• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Registry of New CLA Owners

Philip Chan

Congrats to all new CLA owners, here Show you something new for CLA: Comand Online for CLA:

image.jpg

Details in our sponsor page, sorry for disturb.

http://www.sgmerc.com/topic/16613-original-comand-online-ntg45-for-cla200-cla45/

Thanks for reading.

EleBest PTE LTD

Comand Online NTG 2.5/3/3.5/4.5/4.7/5.0

Instrument cluster Retrofit

AMG Steering Wheel

Mercedes Original Map Conversion

The Most Experienced LCD Upgrading

Navigation, Reverse Camera, Mobile TV, Apple TV

Video In Motion

Rear Seat Entertainment System

iPhone / Samsung mobile Phone mirroring

Digital Video Recorder

Reg. No. 201014095R

Call/SMS/WhatsApp/Line/iMsg: +65-9733-5000, Office: +65-6635-0518

YouTube Channel: myelebest

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/gps.sg

Workshop:#04-19, WCEGA Plaza, 1 Bukit Batok Crescent, 658064, Singapore

09:30-18:00, Mon-Sat

Max: +65-97335000

Quotation / Price will only be sent by sms/whatsapp.

Hi all,

I just collected my ride last week. This is my first time having a merc. My previous ride was a vios.

I have a few queries. Can the angle of the headlight be lowered. I feel that the headlight is very bright. Guess that it irritated some people at the multi-storey carpark yesterday after dinner (the passenger at the back seat keep looking back) and was being pushed and challenged after exiting the cp.

Any advise on the method of having an effective throttle? I feel that the car was very heavy during the move off, the initial acceleration was not very sensitive and I have to press really down, even though my gear got into D7, but the speedometer was only showing 40-50km/hr. The altis beside me was already 3-4 car lengths away after the traffic lights turn green which was much more worse than when I was in my vios. I cant use the same acceleration method that I used on vios on this ride.

congrates on your new ride dude.

you may try call cnc at Customer Assistance Center 6471 9111 if possible to lower the headlights. (I would prefer to raise it. haha)

yours is CLA180 or CLA200?

in E mode the acceleration is slow maybe due to fuel efficiency. set to S mode if you want better car response. :evil:

if can try to "run in" the car till 1500km mileage as per manual book before using S mode too. :)

Hi all. Just to share.

Also found my cla200 to be abit slow and laggy esp when after depressing the accelarator for quite abit. I wonder if it's due to cla being a fwd instead of rwd.

Anyway I have driven cls, s and this cla definitely feels much slower than all of them. But despite the speed, it still drives like a merc. I also feel very steady during corner and I'm on staggered wheels. Didn't feel any under/over steer.

To wrap it up. Chose cla because of the style. It just looks so sexy. Everything else is secondary.

Hope everyone enjoy their ride (esp when other people see our car and drool!)

Thanks for the advise and feedback.

I do agree the car is a head turner at traffic lights or when other drivers pull up just beside me and look into my window. It always put a smile on my face.

The feel is really priceless. Never regret on this choice. There were lesser frustrations on roads caused by reckless drivers (taxis, sunny, altis etc). I especially like the auto dimming mirrors, no more glaring lights shinning into my eyes.

I have tried both the M mode and S mode. It does feel better, but still need to depress 50% of the throttle, the acceleration is also slightly better. Whereas in E mode, have to depress until 75%, then it will slowly move off like a grandmother. For my old vios, only need to depress 25% and will move off smoothly. I'm not a heavy foot and have always able to maintain a good fc of 15-16km/lr on my vios. Thought I can break e paper specs for CLA as what I did for my vios. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Wish to check with do u guys have any experience at the service centre in Eunos?

How do u guys ensure the integrity of the technician thats handling your vehicle?

I always discover new things that they did to my car, but i have no concrete evidence...

For eg, i sent my vehicle for software update today, after starting the car, i realised that my aircon fan was turned to the max, aircon degree was also switched to 18degrees...my fc rate dropped frm 8.2/100km to 10.3/100km which i believe was mainly due to the aircon usage as my mileague did not have much changes...i was so sian that they abused my aircon this way as i usually dont even will have my aircon fan anything more than 2..

My car is installed with car cam and the fun thing is that the C n C technicians don't off it during services, so I have a "front seat view" of what they do during servicing. Quite "educational" to observe.

Anyway, after servicing the FC surely will go up because sometimes they take your car for a test drive after service (mine was), other times they will leave the engine running while they check the car or change fluid (like transmission oil).

About the aircon, you can instruction them through your Service Assistant, but not sure whether they'll follow.

My car is installed with car cam and the fun thing is that the C n C technicians don't off it during services, so I have a "front seat view" of what they do during servicing. Quite "educational" .

Thanks for the information, i was also thinking about the in car cam thingy for monitoring or deter them from abusing our car. Last weekend, while i was sending my car for run in oil change, there was an auntie who came in very angrily complaining to the receptions that the technicians dirtied her car, where she found alot of oil stains on her car passenger seats..

But i guess this will be the last time i go back to eunos for servicing or rectifying any issues... Maybe the one at alexander will have better integrity as the HQ is there...