• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Wind screen crack

telracs

Hi Guys,

I went down to CnC pandan loop....and waiting time is soooo long just to change the windscreen like a full day. which I honestly wasn't prepared to wait tt long...

So the technician came down to see the crack and he advised to change soon like today. kinda ironic but the next available slot they can give me is Monday morning. And then I can only pick up the car on tues morning. So technically I don't have the car to use for a full day..... which is super inconvenient.

Is this the norm? or I have other ways ard this arrangement?

Call your insurance authorised workshop for the replacement. As Bran mentioned require abt half a day job. Also ask whether the film for windscreen is FOC. Some members manage to get free FOC film for the windscreen from C&C. Please check and compare before decide which workshop for the replacement. Btw are u driving at high speed?

I would suggest getting C&C to do the change out even though it might take longer to do. I changed out my previous ride's windscreen from authorised workshop and they screwed it up for me. Whenever it rains, drops of water will start seeping thru and eventually started corroding the electrical components and ECU. Ended up costing me several thousand to repair the damage.

I would suggest getting C&C to do the change out even though it might take longer to do. I changed out my previous ride's windscreen from authorised workshop and they screwed it up for me. Whenever it rains, drops of water will start seeping thru and eventually started corroding the electrical components and ECU. Ended up costing me several thousand to repair the damage.

Wow who is the workshop and insurance agent?

Same thing happened to me almost 2 years back when I got my new ride. It was an overnighter windshield change. If your car came with Huper Optik film then it will be included as part of the claim. CnC does all the claim paperwork. You only need to pay the excess of $100 which can be offset from your service credits if you have any. 

Vinyl Is Sexy!

Yes, i do go around and get feedback of the various Authorized Workshop of my insurer and concluded the one i went to is a popular workshop with good reputation, and this workshop i've personally recommended to many of my friends and so far very happy with their job. I've personally tried it and i would say very good job, and only took about 4 hours. i just can't take it leaving my car with C&C over a day or more just to change windscreen. Anyway, i heard at times C&C do send their car to outside workshops to do it, i can't confirm that, but i believe so.

Its really a misfortune to be dealt with this sort of situation especially if you are collecting your new ride. I wonder, what gives, I mean, how does a new wind screen can crack so easily? I only seen or heard from experience my nephew's Honda City got crack couple of months after collection but for a Merc, I would think their quality should be better, right?

Its really a misfortune to be dealt with this sort of situation especially if you are collecting your new ride. I wonder, what gives, I mean, how does a new wind screen can crack so easily? I only seen or heard from experience my nephew's Honda City got crack couple of months after collection but for a Merc, I would think their quality should be better, right?

Bro - you used the word misfortune and TS said dunno what happened. Despite this you seem to doubt merc quality. In such a situation suggest you try another make for peace of mind.

Vinyl Is Sexy!

mostly depend on luck when you are driving and stone chips comes flying.

You can reduce the chances of being hit by not driving closely behind large heavy vehicles.

But again,,,kana hit also must be an angle to start that 10cm tatoo.

lol.....unless its a large stone. Nothing gonna stop that cracking your windscreen.

I had done my change at Pandan Loop. Took a day from 9am to 5pm.

They claim it is necessary as they have to install...let the silicon dry, test to check waterproofing.

To me, it is worth the wait to get a piece of assurance.

You can collect the car maybe an hour earlier if you do not need them to wash and vacuum your car :D .

• Like 1

Bro - you used the word misfortune and TS said dunno what happened. Despite this you seem to doubt merc quality. In such a situation suggest you try another make for peace of mind.

A noob remark only, bro. Probably the word I should use is unlucky, as bro Jarebbsg refer it as. ;)

Whether it's misfortune or just an unfortunate incident. .. there's nothing a little bit of FLOWER WATER cannot solve.... chill guys.... suggest TS go spray some after she got her car..... lol....

• Like 1

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

A good job needs time. If not dried properly, bound to have more wind noise later. I know some workshop in Sin Ming can even do the claims and change glass for you in less than 2 hours. You want? Haaa... been there, done that. If you want fast fast, any problems later, you gotta bear. Do it with CnC, any issues, can go back to them. When they take out the glass, need to scrap off the old glue. To do a neat job, takes time lah. How to fast fast?

Ha ha thanks for the feedback!

SE was really kind he helped me arranged for pickup services . I went down to pandan on my own and the counter girl said pickup services must make like 1 week in advance . I was quite sian so I left . Coz no way am I gonna wait a week. They aren't working on weekend so earliest they pick it up from me is Monday . And they ll rerun the car to me by tue noon.

To be honest , my dad saw the crack as well... There's no point of impact .... It's jus a line starting right at the top down to abt 15 cm . No webbing effect, jus a long hairline crack. Pretty sure it's a manufacturing defect . And not Sumthing hitting it ....

Not so much the money and all but more like the principle behind the claim ....

Got 5k service credits which is deemed to be sufficient by SE

But I Kanna Sumthing really sway with a Volvo TP which I ll share with u guys in another post.....

This car seems to be like giving me a lot of " problems " ;( hope these incidents are one of .