• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

NEW C CLASS LAUNCH - W205

Westlake

Choy! Old ginger u think too much la. Bring your rubber cable ties on Sunday. Free door gifts for the newbies.

Simi old ginger is gross expression leh. Is ginseng hor!!

What did I do wrong =.=

I said u old ginger..spicy what! Hawt! 姜还是老的辣! It's a compliment heehee.

I know lah thank you!!

apparently they didnt lock the steering wheel coupling properly or something like that i think. so will have knocking sounds when driving but not much of a problem.

went there at 10am, left at 10.30am. the checking takes less than 15min actually.

c&c said they cannot answer for the PI ppl. oh wells.

apparently they didnt lock the steering wheel coupling properly or something like that i think. so will have knocking sounds when driving but not much of a problem.

went there at 10am, left at 10.30am. the checking takes less than 15min actually.

Thanks for the info bro

Dunno this problem is across the board or for the AD only

Hi, I believe it should be across the board as the 2014 C class comes from only one factory. At the same time, the UsA forums are citing the recall for the Steering Sheel as well.

Oh well, I've checked with my PI, he says there's no news yet.... Any bros who bought from PI have their merc done up?

I guess that's the price u pay for buying from PI...

C class is the states is assembled in the US

In China assembled in Beijing

Asia market assembled in South Africa

European market assembled in Germany until only recent months they moved all RHD to South Africa

So it is not true they come from the same factory

Malaysia just launched on 17th sep, assembled in South Africa too but 2015 will have locally assembled for their own domestic market

just collected the car yesterday. Insulation from road noise is better than my old w204. However, I could hear the drone of the engine coming from the right footwell during acceleration. Never hear this in my old w204, but is it this new car too quiet? no time to play around with it too. 

• Like 1

just collected the car yesterday. Insulation from road noise is better than my old w204. However, I could hear the drone of the engine coming from the right footwell during acceleration. Never hear this in my old w204, but is it this new car too quiet? no time to play around with it too. 

Ya, the car is pretty quiet if you drive slowly but it's engine very noisy when you step the accelerator harder, this is my major dissatisfy....:(..quite frustating when you trying to accelerate abit faster.

Perhaps mine still new (1.5 weeks), the braking seem like got sound, and the low gear shifting doesn't seem as smooth as my previous bimmer.

Mine is C180, not sure C200 will be smoother or not..quite regret not getting the C200...C180 seem underpower.

• Like 1

Car is ok. Fc after 1500km. 7.9l/100km. My w204 prefl 1.8 kompressor is abt 9.8l/100km

Ride is less "fun" than the old w204

Its able to handle curves amd sudden turns with more composure...brakes better.... Old 204 is more twitchy? More road feel? Anyway can key in the Vin into mbbapp store and check for apps to downloaded into your audio20/ command.

• Like 1

The road feel and steering feedback gets a lot better when I change from comfort to sports.

Lots of fun driving it in sports mode. But sports+ is too aggressive.

Also found the apps interface to be too clunky and limited.

Will try to play with that more.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Pumpedup,

Did C&C resolve the knocking sounds? I get these wierd almost random knocking sound when driving slowly and especially when making turns or going over humps and bumpy roads. Also, the entire inner door interior seems "loose" with noises coming from vibrations. 

Just got my W205 from AD 1 month ago. 

Anyone else with this problem? 

Hi Pumpedup,

Did C&C resolve the knocking sounds? I get these wierd almost random knocking sound when driving slowly and especially when making turns or going over humps and bumpy roads. Also, the entire inner door interior seems "loose" with noises coming from vibrations. 

Just got my W205 from AD 1 month ago. 

Anyone else with this problem? 

i got the knocking sound when i was cruising along the expressway once but it was the only time and it was very soft so i wasnt very bothered. i am scheduled to bring back for tyre rotation so i may just go down when im free and make some noise see what will happen.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ya, the car is pretty quiet if you drive slowly but it's engine very noisy when you step the accelerator harder, this is my major dissatisfy....:(..quite frustating when you trying to accelerate abit faster.

Perhaps mine still new (1.5 weeks), the braking seem like got sound, and the low gear shifting doesn't seem as smooth as my previous bimmer.

Mine is C180, not sure C200 will be smoother or not..quite regret not getting the C200...C180 seem underpower.

I'm thinking of plug and play chiptunning when my car comes. It increases torque and hp by quite a lot c180 performs like c250