• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Max tyre width

DamianD

You want ride comfort and good FC... stick to stock.... or at most 18".... only benefit for 19" is .... SWEE only... other than that... nothing else....

Hi,

Does anyone know what's the maximum tyre width for the cla 200 on an 18 and 19 inch rims that wont affect the ride and fuel consumption?

Thanks!

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Agree, handling and grip does increase along with the increase in tyre size. Gotta weight and balance to see what suits you.

With 19" rims, the ride will be harder and you can feel every road bump. Suggest you go for it though if not you will keep thinking about it. I am on 19" and never regretted switching.

Yup. Certain roads can be quite noisy. I'm on 19 too, just need to tahan the noise.

Love MCE surface, my merc feels like a merc whenever I drive there...

You're dethpicable. 

Yup. Certain roads can be quite noisy. I'm on 19 too, just need to tahan the noise.

Love MCE surface, my merc feels like a merc whenever I drive there...

MCE puts KPE to shame. Feels like i'm sliding on the surface even when i'm driving my wife's SSS. Can't wait to try it with a merc!

Not everything is bigger the better. Below is a link to some good wheel advice. Everything has a optimum point.

http://www.tuneruniversity.com/blog/2011/04/wheel-tech-part-iv-tires-the-most-important-performance-part/

Thanks the link. The articles are a bit long winded but very educational. Help me made up my mind about changing wheels.....now where is my piggy bank.......

• 9 months later...

With 19" rims, the ride will be harder and you can feel every road bump. Suggest you go for it though if not you will keep thinking about it. I am on 19" and never regretted switching.

May I know what's your tyre width on your 19" rims?  225 or 235?  Thanks.