• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Care for a soft top cabrio

mercc

Hi all,

I am considering to purchase a W209 clk cabrio, hope guys can help address some of my concerns.

1) how to care for the soft top. Eg, bird droppings easy to remove?

2) during heavy rain, any concerns? any leaks or seepage?

3) Interior noise, will it be noisy due to the soft top?

Any other issues that I need to take note of?

Thanks in advance for all your advice.

Mercc :)

Noisier cabin is inevitable. New CLK no need to worry about leak. However due to wear and tear, water seepage may happen at certain conditions like driving in heavy rain or wet high speed drive.

Good luck bro.

• Like 1

Hi all,

I am considering to purchase a W209 clk cabrio, hope guys can help address some of my concerns.

I hv a soft top cabrio (not MB)

1) so far no issues

2) mine is coming 5 yrs so yah during HEAVY rain, u MAY get one or two droplets but your interior's not gonna flood.

3) if noise bothers you, I'd advise you to stay away from cabrios. Every opportunity I hv, I drive with the top down (whole idea of cabrio ain't it?). Passengers in the car have to speak up b4 we can hear each other. With the top up, I can hear every single vehicle passing by.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Thanks to bros Jarebbsg and Jes for the input, much appreciated :)

I am looking at this ride with Brabus kit and AMG rims brake set. But I feel dealer's price on the high side though, if can knock off some K will be more reasonable.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=360074&DL=1083

If this car belongs to a member here, can advise the history/condition and mileage?

Thanks! :)

no matter AD's or used car dealers, you can always lowball. There is no such thing as paiseh. Bargain as much as you can, unless your dream car comes along (perfect colour, interior, engine blah blah blah). fyi b4 my C class, traded in my ride for about $190k+. Next thing I know, it's on SGcarmart asking for $220k+. Imagine their profit margin. 

• Like 1

I has been driving my W209 for 6 years now, so far no leakage issue even with the most recent storm we have. Car washer in patrol station would normal don't wash the soft top with soap, a good strong power water spray will do the job. Interior noise will definitely worse than a sedan, and if you drive through tunnel likes CTE, KPE, you will notice the noise entry is from the back of the car but I find it bearable. I will vote for W209 because the maintenance is very reasonable; carry out by Chip soon in Tampines.  

There are not many W209 put on the market, because is a life style car, dealer will probably tell you to pay more!

• Like 1

no matter AD's or used car dealers, you can always lowball. There is no such thing as paiseh. Bargain as much as you can, unless your dream car comes along (perfect colour, interior, engine blah blah blah). fyi b4 my C class, traded in my ride for about $190k+. Next thing I know, it's on SGcarmart asking for $220k+. Imagine their profit margin.

Thanks Jes :)

Yeah, the used car dealers are asking high prices. I am certainly not going to bite unless prices come down to more reasonable levels. Not in a hurry, so doing some online car shopping!

There are not many W209 put on the market, because is a life style car, dealer will probably tell you to pay more!

Hi goolie22 :)

Thanks for your valuable input.

On the contrary, quite a few W209 on the market now for sale. There are currently 20 listings of W209 on sgcarmart. Agree its a lifestyle car, so may not have many keen buyers as well. ;)

Hi Mercc,

If you have see enough, spec of C&C and PI are vast different. C&C normally come with electric memory seat while PI generally is manual. Recently a friend bought a PI unit with both electric seat, keyless entry & push start. If I'm not wrong, some the dealers has been holding the car for a very long time. Good luck with your search... :)

• Like 1

Sorry to disappoint u bro.. but PI car now tends to have better spec than AD.... my PI rides comes with everything except the command. . And at a very much cheaper rate.... only clause is you see what u get... unless u indent.. which I'll recommend u go AD...

Hi Mercc,

If you have see enough, spec of C&C and PI are vast different. C&C normally come with electric memory seat while PI generally is manual. Recently a friend bought a PI unit with both electric seat, keyless entry & push start. If I'm not wrong, some the dealers has been holding the car for a very long time. Good luck with your search... :)

• Like 1

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Sorry to disappoint u bro.. but PI car now tends to have better spec than AD.... my PI rides comes with everything except the command. . And at a very much cheaper rate.... only clause is you see what u get... unless u indent.. which I'll recommend u go AD...

PI car tends to have lower OMV as well.

I think no issue whether AD or PI, as long as the price is right. :)

Seriously... You buy cheap.... U sell cheap..... Basic logic.... But then.... You buy expensive.... You oso sell cheap....lol

• Like 1

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

You can try slice $5k..... And start nego from there.... Should have good chance.... Just my 2c worth.... If no deal...go search again....

• Like 1

No harm trying right? Maybe you get it? Just go down... see the car. .. then tell them ur offer... they keen to sell.... call u back....

• Like 1

I think, just tell them what you are prepared to pay...then leave them your number.....they cannot hold for too long as most car's from 2nd hand dealers are either on credit or consignment....so if this w209 you are eyeing is on credit, they will have to pay interest on it....just my 2 cents worth...

All the best, hope you get your ride at the right price :)

• Like 1

Spoon feeding teaches you nothing....but the shape of the spoon...

No harm trying right? Maybe you get it? Just go down... see the car. .. then tell them ur offer... they keen to sell.... call u back....

Thanks Ah Bui. :)

I went for viewing on one car over the weekend. Dealer only willing to knock off 2k from list price, but offered a low price for my trade in.

Condition of the car not so good, so I didn't even bother to make a offer and just walked away.

I think, just tell them what you are prepared to pay...then leave them your number.....they cannot hold for too long as most car's from 2nd hand dealers are either on credit or consignment....so if this w209 you are eyeing is on credit, they will have to pay interest on it....just my 2 cents worth...

All the best, hope you get your ride at the right price :)

Thanks Oldman for your advice, appreciated. :)

Hi all,

Saw this at Giant Supermarket. May help in the softtop protection.

• Like 1

Hi all,

Saw this at Giant Supermarket. May help in the softtop protection.

post-390-0-01090400-1379253339_thumb.jpg

post-390-0-31821100-1379253364_thumb.jpg

• Like 1