• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Brake Hold — Malfunction

nala

Thanks everyone! Problem solved.

Changed my batt to 80Ah. Together with bro markcwq.

So glad that people at Auto Spritze and Ah Boon helped us.

Sometimes it's really strange why C&C can't solve it, or is it they really don't wanna solve it... faint...

• Like 1

Thanks everyone! Problem solved.

Changed my batt to 80Ah. Together with bro markcwq.

So glad that people at Auto Spritze and Ah Boon helped us.

Sometimes it's really strange why C&C can't solve it, or is it they really don't wanna solve it... faint...

Did u get the Varta AGM?

80Ah the biggest size battery that could fit into the W204 battery well. Would have gotten 100Ah if it could fit in. The original battery from MB is tiny in comparison! Brake hold function working perfectly now!

I read until my brain also go through many cycles of charge and discharge...

A lot of trial and error before it got sorted out. Biggest disappointment was that C&C couldn't resolve the problem and we had to look elsewhere to get the issue sorted out.

Nola... they actually know how to solve all the problems.... but only after your warranty ends.... lol

• Like 1

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Not sure why leh. Maybe battery weak due to wear and tear? Maybe PowerMagic dieing?

But the least I know that when my brake hold fails, it's time to change battery. Better than next time my car can't start due to dead battery! =p

May i know what's the original ah? Cause mine too have Blackvue but never suffer the above case

The original battery fitted for my car is 60Ah, you can check by opening up the battery compartment in your car. The battery's age plays a part too. Mine is about 26 months old and I'm running three powermagic in my car. When the guys at AutoSpritze did a diagnostic test for me, there were 44 battery weak related faults.

I wonder how long does a battery last? My battery has been running for 101 months and has not been changed. Till today all is still fine and well

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

I wonder how long does a battery last? My battery has been running for 101 months and has not been changed. Till today all is still fine and well

You sure yours is battery and not NUCLEAR POWER PLANT?

• Like 1

Spoon feeding teaches you nothing....but the shape of the spoon...

Oldman....Yes its battery checked with CnC and many other workshop they say still don need change.... maybe I got a huge generator in the car?

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 years later...
On 6/19/2020 at 9:17 AM, LTeo said:

Dear all

I just bought a 2011 E200 cabriolet. Can anyone with the same model confirm that this model has the Hold function pls? 

Any reply will be most appreciated. 

Regards

Should have the brake hold function

Try take 2 quick steps on the brake pedal

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)