albums in the ipod. If it sounds like a transistor radio then it probably sounds like a Tivoli. ;)

In any case, I plan to get an integration kit in the next few weeks so I won't have to bear with this for much longer and I get to enjoy better SQ as well. :D

Guest kepiting1sg

blackmercs wrote:

The blame goes to the f$&kin HU they've given us.

Short of saying if not kum guan dun put it up in our ride at all.

Wanna pay & retrofit, they also cannot do it.

My dark side ride has no problem with the iPod/Aux/3.5mm cable/vol/clarity problem!

Imagine the frustration I faced with my previous 1+ yr W211. Cannot connect iPod, no BT.

Guest blackmercs

nightfly wrote:

That is true - you have to remember to turn down your volume before you switch over to other sources. That's what you get for a cheap solution. In my ride I managed to get better sound by programming different EQ settings for different albums in the ipod. If it sounds like a transistor radio then it probably sounds like a Tivoli. ;)

In any case, I plan to get an integration kit in the next few weeks so I won't have to bear with this for much longer and I get to enjoy better SQ as well. :D

Cool, care to share yr integration kit infro? Is it from C&C and what is the damage?

Guest nightfly

blackmercs wrote:

Cool, care to share yr integration kit infro? Is it from C&C and what is the damage?

It will be the kit from C&C. Plan to have it installed next month. Let you know the details once I have them.

• 1 month later...
Guest nightfly

My Ipod kit installation has been scheduled for Monday. Meanwhile for those guys who are using the aux port and want a cheap way to better sound you can buy a LOD pre-amp like the FiiO E-1. It cost me $40 and it's available in black or white. After my kit is installed I will continue to use the E-1 with my cans :)

You can read some discussion on it at this forum - http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f38/fiio-e1-headphone-amplifier-452277/ and there's a review here - http://www.inearmatters.net/2009/10/pictorial-review-fiio-e1.html

• 1 month later...
Guest calvintcc

Hi guys does anyone here get the aeroplane sound when you plug in and play from the ipod via the aux channel? I got very loud sound don't know how to get rid of it.

Guest windss

the only aeroplane sound i'm getting is when the engine is starting up.. gf says the car is abt to take off.. :P

try changing cables? cheap and cheerful option..

Guest www888

nightfly wrote:

My Ipod kit installation has been scheduled for Monday.

Hi, did your Ipod kit installation go well? Heard from some sources that the Ipod kit does not connect well with Audio 20. Please share and update. Thanks!