• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Headlights for W204 - anyone heard of this brand before?

nocappucino

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically, there are two types of aftermarket bi-xenon headlights available. The one you posted has the thicker 'C' pole light. The other aftermarket headlight (the so called LHD light) has the authentic looking ILS 'C' pole light.

Comparison:

Aftermarket headlight with thicker 'C' pole light:

post-105-0-86554500-1389023203_thumb.jpg

Aftermarket headlight with exact ILS looking 'C' pole light:

post-105-0-11701800-1389023214_thumb.jpg

Original ILS:

post-105-0-65918700-1389023423_thumb.jpg

Sonic Racing has the replica ILS looking headlights. But as you've read, only the LHD version is available now.

http://www.sgmerc.com/topic/6777-w204-face-lift-pre-facelift-bonnet-ils-headlamp-bumper/

FYI, all three of the above listed headlights are available for retrofit (YES even the original ILS).

Do take note that original headlight comes with the wording mercedes.

As far as I know, the light sensor that's suppose to be fitted behind the rear view mirror cannot be retrofitted. Therefore the auto high beam function will not operate. Coding wise, I guess the installers have gotten it sorted out. Don't hear any bros here complaining about coding.

Be prepared to dig deep into your pockets for this retrofit! But I guess it's all worth it when you turn on your car and the headlights come to live and swivel left and right!

As far as I know, the light sensor that's suppose to be fitted behind the rear view mirror cannot be retrofitted. Therefore the auto high beam function will not operate. Coding wise, I guess the installers have gotten it sorted out. Don't hear any bros here complaining about coding.

Be prepared to dig deep into your pockets for this retrofit! But I guess it's all worth it when you turn on your car and the headlights come to live and swivel left and right!

auto highbeam not a big issue la... the auto highbeam is only useful at ns-highway at night nia..

sg drive... the auto highbeam never got activates.

Hi asiadj,

Spoke to Benzline on few occasions some time back.

What I was told that the manual high beam lighting doesn't work after retrofit.

Is that correct?

Yes, the high beam will be disabled, but there won't be any error code.

auto highbeam not a big issue la... the auto highbeam is only useful at ns-highway at night nia..

sg drive... the auto highbeam never got activates.

I personally agree ... I have never used the high beam before since getting my car 2 yrs ago. Actually I don't even know how to turn on the high beam, still remember I got to ask the technician how to turn it on, so embarrassing.

Actually, I find that the original ILS light throw is quite good, I can see signboard lighted up brightly from far. So, don't think there is a need for the high beam.

Love every moment of it when the headlight swivel, never regretted.

http://www.sgmerc.com/topic/13838-amg-sport-style-fl-w204/page-3#entry196854

• 5 years later...