• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Helix PP 82 DSP - Alternative & Affordable ICE upgrade

I was introduced to a new add-on gadget by my ICE installer and thought I share this good lobang to fellow forumers.

Those who are on stock system and looking for great audio quality improvement and without breaking the bank can consider this new Helix compact size amp that comes with DSP functions which allows for Time Alignment. Moreover, it can goes with stock speakers as long it is non Harman Kardon system.

I was told that there is no wire cutting needed as there is readily harness for Mercedes model '08 onwards. A direct Plug-n-Play connection to HU. Just need to run power cable to the amplifier. Amp size is about half of A4 paper and can be installed at passenger footwell.

I'm not in any way affiliated to the ICE shop, just a satisfied customer. I'm already fully 2-way active converted so this is not for me. Lol...

If keen, just contact/what's app the friendly boss, Roy at 91141135 of Dimension Audio http://dimensionaudio.com.sg

Product specs

http://www.audiotec-fischer.de/store-products.php?language=en&type=N&seo_c=lng%2Fen%2Fmatch%2Fprodukte%2Fverstaerker%2F&seo=pp-82dsp

Some pics

post-443-0-86853500-1401113625_thumb.jpg

post-443-0-16246400-1401113635_thumb.jpg

post-443-0-96029000-1401113643_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

C63 507 Edition/AMG hybrid kitted | 19" BC forged staggered rims | RAYS Alloy lock nuts | AMG BBK | KW Street Comfort Coilover | NAPEXX Quad exhaust | Exclusive motorsports ECU & Power Pedal | BMC Air filter | AMG Padels | Aftermarket ILS Headlamps | CF Side mirrors | CF Boot spoiler | CF Roof spoiler | Electroplated black chrome C-Coupe front grille | DLS 2-Way Active ICE : Apline PXA-H800 Processor / RUX C800 Contoller | 12" Active Ground Zero Slim Sub Woofer...

Price?

No have exact price, sorry

C63 507 Edition/AMG hybrid kitted | 19" BC forged staggered rims | RAYS Alloy lock nuts | AMG BBK | KW Street Comfort Coilover | NAPEXX Quad exhaust | Exclusive motorsports ECU & Power Pedal | BMC Air filter | AMG Padels | Aftermarket ILS Headlamps | CF Side mirrors | CF Boot spoiler | CF Roof spoiler | Electroplated black chrome C-Coupe front grille | DLS 2-Way Active ICE : Apline PXA-H800 Processor / RUX C800 Contoller | 12" Active Ground Zero Slim Sub Woofer...

wats the damage?

Should not be a major one. Lol

............... not major one....?

I think the price can buy jbl ms-8...

probably still got change..

comsumer's choice

• 5 months later...

Hi Merceman

Was at Roy's shop dekitting my stuff from a non-merc.

Immediately he poisoned me with this Helix DSP ... hahaha

He did mentioned a GLA is on this ... wonder any bro here on this forum has this and share the experience.

Am quite sold on this, particularly with 8 channels, pre-amp out ..

I have been on the JBL MS-8 before ... nothing to shout about really, even with amp and mid-end speakers.  Not sure why this forum seems to be promoting this so much.

Cheaper yes .. but SQ cant make it for sure !

And one thing I really like about this is .... cant be poisoned by the colourful tchernov snakes in Roy's cave ... surely save a lot .... haha

Hi Merceman

Was at Roy's shop dekitting my stuff from a non-merc.

Immediately he poisoned me with this Helix DSP ... hahaha

He did mentioned a GLA is on this ... wonder any bro here on this forum has this and share the experience.

Am quite sold on this, particularly with 8 channels, pre-amp out ..

I have been on the JBL MS-8 before ... nothing to shout about really, even with amp and mid-end speakers. Not sure why this forum seems to be promoting this so much.

Cheaper yes .. but SQ cant make it for sure !

And one thing I really like about this is .... cant be poisoned by the colourful tchernov snakes in Roy's cave ... surely save a lot .... haha

hello denwee, Have you decided what to go for already or putting back your existing ICE? Do share your feedback if you are going for this.

Read about PP82DSP, finally decided to give it a try... Size of the hardware was indeed small & sleek, fitted just nice under the seat. Neat & out of sight.

Installation was fast & neat. Kudos to the detailed installer. Straight after the installation, Roy told me to sit in my ride and listen to the untuned sound to hear the difference. The first impression i had was like WoW...! The stock speakers sounds alive! And it was not even tuned yet.

Roy spent quite awhile to fine tune to the sound that he desired. Great professionalism & perfectionist. Finally.... the ride was ready... i sat in to listen... Roy's tuning brought the sound to another level!

In conclusion, great results for the small & compact Helix PP82DSP. A neat, Plug&Play, affordable, value for money ICE upgrade.

• Like 2

Read about PP82DSP, finally decided to give it a try... Size of the hardware was indeed small & sleek, fitted just nice under the seat. Neat & out of sight.

Installation was fast & neat. Kudos to the detailed installer. Straight after the installation, Roy told me to sit in my ride and listen to the untuned sound to hear the difference. The first impression i had was like WoW...! The stock speakers sounds alive! And it was not even tuned yet.

Roy spent quite awhile to fine tune to the sound that he desired. Great professionalism & perfectionist. Finally.... the ride was ready... i sat in to listen... Roy's tuning brought the sound to another level!

In conclusion, great results for the small & compact Helix PP82DSP. A neat, Plug&Play, affordable, value for money ICE upgrade.

Wow!  Sounds like a fantastic deal!

I am getting poisoned ..... hahahah!

• 6 months later...

After living with the stock audio in my CLA for the past 3 months, I decided to take the plunge to install the Audiotec Fischer Match PP82DSP at Dimension Audio today.

My original intention was to try it with stock speakers but after listening to the demo Ground Zero 65, I'm sold and went ahead with the upgrade of only the front speakers as per Roy's recommendation.

What I liked was that Roy's installer was very careful and detailed with the installation of the PP82DSP under the front passenger seat.  All cables were very well hidden and with the small footprint, no one would've known that the hardware was there.  Most importantly, everything looked stock.

When the stock speakers were removed, I was quite surprised at how light it was. The entire speaker was encased in plastic housing.  There was no brand except for a sticker with the Mercedes Benz logo and that it was manufactured in Poland.

As some time is required for tuning, I decided to leave that to tomorrow as I had to rush off for some other engagement.  Even without any tuning, the sound was pretty awesome already and I'm looking forward to hear what will be the final results.

I'll keep everyone posted :)

• Like 2

After living with the stock audio in my CLA for the past 3 months, I decided to take the plunge to install the Audiotec Fischer Match PP82DSP at Dimension Audio today.

My original intention was to try it with stock speakers but after listening to the demo Ground Zero 65, I'm sold and went ahead with the upgrade of only the front speakers as per Roy's recommendation.

What I liked was that Roy's installer was very careful and detailed with the installation of the PP82DSP under the front passenger seat. All cables were very well hidden and with the small footprint, no one would've known that the hardware was there. Most importantly, everything looked stock.

When the stock speakers were removed, I was quite surprised at how light it was. The entire speaker was encased in plastic housing. There was no brand except for a sticker with the Mercedes Benz logo and that it was manufactured in Poland.

As some time is required for tuning, I decided to leave that to tomorrow as I had to rush off for some other engagement. Even without any tuning, the sound was pretty awesome already and I'm looking forward to hear what will be the final results.

I'll keep everyone posted :)

congrats on your new upgrade, bro!

Understand that your ICE has just been completed its tuning by Roy. Mind sharing your experience ?

Anyone care to share How is this different from MS-8?

PP82DSP has built-in amp and DSP and allows full manual TA tuning. Much simpler harness connection. Another good option is that you can also choose to go 2 way active using Stock speakers by just running additional pair speaker cables to the tweeters, of course at some additional cost.

If you ask me about MS8 in comparison, I will say that they are of different league and MS8 cannot offer what PP82 can. Price wise I believe not major significant product by product.

I'm actually quite an idiot with regards to all these technical audio stuff.  Roy is pretty experience in this field and I left it totally to him to tune for me. I'm definitely much happier with the audio compared with stock.

I listen to alot of acoustic music, and since I was changing my speakers, might as well go for the 2 ways active option so that he can fine tune and enhance the sound even more from the tweeters.

The fine tuning was by using Audiotec Fischer's DSP PC-Tool through a USB connection to a laptop. I experimented with it after I got home just to find out more. Fortunately, I saved the tuning profile that Roy did on the PP82DSP cos I eventually messed up whatever he had done. All I had to do was reload back the saved profile.

I'm pretty happy with Roy's service. What I like was that he recommended only what was really necessary for my needs. Also, in order that I get the best sound out from my upgrade, he spent almost an hour with the tuning. Just when I thought there's no more, he told me to go back to him for some more fine tuning after the speakers have run in.  That goes to show how much passion he has.

The other thing I like was that the installation was very, very neat. All cables were neatly tucked away and it didn't look like I had upgraded my audio.

Since the PP82DSP was meant to be plug and play with stock audio, compatible cable harness was available and no wire cutting required. If I ever get to change car later, I can always just disconnect the cable harness and bring PP82DSP over to the new car.

Overall, I personally felt that going to Roy for the upgrade was the right decision.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Bro .. very difficult to advise cos depends what u want

You should visit Roy for a no obligation consultation and quote. He is very friendly, professional and patience.

If u are seriously interested he may even be willing to connect it to your car for demo to convince you to seal the deal.

The Helix is below 2k.

Based on what you say, seems the variable will be the RCA cables

Cable can range from tens of dollars per piece and to > 1k for his top end tchernov

But as a word of caution ... he is a real good salesman that can sell ice to Eskimos. Am sure many bros here can testify to this :)

U hv to be real firm that u are sure to keep your amp and subwoofer. He has really good amp and speakers to blow your mind/ear and also a big hole in your bank acct ... hahaha