• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

FL W212 rim and tires sizing

Titleist

Need some advise on rim and tires sizing. The existing tire size is 245/40/18 X 265/40/18. Looking to go 19". Should I maintain the same tire width profile of 245 front and 265 rear on 19" or should I jump one notch wider to 255 front and 275?

Personally I would prefer 255 / 275 width, but afraid it might rub fenders when wheels are in fully locked positions.

Any advise? Thanks!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh.... I see..... btw.. I'm using 245/35/19"... and I feel rubbing when u go past flyover at around 90km/h... there are some bros here using 20"... but I suspect 275 will be to big for our ride.... your ride is E250 elegance?

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Oh.... I see..... btw.. I'm using 245/35/19"... and I feel rubbing when u go past flyover at around 90km/h... there are some bros here using 20"... but I suspect 275 will be to big for our ride.... your ride is E250 elegance?

With 245/35/19" you are already rubbing fender? The original is 245/40/18, which should have the same overall diameter as 245/35/19.  Strange... did you lower your ride or change the camber?

Mine is the E250 AG.  Guess no difference for wheel sizing be it AG or Elegance rite?

I used to run on 20". After 2 mths of 'suffering' i changed to 18". However i think 19" should be the max, if you still want to maintain some comfort as 20" is just too hard.

Ya i reckon 20" will be a tad bit too uncomfortable.  Hopefully with 19s, the ride wont be too jarring. Guess type of rubbers play a part as well.

Thanks for sharing anyways. 

With 245/35/19" you are already rubbing fender? The original is 245/40/18, which should have the same overall diameter as 245/35/19.  Strange... did you lower your ride or change the camber?

Mine is the E250 AG.  Guess no difference for wheel sizing be it AG or Elegance rite?

Lol.. nola... I didn't change anything else.... maybe it's me that causes the suspension to weaken. ... cos I weight half a tonne.... so more wear and tear.....

No difference in AG or Elegance. . Just maybe some spec different and rims design different too.... maybe you can consider Vossen or Vertini. ..

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Lol.. nola... I didn't change anything else.... maybe it's me that causes the suspension to weaken. ... cos I weight half a tonne.... so more wear and tear.....

No difference in AG or Elegance. . Just maybe some spec different and rims design different too.... maybe you can consider Vossen or Vertini. ..

Lol... 

Seriously, i am somewhat concerned that 245/35/19 is causing rubbing cos thats the exact size i'll be looking at.   Do you have any problems with rubbing when your wheels are at full locked position?

Ya, saw the Vertin rims online... looks pretty.  Do you know if its forged or cast?  Havent seen the Vossen rims yet. 

Thanks. 

It shouldn't touch the fenders.. onli the inside wheel arc when going past flyovers.. like I said... it could be because of the load (ME) she's made to carry. ... imho 245/35/19 is the max setup for comfort. ...

According to tyre calculator, 245/35-19 will not rub fenders as the radius only increase 0.1" which is only about 3mm...a 0.1" increase in radius is ok as my last experience with 245/30-20 also resulted in 0.1" increase in radius and also no rubbing...it is the rear that you have to take note-what size rear tires are you using?

Yes, i too think that 245/35/19 should be fine... but bro Ah Bui did experience some rubbing.

Ideally I would want 275/35/19 for the rear, but I guess i might have to go 275/30/19. Just worried that going 30 might make the drive uncomfortable. Otherwise will just stick to 265/35/19.

By the way can you share the link to wheel size calculator? Tks.

Actually I'm ok with the brr brr sound... cos it happens very rarely. . Only when I go very fast.... and as Bernard says... it always the rear... and for maybe 1 sec... I'm using non staggered setup... so I'm still confused why it rubs... maybe it's really because of ME....

Anyone has any reviews on the vertini wheels? My main concern will be with the build quality. The last thing I want is to have a cracked rim while doing 100kmh.

Was thinking of forged (rayseng, prodrive), but a lot of friends are telling me the cast wheels these days are built to excellent quality and should be comparable to forged.

Also looking at Avant Garde wheels as well.

Any feedback, experience will be greatly appreciated. Tks.

Vertini is fantastic..... go for it!!!!! Will look very nice on your new ride...... :thumbsu:  :thumbsu:  :thumbsu:

Anyone has any reviews on the vertini wheels? My main concern will be with the build quality. The last thing I want is to have a cracked rim while doing 100kmh.
Was thinking of forged (rayseng, prodrive), but a lot of friends are telling me the cast wheels these days are built to excellent quality and should be comparable to forged.
Also looking at Avant Garde wheels as well.
Any feedback, experience will be greatly appreciated. Tks.

With the right width and offset, you can run up to 255/285

Under normal daily drive in SG, up to 100kmh, most rims would be able to do the job well. If you are able to afford forged rims, then I would say go for it!

If you like deep dish or concave look, Vertinis are great and value for money.

Ya, i actually do like the concave look of the Vertinis... do you know if they are gravity cast or pressure cast?  and i cant seem to find the weights of the Vertinis as well. 

Will head down to one of the shops on Friday to look see and shoot some questions.  Will update whatever i find out.