• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Helix PP 82 DSP - Alternative & Affordable ICE upgrade

Hi Martin,

Have given up my previous 3 way active setup for a simple set in my E250. Had installed a 2 channel Harmonix tube amp with Alpine processor using 2 way active speakers. The system is one level up from stock, better soundstage and details. No regrets!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, going to Roy to get mine fix soon, anyone here fix a helix match amp n ground zero speakers, any comment is appreciated, thanks in advance

Same My2sons from VAGSG?

Lionel? Q5?  :)

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

yes kepiting, when back to merc, ha ha

I am always here in the forum from day 1.

Q5 & A4 Quattro was only a 1 nite stand! :)

I used to take part in ICE competition but nowadays ICE on a MB is always stock.

imho, listen to your current ICE and if you really want to upgrade your ICE - later! Don't rush!

• Like 1

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Visited Dimension Audio yesterday, comtemplating PP82DSP + Micro P 5 series (2-way active) + RF Slim Sub.

1. Any feedback on this setup?

2. Can't install PP82DSP under my passenger seat, Roy suggested under glove compartment. Any issues with aircon vents or aircon service?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi My2sons,

When will you be installing the helix amp and ground zero speakers. I am contemplating too. Do share with me your experience with the setup if possible. Thanks.

Hi guys, going to Roy to get mine fix soon, anyone here fix a helix match amp n ground zero speakers, any comment is appreciated, thanks in advance

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 20 August 2016 at 5:15 PM, is250c said:

Did you install?

What was installed and price?

Good sound?

Thank you for Information.

Perhaps you wanna check it out directly with Roy for better understanding and the options available for your liking. He's a nice guy and not pushy. 

C63 507 Edition/AMG hybrid kitted | 19" BC forged staggered rims | RAYS Alloy lock nuts | AMG BBK | KW Street Comfort Coilover | NAPEXX Quad exhaust | Exclusive motorsports ECU & Power Pedal | BMC Air filter | AMG Padels | Aftermarket ILS Headlamps | CF Side mirrors | CF Boot spoiler | CF Roof spoiler | Electroplated black chrome C-Coupe front grille | DLS 2-Way Active ICE : Apline PXA-H800 Processor / RUX C800 Contoller | 12" Active Ground Zero Slim Sub Woofer...

• 3 months later...
On 27/05/2015 at 11:04 PM, munchkins said:

After living with the stock audio in my CLA for the past 3 months, I decided to take the plunge to install the Audiotec Fischer Match PP82DSP at Dimension Audio today.

My original intention was to try it with stock speakers but after listening to the demo Ground Zero 65, I'm sold and went ahead with the upgrade of only the front speakers as per Roy's recommendation.

What I liked was that Roy's installer was very careful and detailed with the installation of the PP82DSP under the front passenger seat.  All cables were very well hidden and with the small footprint, no one would've known that the hardware was there.  Most importantly, everything looked stock.

When the stock speakers were removed, I was quite surprised at how light it was. The entire speaker was encased in plastic housing.  There was no brand except for a sticker with the Mercedes Benz logo and that it was manufactured in Poland.

As some time is required for tuning, I decided to leave that to tomorrow as I had to rush off for some other engagement.  Even without any tuning, the sound was pretty awesome already and I'm looking forward to hear what will be the final results.

I'll keep everyone posted :)

Bro,

may I ask what's the size of the front and rear stock speakers in our CLA?

Heard it's only 4"? Am also contemplating your purchases....

Cheers

Buck

11 hours ago, munchkins said:

Hi Buck,

Actually I'm not really a techie when it comes to all these kinda stuff. But I think it looks something like this?

http://www.ground-zero-audio.com/en/products/speaker/gzhc-65c.html

Roy should be able to an accurate answer.

Sorry about that.

Cheers, Derek.

On ‎18‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 10:19 AM, Buckrogers said:

Bro,

may I ask what's the size of the front and rear stock speakers in our CLA?

Heard it's only 4"? Am also contemplating your purchases....

Cheers

Buck

Bro, should be the standard 6.5inch/165mm.

Ground Zero has a very wide range of compo speakers ... iridium, radioactive, titanium, hydrogen, uranium till its top end reference series

From few hundreds buck up to few thousands

Which is good ?  Leave it to your ears to tell you :)