• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Variable air intake installed

C???

Nothing wrong and no claims from C&C your warranty will be intact. The moment you have claims they may attribute to your aftermarket air intake. Just be wary of that.

Bro so double confirm, if I change air intake and I go service , nothing at fault in the car means everything ok? But if there is something wrong with the car and link to air intake then warranty confirm void?

As long as If the car spoil and is link to air Intake, warranty sure void if not no?

Of course! Don't expect any company to cover warranty for something they did not do. That being said, if the fault is not related to the air intake, warranty should still cover it.

Yes like mentioned it may void warranty if fault is due to the intake.

No problem so far for me although I am not covered under warranty anymore. Product is working well with the ride.

About 1 month after installation, some review of the product. I m no expert in performance but I ll try my best to share the infos I feel after installing the product.

1st week

Low end suffered badly. Kept switching between different rpm settings to get it right.

2nd week

Finally found the desired rpm of 2500 to get the valve open n finally feeling the surge I m looking for in my low end.

3rd week

Ecu behaves erratic, sometimes lag but feeling the pull 70% of the time.

4th week

Consistant power revived, low end suffer is recovered but not fully. Mid n high end feel is good. Acceleration after 60-70km/hr is bwtter compared than stock. Over 120km/hr ride pulls harder n longer producing an slightly more "aggressive" sound.

The module allows me to switch the pod to full open mode. Honestly it does play a difference as the moment its fully open like any normal open pod, low end suffered badly. Once variable intake is switched on, power loss is much lesser, but I must say it cannot be compared to stock intake for low end, there will be some difference. In my case, I would say a 20% loss in low end, but if I open the pod entirely about 60% loss.

Will be going for a tune pretty soon. As product is new, tuners I spoke to do express interest on how it may work with tuning. I find this interesting and hope it can give a little more room play for the tuner as the intake is variable. It may play a difference or it might not. Until I try it out, I ll try my best to give another review on the improvements made.

Hi all ,

My ride is a w207 cabriolet 2012 model 1.8l cgi. Current car on ecu tech box with monster tune map, piecha cat back quad exhaust.

Just installed the Arma variable air intake on Monday at li hong.

Car felt lighter immediately after installation. Normally boost come at 1500 rpm, but Lag was experienced at full open of the valve.

However after setting the valve to open at 2500 rpm, lag was reduced and extra pull was experienced when valve opened. Used to feel car "choked" when I ram the car, but with Arma, car was able to push forward more and the whole pull was more powerful.

Now waiting for a retune to optimized the power :)

I am in no way affiliated to the distributor of Arma. Just wanted to increase power of the car Thus gave it a try. Car bay also look chio-er now hahaha

Hi all ,

My ride is a w207 cabriolet 2012 model 1.8l cgi. Current car on ecu tech box with monster tune map, piecha cat back quad exhaust.

Just installed the Arma variable air intake on Monday at li hong.

Car felt lighter immediately after installation. Normally boost come at 1500 rpm, but Lag was experienced at full open of the valve.

However after setting the valve to open at 2500 rpm, lag was reduced and extra pull was experienced when valve opened. Used to feel car "choked" when I ram the car, but with Arma, car was able to push forward more and the whole pull was more powerful.

Now waiting for a retune to optimized the power :)

I am in no way affiliated to the distributor of Arma. Just wanted to increase power of the car Thus gave it a try. Car bay also look chio-er now hahaha

Just installed mine at Li Hong. Took incredibly long.

Anyway, I just butt tune the opening of the intake. Did u also set the opening of the exhaust valve?  The manual wasn't that clear.

It now has more grunt compared to stock. Will dyno to know the difference.

My ex mistresses....

9394559638_9f28a394db.jpg

Just installed mine at Li Hong. Took incredibly long.

Anyway, I just butt tune the opening of the intake. Did u also set the opening of the exhaust valve?  The manual wasn't that clear.

It now has more grunt compared to stock. Will dyno to know the difference.

Bro the exhaust mode (something like side plant) is only applicable to arma variable exhaust valve if you install it. Just use the variable air intake mode to set your rpm. Ignore other modes on your module... (unless u want the side plant next)...heehee

• 3 weeks later...

just installed on my c180 cgi.

definitely can feel the difference compared to a standard open pod in terms of low end improvement and smoother drive at lower rpm.

sound level wise not much difference from an open pod but the plus point is I dun feel my engine "choking" and my pick ups are smoother and more responsive.

one happy small mod for me!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hi guy,

I am considering to get this Arma variable air intake for my a250 but am told that the filter just need to be washed and no reapplication of oil is required. Am currently using BMC, and previously using K&N, both these would need to be washed and oiled for say every 10k km.

How did you guys, ones using Arma filter system, maintain your filters? Pls share.

Thanks!

anyone have the instructions manual to share or knows where i can have it downloaded?

i got a 2nd hand set and do not have the manual.

How do i actually set it to open at 2500 rpm?

Press controller D button then rev till 2500 and press button C?

and how do we check if the value is working?