Devie

Yellowing headlights

23 posts in this topic

Any of u guys hv this prob? Send my headlights to get restored but also cannot. Still hints of yellowness. They tried all sorts of cutting/polishing paste to buff out the yellow.

Anyone else too? Or am I the only joker cannot restore my headlights!! Lol

1 person likes this

The pics shows it

post-4888-0-78753200-1400215608_thumb.jpg

The only thing I'm short of trying is literally sanding the headlights down with 1000 grit sandpaper then polishing them

2nite if i rmb, i walk over rub some polish and see how. Dun call police ok? :P

Try diy with toothpaste, which is those old wise man tales.

I tried everything.

Tried toothpaste , brasso, autosol, autoglym , restoration kit, send to exotic werks for restore and see them do. They still can't polish the yellow ness away.

Only thing I'm short of doing as read from online is using sandpaper lor....

Then no choice buy a new headlights cover

Tigershark:

thx for dropping by n having a look. Yup my headlights are super smooth till ants can slip off. Polished so many many times already.

-anyway why never " ding dong" my door bell, come by drink kopi la next time. Dun paisey k!!

Think I'm gonna try wet sanding the next time and if that doesn't work, it's definitely yellowing from the inside.

Show me pics of tinted headlights leh bro... Curious to see.

Dr Glass. Did it and it as good nice. Use toothpaste, yellowish back in mere 2 weeks and damage uv coat

Hi Devie ... In my industry, if the yellowing is due the UV reaction with the polycarbonate lens of the headlamp (i am assuming the lens of the head light is made of polycarbonate instead of acrylic), then no amount of polishing will help. Maybe if some guru can advice the material of the lens otherwise, i do not suggest you sand it as it may also affect the structural integrity of the headlamp.

my 2 cents, hope this can help you in someway.

regards

lz

Here

I use photobucket to post photos here .. maybe you can try it ..

Bro try calling benzline auto for new set of headlights. i called in to check for ex stock they selling at $1100 per side exclude installation that is.

i bought one side only as my car was badly damaged in an accident. hence workshop change one side as they claim that right hand side was damage while left hand side is working fine.. 

No pics yet as car still in workshop ... sigh

Cls350 

2008 model..

Thanks for reply bro. Been bz these few weeks nv check bk on mercsg. I gave up and just wrap blue tint over headlamps and they look pretty decent now. Hehe cheap and gd.

I cheapo lah, dun wanna spend money to buy new headlamps:)

post-4888-0-99030200-1418699486_thumb.jpg

1 person likes this

Tint at Exoticwerks , I think is call northstar ,near hougang/Ang mo kio ,$70 and 30minutes job.

Tint at Exoticwerks , I think is call northstar ,near hougang/Ang mo kio ,$70 and 30minutes job.

Exoticwerks closed down alrdy. I did mine with DrGlass, pretty great job done with UV coating. It's been 6mths plus and my lens still clear