• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Help Needed on Maintenance for E200CGI (W212)

Asure7

Hi, I just bought a certified pre-owned 2011 E200CGI (W212) with the 5-speed gearbox.

Reading through all the pages in this sub-forum and I still can't find the exact answer in the detail... hope I didn't miss out anything...

Went though the owner's manual, and there really isn't much technical info too (i.e. doesn't mention how much atf needed, no part number for spark plugs)...

The owner's manual did mention checking the service booklet, which I was not provided since everything seems to be computerized at C&C now..  maybe that's where I can check the servicing schedule and the things to change...

1.  May I know when exactly to change the ATF, and the type/ amount required?

I was told by the SE that C&C usually don't change ATF during servicing since it's supposed to be "lifetime" (duh.. not that again...)
So I intend to change ATF at 3rd party workshops, while going back to C&C for minimal servicing to maintain warranty.

2.  When should I also change the spark plugs?  I believe one of the threads here mentioned 60,000km, so just want to be sure.  Would be great if someone knows the part number  :)

3.  Same thing for coolant?

4.  What's the difference (in detail) between servicing A and B at C&C?
From what I've read here so far, it is just additional checks (but not sure what checks) for B but have to leave car overnight which is really inconvenient.
A is regular minor service cost around 480 while B goes at least 1k although usually will cost around 2-3k?
Seems that some owners here request for A instead (when B is needed) then change fluids at 3rd party workshops.
Will C&C void the warranty in such cases?

Thanks for the help!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

C&C recommends change in ATF, coolant & spark plugs at Service B+...ie every 3 yrs or 60k km interval.

IMO, alternate change of ATF every 20k-25k km & then complete change of ATF, filter & oil pan gasket on the next. 

Hi, I just bought a certified pre-owned 2011 E200CGI (W212) with the 5-speed gearbox.

Reading through all the pages in this sub-forum and I still can't find the exact answer in the detail... hope I didn't miss out anything...

Went though the owner's manual, and there really isn't much technical info too (i.e. doesn't mention how much atf needed, no part number for spark plugs)...

The owner's manual did mention checking the service booklet, which I was not provided since everything seems to be computerized at C&C now..  maybe that's where I can check the servicing schedule and the things to change...

1.  May I know when exactly to change the ATF, and the type/ amount required?

I was told by the SE that C&C usually don't change ATF during servicing since it's supposed to be "lifetime" (duh.. not that again...)

So I intend to change ATF at 3rd party workshops, while going back to C&C for minimal servicing to maintain warranty.

2.  When should I also change the spark plugs?  I believe one of the threads here mentioned 60,000km, so just want to be sure.  Would be great if someone knows the part number  :)

3.  Same thing for coolant?

4.  What's the difference (in detail) between servicing A and B at C&C?

From what I've read here so far, it is just additional checks (but not sure what checks) for B but have to leave car overnight which is really inconvenient.

A is regular minor service cost around 480 while B goes at least 1k although usually will cost around 2-3k?

Seems that some owners here request for A instead (when B is needed) then change fluids at 3rd party workshops.

Will C&C void the warranty in such cases?

Thanks for the help!

I change my ATF every 20K Kms, aprks every 10K, engine oil every 5K kms.

My ex mistresses....

9394559638_9f28a394db.jpg

Sorry sometime I just don't understand people change synthetic engine oil every 5k, this is just completely wastage and make more problem for environment.....

Frequency of oil change depends not only mileage, but also time interval, style of driving & type of engine (turbo or NA). 5k km interval is nothing puzzling really for aggressive drivers in a CGI engine. The heat generated by the turbo can be rather merciless on the oil.

Incidentally, your environment concern is unfounded. The used oil is recycled under the strict regulation by NEA.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/under-the-hood/vehicle-maintenance/oil-recycling.htm

Looking at his fleets of cars before this.... I can understand his actions... just that old habit die hard.... But then again... to each his own.... no such thing as right or wrong....

I change my ATF every 20K Kms, aprks every 10K, engine oil every 5K kms.

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Frequency of oil change depends not only mileage, but also time interval, style of driving & type of engine (turbo or NA). 5k km interval is nothing puzzling really for aggressive drivers in a CGI engine. The heat generated by the turbo can be rather merciless on the oil.

Incidentally, your environment concern is unfounded. The used oil is recycled under the strict regulation by NEA.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/under-the-hood/vehicle-maintenance/oil-recycling.htm

Yes it re-cycled and sold somewhere else may be as boiler fuel in third world country, as long as not in my backyard.

By the way the link provided is mineral oil based oil which can be re-cycled or prolonged life time like in the sea going vessel.

Automobile synthetic oil is different very difficult to treat mostly end up to be burnt like my earlier statement.

Frequency of oil change depends not only mileage, but also time interval, style of driving & type of engine (turbo or NA). 5k km interval is nothing puzzling really for aggressive drivers in a CGI engine. The heat generated by the turbo can be rather merciless on the oil.

I do drive aggressively at times although my mileage is very low. Only 12-13K per year.

My ex mistresses....

9394559638_9f28a394db.jpg

For anyone interested, I've managed to find this.

Service Maintenance Manual for all models, different years.

For U.S. models though. But think it should be roughly the same. 10K miles is about 16K-km.

http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/service_and_parts/maintenance_manuals

From what I see, the standard (highlights only) is:

At 60,000km / 3 years:-

- replace fuel filter (engine 642, 651)

- Change ATF (oil and filter)

- Replace rear axle differential fluid (limited slip differential only)

It's a very major servicing at 60K, lots of things to change.. guess that's when the bill gets really inflated.

Spark plug is changed at 100,000km as a standard.

May I know what is:

1. Combination filter; and

2. Dust filter?

Also, what is the engine number for E200CGI (W212) ? *confused*

I'm guessing mine is 271.