• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Bassy Exhaust System

Minz

Hi

Any recommendations for a licensed exhaust system approved by LTA?

Rgds,

Min

This website will come in handy for you:

http://www.9tro.com/news/lta-approved-exhaust

• Like 1

Thanks markcwq..

You have any idea which of the listed exhaust produce the more solid base note??

Personally, I'll go with Carlsson. Another plus point is the oval shaped quad exhaust tips, which IMHO looks nicer than the small round exhaust tips from Brabus. I think there are many sound samples uploaded on YouTube. Can do a search there.

• Like 1

I heard the Carlsson exhaust on YouTube. Quite like the sound.

Any idea which garage bring in Carlsson??

MBM... Our site sponsor...

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

• 5 weeks later...

U wanna try eseinmann exhaust?

I'm calling them to check for the price tomorrow.

For Brabus I called and they say the price is $3300-$3600 ..

you know any garage carrying brabus exhaust?  do they provide LTA approve cert for brabus exhaust?

Agree with Odessus. With LTA looking over your shoulder, don't expect much. But anything will be better than stock.

There are many factors attributing to a good sounding exhaust. Real AMG exhaust is tuned for their particular straight 4, V8 or V12 engines. I'm sure the engineers calculated the amount of exhaust pressure flowing through the entire system while calibrating the note of the exhaust. I don't think you can really expect the same results when you install the AMG exhaust to a non-AMG car. For starters, the air flow and pressure is not strong enough on a non-AMG car compared to an AMG. How to expect the sound to be loud and nice?

For a good sounding exhaust system, I believe you have to get a system which is designed and meant for your car. Just bear in mind that LTA is watching.