• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

'Power Steering, ABS, EPS Malfunction' Error message

yipcp

Have anyone encountered similar error message?

I came across this message 3 days ago when I was driving off in morning. I can feel that my steering wheel became very heavy and needed a lot of strength just to steer the car as I was driving inside the MSCP when this happened. So I stopped my car, turn off and on again and the error message did not appear again and the power steering is back to normal.

After a few more drives, the message didn't appear again but I was afraid that something is not right so I checked with C&C service advisor. He told me that there might be a few possibilities for this error message to appear which are related.

Steering angle sensor

Wheel speed sensor

Hydraulic brake unit control module

He mentioned that the most likely cause is the wheel speed sensor.

He recommend me to send my car in for diagnosis which I'm planning to do it tomorrow.

Anyway, just like to see if anyone has encountered similar error message before and what's the cause?

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi All

My E230 power steering leak, got it repair, but in term the ESP light pop up

readjusting, resetting does not help

Mechanic says this very common and ask if want to replace the steering angle sensor ashe replace numberous units

surprisingly, after replacing it,everything back to normal, wah wonder and ex lor $480 just for that piece of plastic :(

• 1 month later...

Hi Yipcp,

I got the same problem recently that "Power Steering, ABS, EBD, EPS, Run flat indicator, malfunction at same time".  My power steering is very heavy now.  May I know had you resolved this problem after you changed the ESP module?

Thanks & best regards

Ben

Since all at it, I gt similar yet diff issues. Upon whacking the car full throttle and when kick down switch is activated, I gt 2 errors. "run flat indicator inoperative" and "esp inoperative see owners manual" Thi happens only when kick down switch is activated... What might cause the issues..

• 1 year later...

Hi all, 

Just to check, if I only had the ESP unavailable light on at times and the car slow to max 50km/hr. I will have to stop the car and restart the car then everything will be back to normal. Is it similar to this thread and how do you guys manage to let the workshop read the error if it disappeared after you restart the car? Im current driving a W204 pre facelift.

On 3/10/2017 at 10:28 AM, Geengar said:

Hi all, 

Just to check, if I only had the ESP unavailable light on at times and the car slow to max 50km/hr. I will have to stop the car and restart the car then everything will be back to normal. Is it similar to this thread and how do you guys manage to let the workshop read the error if it disappeared after you restart the car? Im current driving a W204 pre facelift.

The message should be logged in the ECU.. so even if it's gone, they historical record can still be read with the right diagnostic software

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
19 hours ago, rustydass said:

Hiaz... Now I have same error. Steering so hard. So many different solutions. Not sure what to change. So expensive too.. 

Hello, i 1st posted this problem with my car in 2015. I've still not changed it.  Here is what i did.  i heard ppl saying about wheel senor and stuff, so i went to a car wash, got the guys to 'jet' the rear wheels(inside) from behind, the next day, its working again. had this issue again recently, and i did the same thing, and it worked again. Touch wood it wont happen again.

whether its really the washing of the sensor or whatever that solves the problem, i cannot say. Maybe its pure luck..

But u can try. If it dosent work, your car still gets clean. :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Mine came on today. Lucky Chip Soon Jason told me its safe to drive. Went to their workshop in Tampines and got it replaced. ESP unit is replaced. Costs S$1750 (I think mine is cheaper because its a C180 CGI - W204). Labout charge S$360. Collected it in 5 hours. Great job Chip Soon! 

• 1 month later...
On 21/04/2015 at 7:53 PM, fiqueudrue said:

Hi bbwanabe.. This also happen when I am at position 2 before crank.. I try to floor and activate kick down it will appear esp inoperation without even turn on the engine..

hi hi, i new here, care to share what is the cause for the same issue i had identical w urs. 

watsapp 8133 16 1 9

apprectice lots 

thks

On 10/03/2017 at 10:28 AM, Geengar said:

Hi all, 

hi, whats the cause and damage, 

mine is the same as urs.

• 2 months later...
On 3/12/2015 at 0:03 PM, AHYEO said:

Hi All

My E230 power steering leak, got it repair, but in term the ESP light pop up

readjusting, resetting does not help

Mechanic says this very common and ask if want to replace the steering angle sensor ashe replace numberous units

surprisingly, after replacing it,everything back to normal, wah wonder and ex lor $480 just for that piece of plastic :(

Which workshop did u go may I ask?