Westlake

NEW C CLASS LAUNCH - W205

226 posts in this topic

Choy! Old ginger u think too much la. Bring your rubber cable ties on Sunday. Free door gifts for the newbies.

Simi old ginger is gross expression leh. Is ginseng hor!!

Simi old ginger is gross expression leh. Is ginseng hor!!

What did I do wrong =.=

I said u old ginger..spicy what! Hawt! 姜还是老的辣! It's a compliment heehee.

What did I do wrong =.=

I said u old ginger..spicy what! Hawt! 姜还是老的辣! It's a compliment heehee.

I know lah thank you!!

apparently they didnt lock the steering wheel coupling properly or something like that i think. so will have knocking sounds when driving but not much of a problem.

went there at 10am, left at 10.30am. the checking takes less than 15min actually.

c&c said they cannot answer for the PI ppl. oh wells.

apparently they didnt lock the steering wheel coupling properly or something like that i think. so will have knocking sounds when driving but not much of a problem.

went there at 10am, left at 10.30am. the checking takes less than 15min actually.

Thanks for the info bro

Dunno this problem is across the board or for the AD only

Hi, I believe it should be across the board as the 2014 C class comes from only one factory. At the same time, the UsA forums are citing the recall for the Steering Sheel as well.

Oh well, I've checked with my PI, he says there's no news yet.... Any bros who bought from PI have their merc done up?

I guess that's the price u pay for buying from PI...

C class is the states is assembled in the US

In China assembled in Beijing

Asia market assembled in South Africa

European market assembled in Germany until only recent months they moved all RHD to South Africa

So it is not true they come from the same factory

Malaysia just launched on 17th sep, assembled in South Africa too but 2015 will have locally assembled for their own domestic market

Thanks Nigel, but that will still mean the PI and AD both take in from South Africa? Since I doubt they will bring in from USA or maybe even China?

Mine is from Germany via UK, my VIN code in the car confirms it is assembled in Brennan although I cannot say assembled in Germany is better than South Africa, cause the east London plant in South Africa has won a lot of awards apparently

would like to ask those Bros collected their cars from AD, is

DAB (Digital Audio Broadcasting)

and Paddle Shifts (manual mode)

a standard feature in both C180 and C200?

Please advice...

just collected the car yesterday. Insulation from road noise is better than my old w204. However, I could hear the drone of the engine coming from the right footwell during acceleration. Never hear this in my old w204, but is it this new car too quiet? no time to play around with it too. 

1 person likes this

just collected the car yesterday. Insulation from road noise is better than my old w204. However, I could hear the drone of the engine coming from the right footwell during acceleration. Never hear this in my old w204, but is it this new car too quiet? no time to play around with it too. 

Ya, the car is pretty quiet if you drive slowly but it's engine very noisy when you step the accelerator harder, this is my major dissatisfy....:(..quite frustating when you trying to accelerate abit faster.

Perhaps mine still new (1.5 weeks), the braking seem like got sound, and the low gear shifting doesn't seem as smooth as my previous bimmer.

Mine is C180, not sure C200 will be smoother or not..quite regret not getting the C200...C180 seem underpower.

1 person likes this

Mine is 2weeks old C180. It's pretty quiet compare to my old B170.

Just got Yas to paint all the Caliper RED this afternoon.

Realy limited apps on the audio 20..nb

More like Internet access & related apps - Google search, browser, Internet radio, weather app etc

Ya. So nigel, did u get the airplay thingy

no Apple Play avail yet leh BravoOc10

How you like your car so far?

Car is ok. Fc after 1500km. 7.9l/100km. My w204 prefl 1.8 kompressor is abt 9.8l/100km

Ride is less "fun" than the old w204

Its able to handle curves amd sudden turns with more composure...brakes better.... Old 204 is more twitchy? More road feel? Anyway can key in the Vin into mbbapp store and check for apps to downloaded into your audio20/ command.

1 person likes this

The road feel and steering feedback gets a lot better when I change from comfort to sports.

Lots of fun driving it in sports mode. But sports+ is too aggressive.

Also found the apps interface to be too clunky and limited.

Will try to play with that more.

Hi Pumpedup,

Did C&C resolve the knocking sounds? I get these wierd almost random knocking sound when driving slowly and especially when making turns or going over humps and bumpy roads. Also, the entire inner door interior seems "loose" with noises coming from vibrations. 

Just got my W205 from AD 1 month ago. 

Anyone else with this problem? 

Hi Pumpedup,

Did C&C resolve the knocking sounds? I get these wierd almost random knocking sound when driving slowly and especially when making turns or going over humps and bumpy roads. Also, the entire inner door interior seems "loose" with noises coming from vibrations. 

Just got my W205 from AD 1 month ago. 

Anyone else with this problem? 

i got the knocking sound when i was cruising along the expressway once but it was the only time and it was very soft so i wasnt very bothered. i am scheduled to bring back for tyre rotation so i may just go down when im free and make some noise see what will happen.

Just in case any bro trying to upgrade their sound system. MATCH PP 82DSP is still not fully tested for W205. I was at Roy ws this morning and was told to wait. Germany is still in testing phase.

Ya, the car is pretty quiet if you drive slowly but it's engine very noisy when you step the accelerator harder, this is my major dissatisfy....:(..quite frustating when you trying to accelerate abit faster.

Perhaps mine still new (1.5 weeks), the braking seem like got sound, and the low gear shifting doesn't seem as smooth as my previous bimmer.

Mine is C180, not sure C200 will be smoother or not..quite regret not getting the C200...C180 seem underpower.

I'm thinking of plug and play chiptunning when my car comes. It increases torque and hp by quite a lot c180 performs like c250