• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

exhaust sound

AY8686

Does anyone know how to get bassier tone for eclass 2013 facelift model?

I don't think there's anyway to mod the original exhaust that'll make it sound bassier and at the same time be friendly with LTA. That being said, there are a minority few who'll still risk it and operate the rear muffler. Your other option will be to install LTA approved aftermarket exhaust systems.

I don't think there's anyway to mod the original exhaust that'll make it sound bassier and at the same time be friendly with LTA. That being said, there are a minority few who'll still risk it and operate the rear muffler. Your other option will be to install LTA approved aftermarket exhaust systems.

Operating mufflers have any sides effect? totally no idea what isit about though people are talking bout it.

Put on quads lo, many approved brands ard. Quads from mid pipe down cfm loud n bassy

Operate means cut open ur stock muffler and remove the stuffing inside. But if kena caught by Lta fine $500 n have to find original muffler to go for inspection.

Ivan, don't mind explaining more on 'quads from midpipe down' ? :)

post-105-0-59968100-1388057552_thumb.jpg

Attached image is a typical exhaust system layout of a vehicle with single exhaust tip.

What Ivan means is installing a quad exhaust system, aka having four exhaust tips. For the aftermarket quad exhaust system to be installed, the original exhaust system will have to be removed from the Catalytic Converter to the exhaust tip. It will be replaced with your new quad exhaust system. The Catalytic Converter may or may not be changed depending on which brand of after market system you decide to purchase.

After installing, your exhaust system should look roughly like this, but of course it'll sound bassier and louder compared to the stock system. Photo is of a pre-facelift W212 E-Class but it should be the same as the facelifted 2013 model. Do note the four exhaust tips, aka quad exhaust.

post-105-0-99469900-1388058336_thumb.jpg

If you're really interested, do check with our sponsors. They'll be able to further assist you on the compatibility, sound, and pricing of each option available in the market.

First Automobile aka AutoTechnik

http://www.sgmerc.com/forum/35-first-automobile-premium/

MBM Wheelpower

http://www.sgmerc.com/forum/33-mbm-wheelpower-pte-ltd/

attachicon.gifexhaust-system-schematic-500x.jpg

Attached image is a typical exhaust system layout of a vehicle with single exhaust tip.

What Ivan means is installing a quad exhaust system, aka having four exhaust tips. For the aftermarket quad exhaust system to be installed, the original exhaust system will have to be removed from the Catalytic Converter to the exhaust tip. It will be replaced with your new quad exhaust system. The Catalytic Converter may or may not be changed depending on which brand of after market system you decide to purchase.

After installing, your exhaust system should look roughly like this, but of course it'll sound bassier and louder compared to the stock system. Photo is of a pre-facelift W212 E-Class but it should be the same as the facelifted 2013 model. Do note the four exhaust tips, aka quad exhaust.

attachicon.gifxl002.jpg

If you're really interested, do check with our sponsors. They'll be able to further assist you on the compatibility, sound, and pricing of each option available in the market.

First Automobile aka AutoTechnik

http://www.sgmerc.com/forum/35-first-automobile-premium/

MBM Wheelpower

http://www.sgmerc.com/forum/33-mbm-wheelpower-pte-ltd/

Thanks Mark.. Better understanding already.. You guys got any recommended systems for deep bassy tones? been searching the forum but nothing caught my eye..

Thanks Mark.. Better understanding already.. You guys got any recommended systems for deep bassy tones? been searching the forum but nothing caught my eye..

You should also manage your expectations that approved exhaust systems generally aren't very loud and bassy. But definitely an improvement from stock.

Can't really help you on that. I'm personally on NAP Exhaust, sound is good enough for me.

Some people want even louder and bassier sounds but as Odessus said, don't expect too much if you're going for LTA friendly exhaust. Some other popular brands are Brabus, Carlsson, Eisenmann, and Piecha. You'd really got to ask the workshops for the brands available for your ride and search on YouTube on how it looks and sounds like.

Missed out something, there is a down side to modifying the exhaust system. You will lose backend pressure equating to the car feeling slightly less powerful during low RPM. This issue can be solved by tuning the ECU.

Just installed the Supersprint Catback Exhaust System.

To ensure LTA compliance, I retained my quad squared-off tailpipes without connecting to the mufflers.

Sounds pretty good!

post-502-0-53909700-1388197490_thumb.jpg

2001-2007 = Toyota Harrier

2007-2011 = Civic Hybrid

2011-2012 = Evoque (crap!)

2012- = W204

Any sound clips? And what model are you on using SS exos?

FYI, Roidman's car is a W204 C Class. The exhaust may or may not be suitable for your car. Kompressor or CGI engine plays a part too.

FYI, Roidman's car is a W204 C Class. The exhaust may or may not be suitable for your car. Kompressor or CGI engine plays a part too.

Spot on!

2001-2007 = Toyota Harrier

2007-2011 = Civic Hybrid

2011-2012 = Evoque (crap!)

2012- = W204

Just installed the Supersprint Catback Exhaust System.

To ensure LTA compliance, I retained my quad squared-off tailpipes without connecting to the mufflers.

Sounds pretty good!

I tot LTA is more concerned from header to muffer, not tail pipes? Also concern about the Y joints.

Sir, what do you mean by decat?

Google is your best friend!

http://moneyexpertsteam.blogspot.sg/2011/09/what-does-decat-mean-on-car.html

It's basically the same thing as "operating the mufflers" mentioned earlier.

FYI, it's not approved by LTA.

Be patient, the car is still fairly new in the market. It's quite a popular car, I'm sure aftermarket exhaust systems will be available soon. No point risking LTA, TP, warranty by going down this path.

• 1 month later...