• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

accident.. what sld i do?

subaloo

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you exchange particulars? Did you ask the driver to sign a statment that he admit is his fault? Go to police station made a report. Yes be it whether there are any injuries for foreign vehicle. After the police report, TP will investigate and will contact you after a week or 2. Why would TP involve coz there are syndicate taking advantage of this loop hole. As they are aware is a long process for either party to claim. So they will stage a accident and likely you will be at fault and claim for damage. But your case is they ramp your rear. Remember to inform your insurance company or go to pandan loop cnc to made the report the accident within 24 HOURS. However if you want to made a claim against him chances is slim and process is long. Else engage a lawyer but doubt you want to do that coz the expenses etc.

In short, when involve an sccident with any foreign vehicle ask the driver to pay you upfront and move on. If you manage to get compensate, ignore the above process except the statement thingy, incase the driver change his mind after the event. Yes, sound like suck thumb, trust me i feel for you. This applies for sg car too if involve in an accident in malaysia or any foreign land.

Good luck

If involve foreign car... best is to be compensated on the spot....if there is no injuries.. take whatever you are offered if it's reasonable.... going to insurance will be a LONGGGGGGG process.... reporting is a must... be it to the police and to IDAC... it's to play safe for your own interest....

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Err if compensation is done with a statement by the driver (admit that he is at fault) do not involve the insurance company. If you do so, your next premium will shoot up. Yes, It is doesnt matter whether you are at fault or not. Coz once you reported the incident, your case will be log into the main insurance system ( all insurer will able to access this infro). So is doesnt matter which insurer you sign up with!! your next insurance premium will confirm shoot up. Hence if you may, private settlement is the way to go be it local or foreign vehicle or with alien ship!!

After the Govt increase all the Toll charges some of these should make these M'sian vehicles buy compulsory SG insurance.

AFAIK, Malaysian cars ARE requried to buy insurance to include driving on Singapore road as a rider if they are going to be using their cars in Singapore.

• 2 months later...

Hi All, 

Will there be a complimentary car by C & C when the car is involved in an accident? 

Thanks. 

if your car is insured by AIG/ tagged to C and C

then yes and you have to claim against your own insurance

if you claiming against other parties. it depends how much pay out the other parties insurer gonna offer...

Last time a lady rammed my back and I was claiming against her. their insurance company only states. corrolla/ sunny level or 150 sgd per day for rental

C and C pandon loop got me a Honda Accord  instead.

Thanks for the reply. I was involved in an accident with a police car. My car rear was hit by the police front at a stop line while waiting for the traffic to clear. Its an obvious case that the police car was at fault. The thing is that you still have to bear with all this hassel and inconvience and not provided by vehicle even if it not your fault.

C & c said that China taiping(the insurance company) will come on monday and survey the car and once they approve on the claim of the repair. Thereafter can start to rent the car and capped at 100 dollars per day and cab fare is $50.any claim before china taiping inspect is not gurantee and subject to the insurance company approval.

Is it true on this?

Any one have experience with china taiping, state board car and how is the process like as this is my first time dealing with c&c and the car is under warranty period.

If you are hit by a Malaysian car, really bad a**luck! You will find it almost impossible to claim against the Malaysian Insurers.

To this day, I still cannot understand why the Singapore authorities are not taking action on this matter.

The recent SimLim saga has made me realised that there are quite a few things that the authorities do not seem to want to act on.

If a Spore car were to hit a Malaysian car either in Spore or in Msia, the Malaysian party will have little difficulty claiming against the Spore insurers so why should it be otherwise?

Hi All, 

Will there be a complimentary car by C & C when the car is involved in an accident? 

Thanks.

Complimentary car is not a Mercedes, if that is what you were thinking.

Best to claim loss of use and use that $50 to rent a car on your own.

Or take a break and use the buses & MRT.

Check your insurance policy for replacement car information.