• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Car keys not working - Resetting key

Hi guys... My car keys just died on me.... even after changing battery... do I need to change the whole key? or do they reset the key??? please advice....

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

wait ur car is keyless right? check the fuse.... if u point at the driver door and unlock can unlock?

My previous car the S class gt such issue before , replace fuse and can work again

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

Unless they have different fuse for different keys.... then yes... My boss's key won't work... while mine can....

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Yeah.. I tried... see the red light.... but the door just wont open... jialat liao....

Maybe software issue, bring back ask workshop. Could be just a software glitch.

so whats the solution?

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

Put the key into ignition.... the pull out the key while holding the LOCK button... Then press the UNLOCK button 5 times... Viola... your key is reset.... Works like magic... my key is now usable... 

• Like 3

Yes... The knob can be removed.... Mine is keyless too... Works the same.....

Yes... The knob can be removed.... Mine is keyless too... Works the same.....

Bui! Thank you for your contribution - make it sticky!

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

• 1 year later...

my one jialat, at workshop coming 2 weeks, 

steering lock got problem,

workshop ordered from german, they don't want to release

car is PI car.

just need them to sell us the orange or blue key to reprogramme

the new steering lock.

I'm running out of ways to fix this.

freaking annoying.

can someone advise.

thx thousand 

Think it's call the "green key issue"

Workshop like AutoSpritze should be able to fix the problem.

Estd to be $2k+

If CnC car, the charges are much cheaper

• Like 1

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

• 3 weeks later...