• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

So who's the culprit?

achtungku

Black Benz driver SJK8295L scratches another black car

https://www.facebook...486418824803454

Video first seen on The Real Singapore

TRS reader Cindy Chua:

Please help me post this story and help to spread the word so that this vandal that scratch random people cars for fun may be caught. I am also sad that the Singapore Police is ignoring my request to arrest this person. 

On the evening of 7th February, between 9.37pm to 9.57pm, i was parked along Kramat Road near Cuppage Plaza. What a shock when i returned from an errand. Twenty minutes was all it took for this deep 50-inch long scratch to materialize along my front and back door panels. (see picture at the end of the video)

My car cam caught the perpetrator face-on in the act of the crime. From the video, it seems he might be associated with the car parked in front, whose license plate is also identified. In the Video, you are able to see the vandal fumbling his pockets and after which he makes one round around my car, and you will be able to hear a loud screeching sound (TURN UP THE VOLUME) he return back to his car and you will be able to see him putting something back into his car boot. You'd think the video is evidence enough to launch the police into action... but inexplicably, no. Upon making the police report, i was told that i need to lodge a complain separately to the Sub-ordinate court for the Judge to give an order for investigations to be carried out(!) I was the target of a gratuitous act of malice, and the police are not empowered to investigate? Meanwhile, this person might well be cruising around town doing more damage to other private and public properties -while i wait in line to see if the court rubber stamps my humble request....

My ex mistresses....

9394559638_9f28a394db.jpg

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's why I gave up owning dark color cars long time ago. There just too many freaks around that scratches car for no reason. White color cars somehow attract less attention and kena scratch not so obvious. I never had my car scratch since I started owning white color cars.

heng sway nia bro i believe....

If can get bideo of the crime... you think this joker still walking on the road... 9/10 he would have fled to PERTH too..... but the sound of something scratching the car is very clear... thus still can be used as evidence against him if necessary.... plus the way he behaved before and after the incident... clearly show he's up to no good... noticed how he waited till the coast is clear before he acted???

I watched the video twice. Can someone point to me at which junction it captures the culprit scratching the car?

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

It's private matter, so the Police won't interfere....of course it's a different story if this is Mr Lee's private car.

My A-class was scratched all round in 2004 and was captured by the carpark video. Sama sama....police said they bo chup unless I lodge a complaint at the Magistrate court. The catch is the judge will want to hear your story and if he/she likes your story, the court will ask the police to investigate.

I did that and the suspect was called up for kopi with the police. He showed up on judgement day at the court with worried family members and a lawyer while I turned up alone. Unfortunately the video was not clear enough to pinpoint the suspect and the case was dropped by me.

Although my suspect was not charged but at least I had given him some sleepless nights during the investigation.

The whole process is free, so don't waste your tax money.