• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

AMG Exhaust for R171

Minz

Hi,

I have just recently acquired a SLK 200.

I was pulled over by a traffic police yesterday & was told that my exhaust was modified.
I bought the car as it is with the AMG exhaust & after checking with the previous owner, she told me she lost the certificate.

How can I go about getting this certificate? There is the AMG emblem with the serial no. on the exhaust.

Any input is greatly appreciated...

I'm really now in a confused stage...as my inspection failed!!!  =(

Min

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ask the previous owner where they installed the exhaust from. The shop who installed it will be able to assist you in the documentations. They should have the certificate.

Hi Markcwq,

As the car i bought i am the 4th owner. The previous owner who lost the cert mentioned that the exhaust was done by the very first owner which is untrackable.

If i go to other shop will they be able to get it base on the serial no. on the exhaust?

Hi Mercc,

The TP mentioned my exhaust sounds different from other amg. Damn it..

Min

Think u have to ask LTA to assist u.... recall ur story to them. .. they should have a copy of that cert or some sort of authentication to prove ur exos is legal.....

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

First you need to check whether is it aftermarket installation or original from See&See. If the latter, See&See will have the infro. If the former is a good luck to you coz you will likely running in circle. How to check it? Drive it down to See&See and pay for an inspection.

Hi Markcwq,

As the car i bought i am the 4th owner. The previous owner who lost the cert mentioned that the exhaust was done by the very first owner which is untrackable.

If i go to other shop will they be able to get it base on the serial no. on the exhaust?

Hi Mercc,

The TP mentioned my exhaust sounds different from other amg. Damn it..

Min

by right LTA side should have record if this ride had done inspection previously.......( of course with the AMG exhuast )

* cant be LTA can/t check..............technology so advance... 

cheers

Operated on means you are on your own... and in deep deep shit.... Only recourse is that you just bought it... and hopefully they believe you....

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill