• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

List of (known) issues

xtrocious

• 1 month later...

Checking with fellow CLA owners here.  I have this problem of car windscreen/windows fogging after i park my car at night during cooler days. After an hour or so after parking, the windscreen and windows will fog and car interior feels warm. It seemed like heat from engine bay is heating up the interior of the car, causing the fogging and warm interior.

Anyone else faced this issue? Any idea how to prevent this please? Thanks in advance. 

• Like 1

On 03/03/2017 at 0:59 AM, hweebs said:

Checking with fellow CLA owners here.  I have this problem of car windscreen/windows fogging after i park my car at night during cooler days. After an hour or so after parking, the windscreen and windows will fog and car interior feels warm. It seemed like heat from engine bay is heating up the interior of the car, causing the fogging and warm interior.

Anyone else faced this issue? Any idea how to prevent this please? Thanks in advance. 

Face the same issue. 

Just turn up the interior heat feature to clear the fog

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 3/3/2017 at 0:59 AM, hweebs said:

Same issue, I thought it's just me until I read your post. Turned off air circulation (so that it takes in outside air) and that mitigates the problem.

• 5 weeks later...
On 4/22/2017 at 5:48 PM, rickosw said:

Hi CLA owners,

Headsup, the Mercedes Benz #tcss whatsapp group has been upgraded to Telegram, if you are keen to join please PM me

Cheers!

Rick

Hi Rick

Can add me to the WhatsApp group?

Btw my problem of noisy is back after 3 months!

Anyone have similar issues?

On 8/23/2017 at 2:33 AM, dave sinson said:

Mine ride Oct 2016 just changed too ...send in last Wed 16 Aug for noise check when turning, Start / stop rarely comes in nowadays, IU drop off and tranny s/w update (sudden speed up), after I heard various fellow drivers feedback to the Technicians on noise, sudden speed up, battery during the "CLA night" at the end of last month.

my ride is also 10 months old with c&c installed car cam...

sent back for above mentioned inspection, servicing and troubleshooting:

1) the SA told me replace main battery due to low charge and new battery warranty still not extended remain Oct 2018.

2) noise from LH front when turning right eliminated by lube and recalibrated suspension settings

3) tranny s/w updates

4) renew IU double sided tape

5) Sudden brake is normal due to adaptive brake assist activated when near front vehicle during accelerating at traffic light

My mileage is low 11660km. Mostly...South to West...9 KM each way (5 days); city - 1-2 days

Averaging 8.3 l/100km

Collected this evening after test drive around Queenstown / Alexandra

Hope issues resolved, shall monitor closely

Hi all,

Sad to say my no.2 problem is back!:mad:

Noise from LH front when turning right, gonna arrange for inspection as well as my 15k servicing plus car grooming asap

• 1 year later...

Dear all CLA enthusiasts,

i have been driving my CLA200 for the last 2 years and recently I have encountered an erratic turbo boost especially when I step harder on the accelerator. The turbo boost will come back on and off and I have recently sent it to a workshop for repair. The preliminary investigation could be due to a faulty turbo boost/charge sensor pressure. But after the replacement, the fault persisted. Just like to ask if any of  you guys have encountered the same problem and don’t mind share with me what is the main issue. Thank you and appreciate it:) 

Regards,

Smokeout 

47 minutes ago, Smokeout78 said:

i have been driving my CLA200 for the last 2 years and recently I have encountered an erratic turbo boost especially when I step harder on the accelerator. The turbo boost will come back on and off and I have recently sent it to a workshop for repair. The preliminary investigation could be due to a faulty turbo boost/charge sensor pressure. But after the replacement, the fault persisted. Just like to ask if any of  you guys have encountered the same problem and don’t mind share with me what is the main issue. Thank you and appreciate it:) 

Regards,

Smokeout 

Drove cla200 previously and have the same turbo issue. Cnc replace the turbo unit and back to normal. 

• 4 months later...
On 12/8/2018 at 4:34 PM, Smokeout78 said:

Regards,

Smokeout 

Hi,

Is your experience whereby when stepping on the accelerator, the speed doesn't seem to be going up. On E mode, sometimes, I feel the car is a bit sluggish at gear 7 when the speed was at 60 - 70 plus km/h. Need to wait for it to drop to gear 6 to have the car to be able to pick up.

Anyone else having such sluggish performance on CLA 200?

Regards

• 2 months later...
On 08/12/2018 at 4:34 PM, Smokeout78 said:

Regards,

Smokeout 

Hi,did encounter this prob before. Went to many workshops for this issue. Mine was the turbo flap stucked, unable to open.