• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Mercedes E-class (2015) gets new nine-speed transmission

spyder79

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/News/Search-Results/First-Official-Pictures/Mercedes-E-class-2015-gets-new-nine-speed-transmission-for-lower-emissions/

If you thought car transmissions were racing to challenge mountain bikes, wait until you see the new 2015 model year Mercedes E-class. Daimler today confirmed the revised E-class will get the company’s nine-speed automatic transmission on the E350 Bluetec diesel.

The Mercedes 9G-Tronic gearbox has an epically long top gear, all the better to reduce fuel consumption and emissions for E-class owners.

Daimler is not alone to offer nine-speed transmissions; Land Rover offers them on the Evoque too.

Nine speeds for 2015 Mercedes E-class

At present, the nine-speeder is only fitted to the E350 Bluetec, which gains an extra six horsepower to make a total of 255bhp. Mercedes says CO2 output drops by up to 17g/km on the E350 diesel, tumbling to 136g/km for the E-class Coupe, 139g/km on the saloon, 142g/km on the estate and 143g/km for the E-class Cabriolet.

The 7G-Tronic auto continues elsewhere, but Merc has trimmed emisisons on the popular E220 Bluetec, too: CO2 falls by up to 16g/km, depending on derivative, and power is up to 175bhp.

The E 220 BlueTEC SE Saloon now has the lowest CO2 emissions of the whole E-class range at 116 g/km.

Mercedes E-class (2015): what else is new?

Extra equipment is being fitted to every E-class model for 2015. Collision Prevention Assist Plus is now standard across the board, warning drivers if a crash is imminent and – if they ignore visual and audio warnings – braking for them at speed up to 62mph. Who said autonomous cars weren’t available yet?

New trims are launched simultaneously this autumn. Dubbed Premium and Premium Plus packages, they bundle loads of kit for up to a quarter off the price compared with if you bought the items separately.

Sounds like a great way to snaffle a panoramic glass sunroof, reversing cameras, keyless go and Harman Kardon stereos to keep your passengers entertained.

The revised Mercedes E-class goes on sale in September 2014.

• Like 1

Ways To Grow Your Disposable Income by 5% To 8% monthly ? http://chart.mxfx.biz

Time to see which bank got old old security guard......

Remember to jio me along. I help be lookout!

i think the 9 tronics only on the 350 series ... our 200 and 250 would prolly stick with the 7 tronics version?

Don't worry, the technology will definitely flow down to the lower range models just like what the 7G-Tronic did to the 5G-Tronic. Just a matter of time. I highly doubt Daimler will spend so much R&D money to create a new gear box just for selected models.

Remember to jio me along. I help be lookout!

i can drive..

Don't need , go CnC KL and hit their store and drive out the E class. Then sell overseas , do this for a few times.

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

Don't need , go CnC KL and hit their store and drive out the E class. Then sell overseas , do this for a few times.

so u are saying... after someone did the 1st time, they'll be so toopid enough to let it happen "Again" another few more times?

Don't worry, the technology will definitely flow down to the lower range models just like what the 7G-Tronic did to the 5G-Tronic. Just a matter of time. I highly doubt Daimler will spend so much R&D money to create a new gear box just for selected models.

yeah.. agree. then slowly to all other respective range.