• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

List of (known) issues

xtrocious

Just thought I start this thread to share some of the issues (known or otherwise) I have encountered since collecting my car some 3 weeks ago...

1. Parktronic sensor (front is especially buggy)

Comment: Went back to C&C to have it looked at and supposdly rectified - still comes on intermittently (especially the left side)

2. Dashboard rattle

Comment: Highlighted it to them but still no fix

3. Clunk sound when rolling to a stop as the car downshifts to 2nd gear

Comment: Getting a bit irritating and not becoming of a premium car

• 3 weeks later...

As the rear view camera and GPS is retrofitted by C&C, perhaps can check if the rattle is due to loose cable in the dash which some insulation can fix.

My car is currently in the workshop to isolate that rattle plus the harsh downshifting issue...

It's been there since Mon and I still don't have a confirmed date when i can get it back :(

Hope this may assist you in the Parktronic I feel the parktronic dam slow rather park myself them trusting a computer to park for me

Source: http://www.micro-tronik.com/Support/Info/Benz-PTS.htm

The Parktronic system (PTS) is an ultrasonic measuring system for

detecting the distance to an obstacle in critical driving situations. It

assists the driver when parking and in maneuvering situations at

speeds of ?15 km/h.

The sensors in the front and rear bumpers emit ultrasound signals

which are reflected by an obstacle in the detection range. The

reflected ultrasound signals are received by the sensors and their

travel time is measured.

The Parktronic control module (N62) uses the travel time of the

reflected signal to calculates the distance between the vehicle and

obstacle and actuates the warning indicators.

The distance between the vehicle and the obstacle is indicated to the

driver visually and audibly.

In the process the brightness of the warning indicators can be

adapted to the brightness of the surroundings automatically or

manually depending on the model series.

The Parktronic system (PTS) is activated when the ignition is

switched on.

The system is active even if it was switched off manually for the last

journey.

The Parktronic system can be switched on and off with a switch.

On models 215, 220 as of 01.07.02 the lower speed limit is vA

/15 km/h and the upper speed limit is vo/18 km/h.

Haha... The Parktronic thing has been happening since year 1998. Live with it.

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

I have a bit of the 3rd issue. I also noticed it is always coming down to 2nd gear. It is a mild jerk, not like the other gears when downshifting is smooth. It was worse when I first got the car, and it got better over time. I figure that's a run-in thing and maybe sometime to do with the turbo going off(?) as this is normally around 1300-1400 rpm. I did not bother to have it checked as I need to use the car

I have a bit of the 3rd issue. I also noticed it is always coming down to 2nd gear. It is a mild jerk, not like the other gears when downshifting is smooth. It was worse when I first got the car, and it got better over time. I figure that's a run-in thing and maybe sometime to do with the turbo going off(?) as this is normally around 1300-1400 rpm. I did not bother to have it checked as I need to use the car

It's more noticeable when I just start to drive the car and while it does improve slightly over time, it doesn't go away...

Does anyone else have this issue?

Don't have this issue with my previous C200K nor the courtesy car C200CGI

I think we are refering to the sensor going off when there's no obstacle near it at all...hahah

Not the auto parking :P

Hope this may assist you in the Parktronic I feel the parktronic dam slow rather park myself them trusting a computer to park for me

Source: http://www.micro-tronik.com/Support/Info/Benz-PTS.htm

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

maybe because singapore its very hot in the noon....thats why u feel warm

Anyone w air con issue?
Morning and evening drives the air con temp is cold
But noon drives it just blow warm air even when set to lowest temp...

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

Anyone w air con issue?

Morning and evening drives the air con temp is cold

But noon drives it just blow warm air even when set to lowest temp...

Have you tried topping up aircon gas (refrigerant). The gas does leak slowly, and depending on age (say 2-3 year old car) may be a possibility.

Other less likely possibility is the aircon evaporator is leaking - maybe just happened. All it takes is a small pin size hole (from a flying small stone or even localised corrosion)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys. Ride is last than a month old.

Have arrange a check w the Cnc workshop after cny.

Hope not long downtime...

Hi,

I had the same aircon issue. Went to see the service advisor directly. (Don't bother with your SE, they can't do anything about it.) Initially they said the aircon issue is inherent in all the new A, B and CLA cars cos they were "made that way". But I said it is ridiculous that the aircon blows hot air at 23-24 C degrees. And it's really hot! My previous car was also a merc but never had such aircon issue. After much reluctance, they agree to check and do some adjustments. Now, it has improved. But occasionally the "hot spell" still returns. My advice is that whatever issues you have, just sent your car in for a check. It's under warranty so there is no charge at all. The important thing is that the issue(s) are logged in and recorded so that should the same happen again in future even after the warranty is over, you may have a case to support your claims.

• Like 1

Hi,

I had the same aircon issue. Went to see the service advisor directly. (Don't bother with your SE, they can't do anything about it.) Initially they said the aircon issue is inherent in all the new A, B and CLA cars cos they were "made that way". But I said it is ridiculous that the aircon blows hot air at 23-24 C degrees. And it's really hot! My previous car was also a merc but never had such aircon issue. After much reluctance, they agree to check and do some adjustments. Now, it has improved. But occasionally the "hot spell" still returns. My advice is that whatever issues you have, just sent your car in for a check. It's under warranty so there is no charge at all. The important thing is that the issue(s) are logged in and recorded so that should the same happen again in future even after the warranty is over, you may have a case to support your claims.

Maybe we should get them to have extended warranty for the air con if it is a known issue? Haha

Perhaps it's really a know issue hence the SE advised setting at 22 degrees during the run through when I collected my car.

On the gear shift issue, anyone feels slight vibrations when coming to a stop? When the gear box drops from higher gears to D2 at the stop? I don't a chunk like some who reported, but just slight vibrations. It can be lived with but just like to check with fellow owners.

Perhaps it's really a know issue hence the SE advised setting at 22 degrees during the run through when I collected my car.

On the gear shift issue, anyone feels slight vibrations when coming to a stop? When the gear box drops from higher gears to D2 at the stop? I don't a chunk like some who reported, but just slight vibrations. It can be lived with but just like to check with fellow owners.

Sometimes I will feel it a little.

Another thing is when slowing down doing a turn filter. When turning at gear 3 or 4, the pick up after the turn can be quite a delay to pick up speed.

Thanks. I've not experienced the acceleration out of turn delay as I'm still running in the car hence being light footed to keep revs below 2500rpm :)

Am waiting for the car to be run in and have the clutch properly bedded in before I take up the gear vibration issue with the workshop.

May be nitpicking here, but anyone notice some waviness on the body sheet metal on the rear left side to the left of the fuel cap and before the rear door edge? Definitely not a dent but somehow just feel that the body mould isn't great. In fact I've noticed the metal isn't all that smooth right above the B pillar on both sides, and saw this on all CLAs.