• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Petrol Consumption -c180K Kompressor,1.6 (2009)

skippydoodoo

Hi, I also got my C180 Pre FL 2nd hand in Dec 13. 87k mileage. Was getting shit FC like 6-8 L / 100 KM. After going to my friend's shop to try his carbon clearing on engine, it got back to normal 10L/100KM and above till now with mix of highway and city drive. You can go check it out their facebook at Klear Karbon or website at www.klearkarbon.com

Ya, I'm confused too. Initially you only use 6-8L to travel 100km, now you need to burn 10L to travel the equivilant distance? Isn't that an increase?

Ok easy.... Just post what u see on your dashboard.....

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

MB is X.X L/100km meaning The amount of fuel needed to use to run 100km. The lower the number the better

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

• 2 weeks later...

I getting 5.4/100km lowest for highway.

8.0/100km on average

2011 pre FL W204 on 18" AMG IV rims, staggered, F 240kpa + R 255kpa, on RON 95 SPC

cannot say i lightfoot and morning / evening jam along highway 

result = good week 520km before red light, bad week 475km before red light

daily commute both ways home --> work --> kids --> home = 65km

so on average 8 days pump once

• 2 weeks later...

2009 Pre FL W204 C200K on 18" AMG, on Esso 5000.

I try to regulate my heavy foot but i hardly drive expressway.

Usually 450km before light comes on, about 12L/100KM

Very frustrating, FC goes up the slower i drive! So  F it, just whack. end up 13L/100KM, but reach home faster everyday LOL.

Seems very out of the ordinary, do i require some kind of tuning?

2009 Pre FL W204 C200K on 18" AMG, on Esso 5000.

I try to regulate my heavy foot but i hardly drive expressway.

Usually 450km before light comes on, about 12L/100KM

Very frustrating, FC goes up the slower i drive! So  F it, just whack. end up 13L/100KM, but reach home faster everyday LOL.

Seems very out of the ordinary, do i require some kind of tuning?

Why dont you try Esso 8000 and see if there is a difference in the consumption ?

The cost may end up to be similar as 8000 cost more.

Just wondering whether there will be a different in consumption for 5000 and 8000.

• 2 weeks later...

This is on my 1.6l 7G with the AMG Styling package..17" AMG staggered wheels, Piecha Quads..etc..

Never seen < 5.5 after installing piggyback and changing from fuel save 95 to 98..lol

Mileage usually 690-740km before reserve fuel light comes on :)

Imagine if North South..sure hit 1k km..

20131125 075834

• 4 years later...

On SPC Ron92. Averaging 7.2l/100km on dashboard readings. On 18” 225/40R18 Hankook S1 Evo2 treadwear 260. 

One Full tank to light up appear just a little over 800km. Last top up after fuel tank light up at 59.945 litres.

Using Schnell 5w40 engine oil from Giant Supermarket. $24.90/4 litres without promotion. $19.90/4 litres with promotion.

Alternative using Carlube 5w40 engine oil from NTUC Supermarket. $19.90/5 litres with promotion.

Engine oil filter buy from Taobao S$6.87 inclusive shipping. Brand: Mahle. Code: OX 1080 D. Oil filter comes with 3 standard gaskets.

2011 July, FL w204 c180k 1.6 kompressor stock engine.