• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Collected my car

xtrocious

Collected my car today. Sales contract mentioned there's a $500 boutique voucher but were given a backpack bag with an umbrella, IU cover and parking coupon holder in it. When asked where's my voucher, SE said these are the items redeemed. Felt so cheated and shortchanged! I'm totally pissed off with such service coming out from Mercedes. My next Merc upgrade will never go to this SE by the name of Jacqueline Ho. She's not customer oriented, no sales acumen and tells lie without a blink. Worse than Japanese car SE!

Was told this was to facilitate the "welcome package" as I did saw it in my contract too....

Collected my car today. Sales contract mentioned there's a $500 boutique voucher but were given a backpack bag with an umbrella, IU cover and parking coupon holder in it. When asked where's my voucher, SE said these are the items redeemed. Felt so cheated and shortchanged! I'm totally pissed off with such service coming out from Mercedes. My next Merc upgrade will never go to this SE by the name of Jacqueline Ho. She's not customer oriented, no sales acumen and tells lie without a blink. Worse than Japanese car SE!

me too ! but i just take it and walk off.. since theres nothing much i need from their boutique store . most items overprice :D

Was told this was to facilitate the "welcome package" as I did saw it in my contract too....

Yes during signing of contract, was told there will be a welcome pack and the boutique voucher of $500.  SE explained this is their internal arrangement/policy and I told her this was not acceptable.  She said, this welcome package is meant to be a surprise.  This is absurb and from this entire sales cycle, I learnt that this SE thought that all customers are naive and trying to smoke us.  Although she has been with Merc for more than a decade, this doesn't mean she can exhibit her "lao jiao" style of salesman ship to "lie" to customers. I told her the welcome package is not a surprise at all, because it's already stated in the sales contract there is a $500 voucher.  If Merc were to give the customer a gift that is never mentioned verbally or contractually on the day of collection, this is a SURPRISE. 

During the handing over process, she even said I'm "lucky" to receive the nano treatment for my car as this is a last minute thrown in thing.  Again she's telling lie...in my contract, its stated nano treatment is provided.  She also said that my car has GPS and not everyone has it?  Can anyone comment on this GPS feature?

This SE will be banned from my list, no way she will get any sale or referral from me in future.  Do you guys have any recommendation for a profressional SE?

Hi all, I needed some advised on the optional features pertaining to the CLA.

I ordered the CLA in late last Nov. I signed the agreement on Mon as Wed is the bidding.

After the bidding, I decided to opt in for one more additional item and thus inform my Se on Sat in the same week.

The Se said will try its best to help me put in this additional option request from Germany, but no guarantee. I also paid the full amt on the same day.

However, I received the bad news from the Se on the following week that Germany had rejected my request due to order already been taken down in their system.

I not blaming the Se, just wish to find out whether this response from Germany side is usually the case. :(

When is the production and delivery?

Usually say 2 months before production u can change everything. System is like green. 1 month before is orange. Means not much time to change. V close to production turn red means order frreze.

Read this in us forum. Above is just a rough timeline

Actually. I thought nano, local gps, welcome pack and service credits are the standrard stuff included.

Laughing what did your se offer u? Can pm me if no convenient.

I cant remember about the service package. will check my agreement.

However mine are those standards like reverse cam, solar film etc but not GPS which im quite upset with. It makes the screen useless.

06742d80-00e7-11e4-a392-b55dfdb6a329_1b3

My SE also indicated on the purchase agreement that I'd get $500 voucher but instead gave me the backpack with umbrella, key holder, travel wallet. When asked, well, these are the so-called vouchers. Being a gentleman, I didn't want to demean myself as if I was greedy over the vickers.

She also sounded as if I was the lucky one to get the nano, service credits, GPS, reverse cam when everyone was getting such goodies.

Maybe some Mercedes Benz SEs are rather unprofessional.

• Like 1

When is the production and delivery?

Usually say 2 months before production u can change everything. System is like green. 1 month before is orange. Means not much time to change. V close to production turn red means order frreze.

Read this in us forum. Above is just a rough timeline

The Se told me the production will be this month Jan 14.

I made the purchase on 19 Nov, there was a coe bidding in that week. My coe was also secured in that week. 

I made the additional option request in that week too.

Hence, was very puzzle why my request was not approve.

I did try to ring up the customer service the following week and also lodge a case.

but my Se came back to me and said unsuccessful. What they can do is to purchase the item from Germany and install in sg which the cost will be doubled.

:(

I did try to look at other aftermarket rims.  but still feel the original amg rims still fits better. plus the price is very reasonable at 2.6k.

Since its just the rims, that why I thought it shouldn't pose much issue or hassle as it does not require any system or electronics configuration.

I did try to look at other aftermarket rims.  but still feel the original amg rims still fits better. plus the price is very reasonable at 2.6k.

Since its just the rims, that why I thought it shouldn't pose much issue or hassle as it does not require any system or electronics configuration.

I believe some1 will go for after market ones... maybe then u can buy the amg rims from them... or u can ask outside rim shop to source for u... after trade in price should be about same

AMG rims at 2.6k

Actually, I believe when the order was placed down or the full amount was paid, your SE checked on the stock that has left the harbour. Basically, stocks that are on the ship already. Thus your order fitted one of those on the ship and its confirmed. Changing to AMG rims is such a simple process, if it is still at the plant, there is no reason why it cannot be done.  And by the way, the SE know nuts about the production plant. Its in Hungary, not Germany. Most of us car nuts here know more about the cars than the SE. Anyway, like the rest of the bros here mentioned, there's plenty of aftermarket rims that would fit Merc nicely. :)

Actually, I believe when the order was placed down or the full amount was paid, your SE checked on the stock that has left the harbour. Basically, stocks that are on the ship already. Thus your order fitted one of those on the ship and its confirmed. Changing to AMG rims is such a simple process, if it is still at the plant, there is no reason why it cannot be done.  And by the way, the SE know nuts about the production plant. Its in Hungary, not Germany. Most of us car nuts here know more about the cars than the SE. Anyway, like the rest of the bros here mentioned, there's plenty of aftermarket rims that would fit Merc nicely. :)

What you say sounds logical.. Guess I got smoked by my SE. :(  :( :(