• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

E200 W211 - noise from control.arm &, joints

Alex Lee

Anyone has done repair to above - noise when doing slow turning ? Can recommend good workshop at reasonable cost for such repair. Deeply apprevisted. Thanks

What kind of 'noise' ? Squezzing sound ? 

What mileage ?

Problem rectified...replaced a pair ( left & right hand side ) upper arm ball joints. Sound totally eliminated. Get a good workshop to identify only the damaged sound emitting ball joints .....some worshop for profit reason try to get you to change the whole set of suspension arms and ball joints...costing a few thousands dollars Just be aware and careful if u have similiar problem like mine when its around 7 years old. Thanks bros for the earlier inputs.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Some workshops recommend to change the entire set as from experience, the other parts will more or less wear out about the same time.  Changing everything at one go refreshes the entire setup and the front suspension arms and joints will last beyond the 10 years COE.  The choice is up to the customer.

MBM Wheelpower/KBS Motorsports is experienced in Merc.

I did it at Autospritze @ $360 - changing a pair of ball joints which is the culprit. 2 hours job including waiting for genuine parts due to rain. Actually only right ball jpint worn out but need to change a pair - left and right.

My drive is without sound since then ..

• Like 1

There is a suggestion to change all related parts which will cost close to $3k which I deem unnecessary as I observed that most of all other parts are ok for my car when I inspect the undercarriage at close when it is jacked up. Hope this is useful feedback.

Thanks, Alex. I used to send my car to Auto Spritze too but found that their services are a little over priced. So was looking for a cheap alternative but cannot find a good 1 yet. Hope all the experienced drivers can enlighten me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Had the same problem. Ball joint gone. Decide to get the full set upper arms as likely bushing also reaching limit.

Bought 2x upper arms (OEM, car left 2 more years) from stockist and change by my workshop. Total Damage $250.

wow... intro ?? same things too =)