• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Blackvue DR550 and T Power C

nala

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha. Drain car battery u will be +#^$^@^

But anyway why not try the powermagic pro?

It detect car voltage. For 24hr recording

If ur battery drop below setting it will cut off camera power.

Tested on my car on 2yr battery old. It still can record 5days. Without engine start

• 3 weeks later...

what i did was to buy a dual socket car charger and plug in the t power c and blackvue charger together. so whenever i park i just switch the power plug from blackvue charger to t power c.

but even after doing that, t power c still cant last a night, so like you, i also gave up.

maybe you can try getting a wall charger and charge it at home and swap the battery every night.

what i did was to buy a dual socket car charger and plug in the t power c and blackvue charger together. so whenever i park i just switch the power plug from blackvue charger to t power c.

but even after doing that, t power c still cant last a night, so like you, i also gave up.

maybe you can try getting a wall charger and charge it at home and swap the battery every night.

Haha. Thanks. I've switched back to PowerMagic...

I'm on powermagic too. Wow Gadget told me that whenever the car was parked overnight, the cam will shut down when I unlock using remote. I observe this randomly to confirm... both my front and rear cams do shut down when I press the unlock button on my key. To have the cams activated again, the only way is to turn on the ignition.

BTW, bro how did you manage to record 5 days w/o running the engine? Mine won't last more than 15hrs when I had 1 cam installed and since I put in the 2nd unit, I don't get beyond 12hrs of recording...

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on the voltage setting and stuff. But the variance is a lot on different cars. Anyway now I'm thinking the night recording for 550 sucks. Can't capture license plate number. Wonder if itronics has better images at night. Btw On my 550 image quality is not set to highest. If I set to highest, the recording kept is too short to be useful.

• 2 months later...

I just installed 550 last week and have the same problem. T power will be flat by morning and the cam will not wake up from parking mode and record. Need to manually unplug power cable from cam and let it restart. Going back to the workshop again on Mon to see any solutions.

• 3 weeks later...