• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Anyone tried engine de-carbonising service before?

whizzard

Just wanted to know whether anyone here has sent their cars in for engine de-carbonisation service before i.e. to remove the carbon which has built up after some time.  If you have tried, (1) where did you send your car for the service and more importantly, (2) how is the feedback?  Do you notice any improvements e.g. better fuel economy or better driving performance, etc? 

I am thinking of sending my car to KlearKarbon to do this.  As this is my first time ever doing this kind of service, just wanted to find out from people who have actually tried before. 

Maybe I should send my wife's car to test water first before sending mine in :devil:  

I was once told that the best way to clear carbon is to run the engine at higher RPM constantly for 10-15 mins, usually entails a trip across the border and a highway to do so. =)

• Like 1

stock polar silver CLA180 =)

Why pay for ppl to torture your ride when with that same amount of $$$... you can pay for petrol... Toll... and a nice good meal over the border... not forgetting the thrill of running it at high speed.... Jus my opinion....

• Like 2

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

I have tried their service before but I heard good feedback from couple of friends who had done it on their 4-5 yr old rides.

C63 507 Edition/AMG hybrid kitted | 19" BC forged staggered rims | RAYS Alloy lock nuts | AMG BBK | KW Street Comfort Coilover | NAPEXX Quad exhaust | Exclusive motorsports ECU & Power Pedal | BMC Air filter | AMG Padels | Aftermarket ILS Headlamps | CF Side mirrors | CF Boot spoiler | CF Roof spoiler | Electroplated black chrome C-Coupe front grille | DLS 2-Way Active ICE : Apline PXA-H800 Processor / RUX C800 Contoller | 12" Active Ground Zero Slim Sub Woofer...

i would say bring your car to run at 5-6k rpm would be better, its easier in NSHW which we do have regular run for it so look out and go for the nshw run

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

coming to clear carbon, say in SG can drag 2nd or 3rd gear to clear?

it could help clear some $$$ from your bank if unlucky lol

C63 507 Edition/AMG hybrid kitted | 19" BC forged staggered rims | RAYS Alloy lock nuts | AMG BBK | KW Street Comfort Coilover | NAPEXX Quad exhaust | Exclusive motorsports ECU & Power Pedal | BMC Air filter | AMG Padels | Aftermarket ILS Headlamps | CF Side mirrors | CF Boot spoiler | CF Roof spoiler | Electroplated black chrome C-Coupe front grille | DLS 2-Way Active ICE : Apline PXA-H800 Processor / RUX C800 Contoller | 12" Active Ground Zero Slim Sub Woofer...

Just wanted to know whether anyone here has sent their cars in for engine de-carbonisation service before i.e. to remove the carbon which has built up after some time.  If you have tried, (1) where did you send your car for the service and more importantly, (2) how is the feedback?  Do you notice any improvements e.g. better fuel economy or better driving performance, etc? 

I am thinking of sending my car to KlearKarbon to do this.  As this is my first time ever doing this kind of service, just wanted to find out from people who have actually tried before. 

Maybe I should send my wife's car to test water first before sending mine in :devil:  

i did a motorvac before on my audi a6. didn't really feel much difference. i think they're both kinda similar right? end of the day if it feels better to drive, i think it's all in your head. haha