• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

*** IU Faulty

Guest four_eggs

Guest four_eggs

just to share with fellow members that my IU on my new W211 (less than 12 mths old) was DEAD (no power) last sunday. sent to VICOM this morning and they replaced it with FREE new set. Saw another very new SLK and his IU was DEAD also. C&C installled the IU for our cars but only VICOM can do the replacement. if there's NO power on your IU i.e. NO display after inserting your cash card, head straight to VICOM (8am to 5pm Monday to Saturday) and they will replace a new one for FREE. No need to check the fuse box be'cos there's NO fuse to change.

regards, allen (four_eggs)

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My IU also died on me recently after 6mths.

Went down to C&C to check if it's a power supply thing before i went to VICOM to change the IU. Lesson learnt, go directly to VICOM since there is no additional charges :D

just to share with fellow members that my IU on my new W211 (less than 12 mths old) was DEAD (no power) last sunday. sent to VICOM this morning and they replaced it with a new one (10 mins job). Saw another very new SLK and his IU was DEAD also. C&C installled the IU for our cars but only VICOM can do the replacement. if there's NO power on your IU i.e. NO display after inserting your cash card, head straight to VICOM (8am to 5pm Monday to Saturday) and they will replace a new one for FREE. there's NO fuse to change so dont bother to open the fuse box.

regards, allen (four_eggs)

well allen/ kiat,

those batch of IUs were faulty, if i can remember some newspapers had reported liao..

that's why now LTA is going to try launch a new IU in near future which will use the "ez-link(tap card)"?? (is it this card i'm not sure)

Guest Cklasse

Other than the IU, be aware that the cashcard stated the maximum high temperature exposure is 4 hours. So, never leave your card in the IU under the sun for the whole day, the card will be damaged after months of baking.

Guest four_eggs

maybe the lowest bidder secured this IU project but they should have gone thru a more stringent QA check. people must be nervous to see "NO LIGHT" on the IU with so MANY extra ERP now. i was so near the barrier and still no "BEEP"; reverse my car and slot in the cash card into the parking machine. the car behind must be wondering if i am a foreigner. that's why NEW IU testing now.

Leave the problem and change new one

Leave the problem and change new one

No lah... this one should be leave the IU, change country. :la: :la: :la:

Hahahaa.... Leave the IU, Change the Country...... :thumbsup:

That's why got this song......

We are Singapore, We are Singapore , We are Singaporean........

• 6 years later...

Hai... Sign!

Sad to say our IU went faulty today! Less than a month! Lousy IU batch, was ask to go back mercedes..

"Slow down and enjoy life. It's not only the scenery you miss by going too fast, you also miss the sense of where you are going and why."

Went down today to C&C, fix in 5mins.

Says IU hung, reset and it's working. Next time same problem say bring down.

Had kopi and breakfast courtesy of C&C.

Service +1

Cheers!

"Slow down and enjoy life. It's not only the scenery you miss by going too fast, you also miss the sense of where you are going and why."

• 4 weeks later...