yipcp

'Power Steering, ABS, EPS Malfunction' Error message

20 posts in this topic

Have anyone encountered similar error message?

I came across this message 3 days ago when I was driving off in morning. I can feel that my steering wheel became very heavy and needed a lot of strength just to steer the car as I was driving inside the MSCP when this happened. So I stopped my car, turn off and on again and the error message did not appear again and the power steering is back to normal.

After a few more drives, the message didn't appear again but I was afraid that something is not right so I checked with C&C service advisor. He told me that there might be a few possibilities for this error message to appear which are related.

Steering angle sensor

Wheel speed sensor

Hydraulic brake unit control module

He mentioned that the most likely cause is the wheel speed sensor.

He recommend me to send my car in for diagnosis which I'm planning to do it tomorrow.

Anyway, just like to see if anyone has encountered similar error message before and what's the cause?

So what was the diagnosis? Mine is speed sensor. Did you change and price?

So what was the diagnosis? Mine is speed sensor. Did you change and price?

Went to Chip Soon and it turns out to be the ESP module. Got to change it as the error keeps coming back daily. Damage is 3K.

I have the same problem too. Most probably its the esp module too. :(

Same issue on my w204 7g...came on 2 days ago..going to CnC tmrw :)

Everything is harder, steering, braking etc..

Either battery or wheel speed sensor faulty..

IMG 0148

Quick Update..

Brougth it to Pandan Loop service centre..found that the front wheel speed sensor was faulty.

Was told unsafe to drive as very soon the car will only function in gears 1 and 2..

wow cny eve now.. can they settle before cny for you?

Cannot have to leave it there, they will start work on Monday..no choice I left it there :)

1 person likes this

Hi All

My E230 power steering leak, got it repair, but in term the ESP light pop up

readjusting, resetting does not help

Mechanic says this very common and ask if want to replace the steering angle sensor ashe replace numberous units

surprisingly, after replacing it,everything back to normal, wah wonder and ex lor $480 just for that piece of plastic :(

Hi Yipcp,

I got the same problem recently that "Power Steering, ABS, EBD, EPS, Run flat indicator, malfunction at same time".  My power steering is very heavy now.  May I know had you resolved this problem after you changed the ESP module?

Thanks & best regards

Ben

Since all at it, I gt similar yet diff issues. Upon whacking the car full throttle and when kick down switch is activated, I gt 2 errors. "run flat indicator inoperative" and "esp inoperative see owners manual" Thi happens only when kick down switch is activated... What might cause the issues..

@fiqueudrue - for my W211, it was the piece of plastic behind the brake pedal that caused all these errors ($20 fix IIRC). I am sure after you kick down, you will brake hard. Maybe that is why the error popped up.

Hi bbwanabe.. This also happen when I am at position 2 before crank.. I try to floor and activate kick down it will appear esp inoperation without even turn on the engine..

@fiqueudrue - oh well. time to visit a good workshop!

Hi all, 

Just to check, if I only had the ESP unavailable light on at times and the car slow to max 50km/hr. I will have to stop the car and restart the car then everything will be back to normal. Is it similar to this thread and how do you guys manage to let the workshop read the error if it disappeared after you restart the car? Im current driving a W204 pre facelift.

On 3/10/2017 at 10:28 AM, Geengar said:

Hi all, 

Just to check, if I only had the ESP unavailable light on at times and the car slow to max 50km/hr. I will have to stop the car and restart the car then everything will be back to normal. Is it similar to this thread and how do you guys manage to let the workshop read the error if it disappeared after you restart the car? Im current driving a W204 pre facelift.

The message should be logged in the ECU.. so even if it's gone, they historical record can still be read with the right diagnostic software

1 person likes this

Problem "Power Steering, ABS, EBD, EPS, Run flat indicator, malfunction at same time". Went Sin Ming to get it fixed. Damage about $2400 inc of labour chg.

1 person likes this

Hiaz... Now I have same error. Steering so hard. So many different solutions. Not sure what to change. So expensive too.. 

19 hours ago, rustydass said:

Hiaz... Now I have same error. Steering so hard. So many different solutions. Not sure what to change. So expensive too.. 

Hello, i 1st posted this problem with my car in 2015. I've still not changed it.  Here is what i did.  i heard ppl saying about wheel senor and stuff, so i went to a car wash, got the guys to 'jet' the rear wheels(inside) from behind, the next day, its working again. had this issue again recently, and i did the same thing, and it worked again. Touch wood it wont happen again.

whether its really the washing of the sensor or whatever that solves the problem, i cannot say. Maybe its pure luck..

But u can try. If it dosent work, your car still gets clean. :)

1 person likes this