• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

WTS: Brand New 18" AMG Rims with Tyres

introspect

Our used rims (no matter how new) is considered a "scrap metal" for retailers. They are more for your rubbers if milage is below 200km or so ie straight from showroom to tyre shop.

IMHO, if can't get good price, might as well keep the stock rims and sell the tyres. In future you could dekit and reinstall back the stock rims when selling your car. Sell the aftermarket rims seperately - but even for branded ones, would be lucky to recoup 50%.

To share some perspective, I'll be selling my 235/40/18 PS3 run-flat tyres to one of bro here for $150 (for 4 pieces with maybe around 3000km on 'em).

Just my 2-cents...

the 18" 5 spoke star one... looks the same as TS

Bro jtang is right, I believe for the 45s, there is option to come with the 19"... unfortunately, I didn't get the luxury of that choice, but mine are original AMGs (i.e. what you mentioned '18" 5 spoke star ones'), which as quoted from the shops (other than C&C's higher prices) cost almost $5k without tires...

i think you should really try to trade in those that you have now, to the shop that you are getting the new rims and tyres.  definitely the best deal for you.

to sell yourself, you or the buyer will never be happy.  too low for you, too high for him.

nonetheless, all the best and good luck bro!

Thank you bro, as mentioned, am posting to sell to for any bros/sis out there that would like to upgrade theirs to the AMG ones I have.  Currently no ex-stock in the market at this point.

As posted, last I checked for my particular rims, a set cost $4922 (includes GST w/o tires).  Hence, somewhere around $3.8k OBO (or best offer), brand new tires inclusive, would be quite a reasonable deal for both parties I would reckon.