• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Engine fluctuation during idle

Merster

yup bro just got mine changed....some valves were gone.....i thinkits the intercooler.... engine mount also changed......when all this happen i had sudden lost of power but..after changing its flying again......mine is reaching 100k also.

Bro, spot on man... Mine reached 130k and the major issues are up. I just changed engine mounting, tension cables (causes the major vibration when engaged gear D), aircon cooling unit, gear box and so on....

you changed gearbox????

Yup. Had to change as the gear was stuck and jammed at 3rd. I saw in the earlier post someone with a newer version of W246 also faced the same issue, so this is not good for B-Class owners. I am bracing for my new W246 for such impact as I have experienced it with my W245.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes... had same problem when my B hit 110K km...  replaced an intake vacuum valve (a small plastic hose-connector the size of an USB thumbdrive) and the problem went away. There are several vacuum valves in the system, so the trick is for ur mech to identify which one is leaking.

It was a Bosch part, + labour cost around $100 to replace.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Yes... had same problem when my B hit 110K km...  replaced an intake vacuum valve (a small plastic hose-connector the size of an USB thumbdrive) and the problem went away. There are several vacuum valves in the system, so the trick is for ur mech to identify which one is leaking.

It was a Bosch part, + labour cost around $100 to replace.

Dear arf, I have got the same engine fluction problem. Can I know which workshop you go and where is this valve located? Thanks for your help.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 30/09/2014 at 0:07 PM, Watisthis1 said:

Dear arf, I have got the same engine fluction problem. Can I know which workshop you go and where is this valve located? Thanks for your help.

Hi

have you solve the problem ? 

Share please as I still have this problem