• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

WHY!! Steering keeps pulling towards the left !

Jandej

Hey bross!!!

I Need help.... :(

My steering wheel keeps pulling me towards the left. How do I resolve this problem?

It has been bothering me for months!

I've tried wheel alignment, balancing, check tire pressure, swapping left an right wheel but doesn't work :wacko:  :wacko: :wacko:  

I would check 3 things on top of those you had already checked

- steering arm linkage

- brake caliper on left side biting

- suspension on your left side

I've changed my steering arm recently....

and my left calipers seems fine...

However I haven't check the suspension  :unsure:

which mean aft u change, then got this problem... ?

Before and after I changed the steering arm still got the same problem.

If you changed steering arm recently and this started to happen after that, I suggest re check the arm linkage. It may be not installed properly or not tightened correctly.

Are you pulling left even though you holding the steering straight?

Hmmmm.... okok.

Is when I let go of the steering wheel then it'll swerve towards the left.

then I must use abit of force to straighten the wheel as I drive.

Is this normal for C class?

because the other cars don't have this issue :(

Before and after I changed the steering arm still got the same problem.

Hmmmm.... okok.

Is when I let go of the steering wheel then it'll swerve towards the left.

then I must use abit of force to straighten the wheel as I drive.

Is this normal for C class?

because the other cars don't have this issue :(

Its quite normal for C class... I went back to C&C for wheel alignment. Takes one day. Problem solved.

I had the same problem previously. In the end CNC changed my camber bolt (longer ones I think) and made some adjustment to resolve it.

C63 507 Edition/AMG hybrid kitted | 19" BC forged staggered rims | RAYS Alloy lock nuts | AMG BBK | KW Street Comfort Coilover | NAPEXX Quad exhaust | Exclusive motorsports ECU & Power Pedal | BMC Air filter | AMG Padels | Aftermarket ILS Headlamps | CF Side mirrors | CF Boot spoiler | CF Roof spoiler | Electroplated black chrome C-Coupe front grille | DLS 2-Way Active ICE : Apline PXA-H800 Processor / RUX C800 Contoller | 12" Active Ground Zero Slim Sub Woofer...

Its quite normal for C class... I went back to C&C for wheel alignment. Takes one day. Problem solved.

But they also did a wheel alignment for me during the full maintenance.

it still pulls to the left...

I had the same problem previously. In the end CNC changed my chamber bolt (longer ones I think) and made some adjustment to resolve it.

I have an E250 and had the same problem.  Had to change the camber bolts, do alignment and the pull to the left went away. 

Ahhh.. I see. Alright I shall go back C&C bang table again    :startle:  

But they also did a wheel alignment for me during the full maintenance.

it still pulls to the left...

Ahhh.. I see. Alright I shall go back C&C bang table again    :startle:  

A normal wheel alignment will not work,  got to change the chamber bolts, that is the reason must leave the car at C&C for at least 1 day.

Agree with PenangKia.  I did alignment and according to the alignment machine, all aligned, but still veer to the left.  I then went to a second alignment shop.  They checked and the machine said all aligned, but still veer to the left.  Straight away they knew what the problem was and  told me that the camber bolts needs to be replaced.  They also said that sometimes this change is not always necessary and depends on your particular car.  They even commented that CnC sents cars to them to be fixed.  Once the new camber bolts were installed and the car realigned, the car now rolls straight and true.

As you can tell, I did not do this at CnC.  I will PM u where I got this done

Dear all,

This issue been discussed several times. I have benefitted from this forum with all information shared by many bros here.

I must state that I have NO relation with this workshop whatsoever. Admin - pls remove if you think its inappropriate.         

Price i think its $120 per side, need two and he must order prior.  Cant remember as its few years ago when i send in my W204

Plus alignment price of $80 per car. 

Creative Trading Services

38 Woodlands Industrial Park E1

#02-06. Tel 6257 7207 Jimmy Tay

Only thing is that he may like to recommend many other things which i think is not requitred. Perhaps wanted to earn extra?

Dear All

I too have NO relation with this workshop whatsoever. Admin - pls remove if you think its inappropriate.

I paid the same price as ClearVision.  I replaced 2 camber bolts and 2 torsion arm bolts.  I don't know if this has any difference when compared to just replacing the camber bolts.

People's Auto Trading

3007 Ubi Road 1

#01-400

Tel:67414646

• 2 weeks later...

Agree with PenangKia. I did alignment and according to the alignment machine, all aligned, but still veer to the left. I then went to a second alignment shop. They checked and the machine said all aligned, but still veer to the left. Straight away they knew what the problem was and told me that the camber bolts needs to be replaced. They also said that sometimes this change is not always necessary and depends on your particular car. They even commented that CnC sents cars to them to be fixed. Once the new camber bolts were installed and the car realigned, the car now rolls straight and true.

As you can tell, I did not do this at CnC. I will PM u where I got this done

Hi Gearhead,

My W211 also have this issue after doing alignment, when my steering try to put straight, it will go to the left. Can you recommend me so that I can fix my problem. Thanks

Regards

Loylee