• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

NEW C CLASS LAUNCH - W205

Westlake

I was referring to the Mercedes diesel engine so I don't know why cab companies use merc as limo. What do you think? :)

probably the deal was bidded in a way or another, that merc got the deal. probably that's y. dun think too much, wan buy just buy . yes desiel does create black smoke, if dun mantain properly.

Euro 4 and 5 engines have this feature called DPD. .. which will help to clean up the "black smoke" and generate them into excess power for the ride...but end of the day.. It won't help if the maintenance is not done regularly.... Mercedes was chosen for a simple philosophy. . Their engine is reliable.... have u ever seen anyone in the world uses BMW diesel as Cabs?

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

C&C C250 AMG Line (A)(41 litre) Base price $244,888

addon

1) Hyacinth Red painwork $1.5k

2) Panoramic Sliding sunroof $8.3k

3) Head up Display (HUD) $4.7K

4) 360 Camera $1.5k

5) Comand online $12.1k

6) Burmester Sound Sys $3.6k

Total cost  $276,588

PI C250 AMG (66 litre) with all the items 1 to 6

Total cost  $239k

Different of $37,588

Which is more worth ?

im just doing a comparison

Ways To Grow Your Disposable Income by 5% To 8% monthly ? http://chart.mxfx.biz

$37,588 savings really alot.

think if you have a reliable workshop for PI car servicing should be ok.

only worry is new model car... outside workshop may not be able to support fully.

or pay cnc $10k to adopt the car? still have $20K savings before repairs

• Like 1

$37,588 savings really alot.

think if you have a reliable workshop for PI car servicing should be ok.

only worry is new model car... outside workshop may not be able to support fully.

or pay cnc $10k to adopt the car? still have $20K savings before repairs

$10k for adopt fee is very worth it... confirm at this amount ?

I believe the main reason for buying PI is the cost savings.

To then go back to the authorised agent and asking them to adopt your PI car, I just think it is wrong.

The facts that the autorised agent is charging you a hefty sum and treating you as a third rate customer are already reasons that they do not welcome you, I think. But please take note that I do not know if it is true that you will be treated as 3rd rate.

I am not necessarily supporting the authorised agents as I find that they are making way too hefty a profit (I estimate the profit on a C180 to be about $50,000). In fact, I think the PI should be supported as they help keep a check on the prices.

My take is, there is a risk and reward buying PI.

For me, going back to the authorised agent paying an adoption fee, is a loss of face (for me). I won't do it.

My opinion may be controversial to some but, please, it is just my opinion.

Buying form PI is mainly for $$$ savings... So in the end you wanna buy from PI... there are some rules to follow...

1) Buy from reputable dealer

2) Make sure you can see the physical car in the showroom... or you have a long long time to wait if you indent

3) Make sure you know who is covering their warranty and servicing...

If you are comfortable with these 3 features... why not??? Seriously...buying from AD will also give you all sorts of 'Problems" ... So it makes no sense to pay the 'Adoption" fees.... for reputable workshops like some of our site sponsors... are almost as good as AD in terms of mechanical knowledge...

Just my 2¢ worth...

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Buying form PI is mainly for $$$ savings... So in the end you wanna buy from PI... there are some rules to follow...

1) Buy from reputable dealer

2) Make sure you can see the physical car in the showroom... or you have a long long time to wait if you indent

3) Make sure you know who is covering their warranty and servicing...

If you are comfortable with these 3 features... why not??? Seriously...buying from AD will also give you all sorts of 'Problems" ... So it makes no sense to pay the 'Adoption" fees.... for reputable workshops like some of our site sponsors... are almost as good as AD in terms of mechanical knowledge...

Just my 2¢ worth...

Agreed totally.

Actually i wonder if mercedes will sell car u to in that way as thay usually only deal with thier own agents and how would u like to go about the indent process?

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

I know usually PI buys car in bulk, known a PI dealer who drive merc he said that one car will take 6mths to 8mths to indent and u need to buy at least 10 cars of the same class to get bulk discount

• Like 1

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.