Philip Chan

Registry of New CLA Owners

586 posts in this topic

Hi there everyone, 

Booked my ride on 1st week August. 

Got the ride at $179888 + $10000 (AMG LINE PACKAGE) 

Changed the rims from the AMG LINE PACKAGE to the Black AMG LINE RIM ( additional $1500).   

Colour: White 

Anyone knows when will the earliest arrival of this car?

"On Paper" it indicates Nov/Dec 2013, hearsay fro forum Dec/Jan 2014.  

Sales Executive : Kinda non-existence .... Don't know anything ... 

Was told 1st batch CLA200 delivered in Sept 2013, ours should be in Nov/Dec, but under the fine print part... 

SUBJECTED TO COE BIDDING, SHIPMENT OF VEHICLES....zZZZzZZ...

I have the same problem. I also booked my ride on the 1st week of August. Now they have told me the estimate delivery date is Jan/Feb

Super siannnnnnnnnnn

I am interested in the CLA200, but as all bros here mentioned, the delivery is a couple of months down the road. Can anyone advise me how to to deal with the trade-in of my current ride? This will determine the loan that I'm going to take.

Seems like SE doesn't want to offer a price, and if you insist, they quote a very low price. How do you overcome this?

The uncertainty in the COE make it hard for any dealer to take your car at your good price.

Use worst case paper plus body value is the safest. If u think with this figure u are comfortable with then make the purchase.

Bros/Sis, when you booked your CLA, did you:

1) Book the car first, then sell the old car when collect new car (by then might not get a reasonable price)?

2) Lock in a trade-in price now (also might not be at a reasonable price)?

Which is the best option?

First of all.... U need to decide how much are you willing to lose when you want to trade in... but at least you have a ride until you take your new car...OR.. you sell your ride yourself as early as you sign for a new ride...(also depends on the loan quota)... for it normally takes quite a while to do that... but you can get a more reasonable price for it.... So it's still up to you... what is your priority... $$$ or a mode of transport....

when my friend bought his ride, he was offered a certain price for his current car... after overtrade it may still seem quite low if compared to direct selling but at least he get to drive for 3 months till the new car comes.... not easy selling used car now and the price would have dropped 3 months down the road... price of his used car is locked when he signed for the new car...

For hassle free, trade in because bridging of insurance and handover of car when collecting new car is really quite fuss free...

If sell it at your own then it's a matter of timing, believe insurance NCD is only applicable once for one driver. Also, depending of if u manage to secure a buyer earlier or later than your collect date, u may end up having to bear with no car (provided this your only ride) or pay for two parking lots, repectively..

For me. I prefer fuss free. Handover during collection... :)

just book the CLA200. ETD June/July....

hope it will be pushed forward instead of backwards! :sleep:

Laughing, what's your production month?

I did not check with SE But I believe should be feb /March as se says must decide color by end jan. Most prob will check later.....

the front grill is damn awesome. loving the black too! make sure you polish/wax it often!

Fierce!!!! Never regret the amg styling!

Thanks guys.

My SE say no stock on nano sealant so my car is "naked" now... Appt packed till after cny.

Any recommendation on outside sealant? Or just wait?

means collect car now 1st and nano given to you later?

When I called my SE this afternoon no mention on that....

means collect car now 1st and nano given to you later?

When I called my SE this afternoon no mention on that....

Yup... Dun know if true really sealant out of stock or just want to quickly release the car...

any bros installed car DVR with power saver on CLA or new merc car?

confirm will void warranty?

thanks.

Thanks guys.

My SE say no stock on nano sealant so my car is "naked" now... Appt packed till after cny.

Any recommendation on outside sealant? Or just wait?

I use Permanon and I'm happy...

I use Permanon and I'm happy...

My ex ride also on permanon but not very gd not sure if is due to the basic paint alr damage or I too lazy to maintain it. Haha

Maybe my standards are low. LOL

Maybe my standards are low. LOL

No lah. Cos my is pre owned car so paint work already crappy. Think permonan is good for paint work which is still good and also need to touch up often. :)

How's the 7 DCT performing so far? Any judder or jerking? Collecting mine this Sat and kinda concern given the issues faced by VW's 7sp DSG.