• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Petrol Consumption -c180K Kompressor,1.6 (2009)

skippydoodoo

Hi people,

would appreciate your feedback

as I just got a 2nd hand c180K(2009), mileage 92k.

Bought at Republic Auto, they mention they just did a basic servicing.

As I am curious about the petrol consumption. I have pump Esso 8000, 59L, travel only 493KM = 8.3L/km

Is this normal? I have just added "Redline oil" direct to the petrol. Is there others "oil" or etc I can help to save on the petrol?

Would appreciate for experience in c180k would comment on their average consumption.

Thank you

Welcome to SGMerc and congrats on you new ride!

I have pump Esso 8000, 59L, travel only 493KM = 8.3L/km

I think you mean 8.3km/L. A lot of factors affect FC, being heavy footed, etc.

Hi people,

As I am curious about the petrol consumption. I have pump Esso 8000, 59L, travel only 493KM = 8.3L/km

Is this normal? I have just added "Redline oil" direct to the petrol. Is there others "oil" or etc I can help to save on the petrol?

Would appreciate for experience in c180k would comment on their average consumption.

Thank you

i have a same model same year c180k as your, all on stock, i get around 640km to 700km for a full tank. around 10.3km to 11km per litre,

Thank you for the warm welcome.

Mine is all stock, on 17".

Thinking of ways to save on petrol to at least 10km/L.

It depends as well how much of expressway you travel. I find benz consumption very good on highway, but quite jialat for stop-start driving. So not much point comparing consumption with others without knowing their driving style vs yours, and their urban/highway ratio vs yours.

I drive an e200 and my 2 full tanks so far gave 8km/l and 9.4km/l respectively… quite a lot of diff because for the 2nd tank, I drove a lot more expressway.

i have a same model same year c180k as your, all on stock, i get around 640km to 700km for a full tank. around 10.3km to 11km per litre,

there was once i did this:

1. rev up to 2.5k rpm on acceleration, gently, subsequently less than 2k

2. keep the speed up to 80kmh, mostly 7xkmh.

3. nearly whole journey on highway

4. minimize braking

the result: 16.x km per litre

of course.. cannot tahan driving like that.. perhaps in another 20 years  :lol:

there was once i did this:

1. rev up to 2.5k rpm on acceleration, gently, subsequently less than 2k

2. keep the speed up to 80kmh, mostly 7xkmh.

3. nearly whole journey on highway

4. minimize braking

the result: 16.x km per litre

of course.. cannot tahan driving like that.. perhaps in another 20 years  :lol:

If you turn the aircon off as well, you may hit 20km/l :thumbsu:

• Like 1

Yes, I was thinking of doing this. I have just change the spark plug, as the current condition wear-off.

I also add some "thing" for the engine. hopefully all this helps.

Side track a bit, for the wiper tank, mine have leakage, is it under the warranty?

Very sian liao. haix

Wow! You guys are really light footed! If I hit below 12L/100Km considered very good already. By 500km my fuel light will light up already.

I always like to challenge how low it can go!

2012 Nov FL W204 7G Tronics

I have hit 4.8L/100km before

This pic taken at 4.9L/100km 20.4km/L - only with 17" stock tires i.e 2252/45/17 all round!

With 17" AMG IV back with 245/40/17 never go below 5L/100km :(

post-84-0-18097500-1399024365_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

Ya.. keep stock is the best.

Mine is on 18 incher, mkb piggy and the gas pedal thingy with permanent red setting ;-)

Tell me about it! I'm on 19" staggered, with MKB and a throttle response device too! K&N air filter and a quad exhaust system. I removed my spare tyre from the car. It doesn't help much with the fuel saving but helps with the 0-100 timing. The car is just too fantastic to be driven slowly!

Seriously.... If you guys wanna save petrol.... Buy Chery QQ.... whack all u want.... still 12-15km/ltr.... minimum... You've already paid so much for it..... just enjoy lah.... it's not like your petrol bill is $500-$600 every month... you wanna save 10% and not enjoy the drive??? My 2 lorries are going at 7km/ltr and imagine  they are driven at least 130km per day... So U can imagine the bills...

• Like 2

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Side track a bit, for the wiper tank, mine have leakage, is it under the warranty?

Very sian liao. haix

Didn't you just bought from Republic? Should go back to them and get them to fix it. Covered under Lemon Law, i think, as this is not a wear-n-tear part.

Tell me about it! I'm on 19" staggered, with MKB and a throttle response device too! K&N air filter and a quad exhaust system. I removed my spare tyre from the car. It doesn't help much with the fuel saving but helps with the 0-100 timing. The car is just too fantastic to be driven slowly!

Ya.. After a couple times challenging my fc my right leg got heavy again lol!

Ya.. After a couple times challenging my fc my right leg got heavy again lol!

Right lah!

Real world just hantam & enjoy!

Want more power, more torque or want better handling - No free lunch!

Want good FC buy electric car!

Not practical - buy K Car! :)

With the ICA "Your Security Is Our Utmost Concern"!

Everyday going to work has to spend on the average >1 hr on the 2km causeway.

What FC??? Grrrrr!!!! :stuff:

Consolation every other day can pump boleh land petrol!!!

Just relax and dun let the FC gets to you! :):beerhat:

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi people,

Is this normal? I have just added "Redline oil" direct to the petrol. Is there others "oil" or etc I can help to save on the petrol?

Thank you

Hi, I also got my C180 Pre FL 2nd hand in Dec 13. 87k mileage. Was getting shit FC like 6-8 KM per litre (12-16L/100KM). After going to my friend's shop to try his carbon clearing on engine, it got back to normal 10KM per litre (8-10L/100km)  and above till now with mix of highway and city drive. You can go check it out their facebook at Klear Karbon or website at www.klearkarbon.com

• Like 1

Bro ur FC very jia lak..... 6-10L per km? wow.....that means 1 tank can only last u for <20km?

Hi, I also got my C180 Pre FL 2nd hand in Dec 13. 87k mileage.  Was getting shit FC like 6-8 L / KM.  After going to my friend's shop to try his carbon clearing on engine,  it got back to normal 10L/KM and above till now with mix of highway and city drive.  You can go check it out their facebook at Klear Karbon or website at www.klearkarbon.com

• Like 1

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.