• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Need advice on spray painting rims

Hi all,

Need a bit of inputs from the bros here. Looking to spray my rims and bbk. Was quoted a total of $1000 (tyre will be removed for rim paint) by a workshop. And informed that ride will be left at wkshop for 2 to 3 days.

I'm not jumping to any assumptions but is this the market rate? Cuz I see some bros here spray an entire ride for 2-3k. So if for rims and bbk at 1k... And the down time seems quite long for just rim and bbk spray

Appreciate if any bros can provide input or alternative wkshops. Thks in adv

• Like 1

$1000!?!

I just sprayed all four of my BBK calipers two weeks ago. It cost me less than $100, IIRC $60-$80, downtime was 2hrs. Did a really good job for me.

Apparently the sprayer also does rims. All four for $170, downtime 3hrs.

• Like 1

$1000!?!

I just sprayed all four of my BBK calipers two weeks ago. It cost me less than $100, IIRC $60-$80, downtime was 2hrs. Did a really good job for me.

Apparently the sprayer also does rims. All four for $170, downtime 3hrs.

I guess as much. Don't mind can share with me the contacts of yr workshop?

I guess as much. Don't mind can share with me the contacts of yr workshop?

IIRC = if I recall correctly

Actually our original rims from cycle are powder coated. Very resistant to scratches and chips. I don't suggest sending our powder coated merc rims to be sprayed by any shop.. U will get visible stone chips very fast.. If really want to change color I guess cycle does provide this service but very high price.. If need to touch up kerb rash I think just touch up that area can already.. Just my humble opinion

Actually our original rims from cycle are powder coated. Very resistant to scratches and chips. I don't suggest sending our powder coated merc rims to be sprayed by any shop.. U will get visible stone chips very fast.. If really want to change color I guess cycle does provide this service but very high price.. If need to touch up kerb rash I think just touch up that area can already.. Just my humble opinion

Thanks man. Good advise. But just getting tired of silver rims

Yes I have tried $170 spray paint rims job as well.. U pay $170, you get $170 job. That's all I can say.

Bro, can't say that.

For the amount I paid to respray my BBK (which I think is really cheap), results are ss good as any other more expensive sprayer who quoted 3 to 4 times more! Plus minimum downtime is very important to me. Yes of course there are black sheep in the market but there are some who really provide cheap, fast, and good products.

P.S POISON ALERT!

Results speak for themselves:

Front 6 Pot BBK

Original colour was anodised silver. 

post-105-0-92034600-1404209911_thumb.jpg

Sprayer had to putty up the Euromodz logo, respray to gloss red, add the AMG logo, and finish off with a clear coat.

post-105-0-22291300-1404210095_thumb.jpg

post-105-0-07964600-1404210096_thumb.jpg

Rear 4 Pot BBK

Original colour already gloss red. I ordered my rear brakes without the original Euromodz logo so no putty was required. Sprayer added the AMG logo and sprayed a clear coat to sill the decal.

post-105-0-96640800-1404209749_thumb.jpg

post-105-0-62647000-1404209759_thumb.jpg

My front BBK was resprayed and puttied while the BBK was still on the car. The rear BBK are brand new and was done fresh out of the box before installation.

• Like 3

Mark,

Nice one...so i I guess you are one of the existing 2 and 4 new customers of Annis who recently done up this BBK project? He showed me some pictures too. Lol

C63 507 Edition/AMG hybrid kitted | 19" BC forged staggered rims | RAYS Alloy lock nuts | AMG BBK | KW Street Comfort Coilover | NAPEXX Quad exhaust | Exclusive motorsports ECU & Power Pedal | BMC Air filter | AMG Padels | Aftermarket ILS Headlamps | CF Side mirrors | CF Boot spoiler | CF Roof spoiler | Electroplated black chrome C-Coupe front grille | DLS 2-Way Active ICE : Apline PXA-H800 Processor / RUX C800 Contoller | 12" Active Ground Zero Slim Sub Woofer...

Mark,

Nice one...so i I guess you are one of the existing 2 and 4 new customers of Annis who recently done up this BBK project? He showed me some pictures too. Lol

Haha! Yup, I got my front BBK from him over a year ago. Recently thought of doing up the rears so just went for it.

DAVID... the groove is very shallow... putty should hold... and add the sticker and the clear coat....  really won't notice even if it does... unless it's you we are talking about.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Was afraid initially that the heat will cause the putty to crack. The first time I went to respray, I actually didn't putty the old Euromodz logo. The sprayer just resprayed the colour and stick the AMG decal straight onto the uneven surface. The results wasn't ideal. In the end, I went back to redo my front BBK and added the putty to finish the flush look.

So far so good with the putty! If there were heat issues that will cause it to crack, it'll have shown by now.

post-105-0-23947400-1404227284_thumb.jpg

Mark, bbk looks good, can the putty tahan the heat? Now I am feeling itchy again!

Itchy already still waiting for what!

Too bad it can't be done with anodized finishing haizz...

C63 507 Edition/AMG hybrid kitted | 19" BC forged staggered rims | RAYS Alloy lock nuts | AMG BBK | KW Street Comfort Coilover | NAPEXX Quad exhaust | Exclusive motorsports ECU & Power Pedal | BMC Air filter | AMG Padels | Aftermarket ILS Headlamps | CF Side mirrors | CF Boot spoiler | CF Roof spoiler | Electroplated black chrome C-Coupe front grille | DLS 2-Way Active ICE : Apline PXA-H800 Processor / RUX C800 Contoller | 12" Active Ground Zero Slim Sub Woofer...

Too bad it can't be done with anodized finishing haizz...

Why not? Ah bui's bbk is anodised...and he did it

Ya! Why not? Mine is also anodised silver and I did it!

Had some free time today, took a few more shots:

Front BBK

post-105-0-79889100-1404283265_thumb.jpg

post-105-0-76602500-1404283355_thumb.jpg

Rear BBK

post-105-0-69913500-1404283290_thumb.jpg

post-105-0-42870000-1404283305_thumb.jpg

Whole Car

post-105-0-66538100-1404283332_thumb.jpg

• Like 5