• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Asking about Racechip Pro1 for C250 CGI

paleface

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have tried a racechip ultimate on a c250 CGI. better torque response I would say.

Im asking for Racechip Pro1, but thank you for the info.

Have you dyno your car? Is it big different Or just a little bit different from standard using Ultimate?

Thank u

I'm using racechip ultimate on my C180.. torque and power definitely up and much more responsive. didn't dyno.. can feel it's very different with and without chip. Accelerator also becomes lighter.. but take note don't overtune it.. engine check light will come up :P then just tune it back down a little.. fun to drive fun to play with cheers!

Hi All,

Speed Haus is the authorized dealer for Racechip, and we have installed several Racechip Ultimate on C250 CGI and performance and reliability has been very well received.  Kindly visit our thread on the Racechip and contacr us for any information or queries on it.  Thank you!

Speed HaUs Pte Ltd

53 Ubi Ave 1 #01-31

Paya Ubi Ind Pk

Singapore 408934

Tel: 67433123

Fax: 67433201

http://www.speedhaus.com.sg

http://www.facebook.com/speedhauspl

I'm using racechip ultimate on my C180.. torque and power definitely up and much more responsive. didn't dyno.. can feel it's very different with and without chip. Accelerator also becomes lighter.. but take note don't overtune it.. engine check light will come up :P then just tune it back down a little.. fun to drive fun to play with cheers!

I see. Cause the ultimate and pro1 are much different. I already use the JB Beta from Burger tuning and i love the result. Just want to try something new, maybe i can get more power using racechip.

About the Check Engine Light, when its on, how do you turn off? Do i have to reset to dealer or what?

Thx alot for the info

Hi All,

Speed Haus is the authorized dealer for Racechip, and we have installed several Racechip Ultimate on C250 CGI and performance and reliability has been very well received.  Kindly visit our thread on the Racechip and contacr us for any information or queries on it.  Thank you!

Hi,

Have you dyno the car using ultimate?

Do you know what is the different between pro1 and pro2?

All i know, the result for hp, torque, processor n material are different.

Hi,

Have you dyno the car using ultimate?

Do you know what is the different between pro1 and pro2?

All i know, the result for hp, torque, processor n material are different.

Hi palechip,

thanks for the query. We have dynoed the RC Ultimate on two BMWs here locally so far.  A 135i and a 335i both N55 3.0L turbo and the results from Racechip were significant better.  The power figures were what was expected (30%), however the torque were actually a lot more than what was expected (35%).  We even dynoed the 135i with a leading piggyback which was already installed and Racechip boasts better power of 10% and 15% torque improvements over it. 

We will be more than glad to dyno a Merc on our RC product, but thus far those who have installed the RC have not done one with us. 

Racechip is delicated to doing what it does best, improve the performance by controlling the engine parameter and boost from the turbo using a powerful chip.  The main difference we view is the microprocessor that controls and interfaces with the car.  We have found out that not only the gains are more with each faster, more powerful microprocessor... the throttle response and the boost control are also more sensitive and more predictable.  This means better drivability with more performance as the microprocessor improves. You will get more power in a lower rev, and a faster smoother pick up with better power across the revs.  You need to consider hardware adaptability as well, in the event of any hardware upgrades, the more powerful box will also optimize the hardware performance better too.

Hope this helps, thank you!

Speed HaUs Pte Ltd

53 Ubi Ave 1 #01-31

Paya Ubi Ind Pk

Singapore 408934

Is Engine check light come on a common problem after every installation? or only some cars experience this problem?

Installation of Race Chip, will not cause any engine check light to come on with a proper map selected.

The level of map selections will depend on the level of hardware you have installed in the car.

Speed HaUs Pte Ltd

53 Ubi Ave 1 #01-31

Paya Ubi Ind Pk

Singapore 408934

Is Engine check light come on a common problem after every installation? or only some cars experience this problem?

Had same issues. Just have to unplug, Drive round the neighborhood, stop the ignition. Repeat if necessary till the engine check light goes off.

Then reinstall the racechip. If still persist. Then have to sand off the nano coating of the connection plug (this removes the anti-rust protection though, I was told)...

Had same issues. Just have to unplug, Drive round the neighborhood, stop the ignition. Repeat if necessary till the engine check light goes off.

Then reinstall the racechip. If still persist. Then have to sand off the nano coating of the connection plug (this removes the anti-rust protection though, I was told)...

Wah, need to go to this extent?

Is your car with other mods?

Was told this is due to sensitivity issues with car ECU. Not sure how true.

No other mods, just this chip.

Cant tell power diff as didnt really sprint before installing (still running-in My ride). But fc improvement is obvious. From 12-13l/km before; to 9.5-10.5l/km. no change in driving patterns (I think...).

Hi palechip,

thanks for the query. We have dynoed the RC Ultimate on two BMWs here locally so far.  A 135i and a 335i both N55 3.0L turbo and the results from Racechip were significant better.  The power figures were what was expected (30%), however the torque were actually a lot more than what was expected (35%).  We even dynoed the 135i with a leading piggyback which was already installed and Racechip boasts better power of 10% and 15% torque improvements over it. 

We will be more than glad to dyno a Merc on our RC product, but thus far those who have installed the RC have not done one with us. 

Racechip is delicated to doing what it does best, improve the performance by controlling the engine parameter and boost from the turbo using a powerful chip.  The main difference we view is the microprocessor that controls and interfaces with the car.  We have found out that not only the gains are more with each faster, more powerful microprocessor... the throttle response and the boost control are also more sensitive and more predictable.  This means better drivability with more performance as the microprocessor improves. You will get more power in a lower rev, and a faster smoother pick up with better power across the revs.  You need to consider hardware adaptability as well, in the event of any hardware upgrades, the more powerful box will also optimize the hardware performance better too.

Hope this helps, thank you!

I see. I want to know c250 using RC Ultimate at dyno cause i want to know the different before and after RC.

So if i already change exhaust and intake, it will effect the setting of RC?

So in that case, everytime i change/upgrades the hardware i must "fine tunning" the RC?

I see. I want to know c250 using RC Ultimate at dyno cause i want to know the different before and after RC.

So if i already change exhaust and intake, it will effect the setting of RC?

So in that case, everytime i change/upgrades the hardware i must "fine tunning" the RC?

If we do get dyno figures on it, we will let you guys know,

Yes with each hardware enhancement done to your car, we will advice you to come in to let us check and adjust the map accordingly.

For exhaust and intake change, you should be able to run one or two maps higher than factory setting.

Speed HaUs Pte Ltd

53 Ubi Ave 1 #01-31

Paya Ubi Ind Pk

Singapore 408934

• 1 month later...

just to share some more of my experience.

RaceChip Ultimate on C180. If anyone else has the same ride and chip, pls share your experience too.

Slowly tuned the setting 1 by 1 to try it out. The most entry level is to set the S2 switch at position "9", then slowly tune it up to "A" , "B" , "C"... etc.

I got the best performance at "E". However, the car is not stable, especially noticed during noon when the weather is hot. Sometimes the whole car will jerk when I am coming to a stop at traffic light, and also jerk when stationary at traffic light. I ignored it as it is not often. 1 fine night, I decided to whack hard on the highway, was having much fun till when i am at a carpark waiting for the car infront to park. My car jerk till engine stalled. Overworked?? Tried to restart... but couldn't.. the car kept cranking but engine won't start. Quickly replaced back to stock in order to start the car before driving away :(

So I tuned it down to "D". Lesser power for sure. After a few days of driving, after a cold start, the RPM at idling is very very unstable hovering up and down between 800 - 1100rpm with the car jerking at the same time. Again, have to replaced back to stock, start the engine. After engine started and stabled down, I off it. Then installed back racechip. Engine started normally again. However, with engine check light on. Anyway, after a few drives, the check light goes away.

Somehow, I feel that it isn't stable ? Anyone has any other inputs or any idea why it's like that?

I have installed the racechip for a few days and decided to remove it. After installation, I can feel improvement in low to mid end but my high end loss; especially when overtaking at highway. The car is very slow in response to downshift the gear for overtaking. So I decided to remove my racechip.

I have installed the racechip for a few days and decided to remove it. After installation, I can feel improvement in low to mid end but my high end loss; especially when overtaking at highway. The car is very slow in response to downshift the gear for overtaking. So I decided to remove my racechip.

What's your setting on S2 switch? Maybe need to lower

Tried twice failed.. light came on and the power band not i wanted.

so you stopped using already?

i was told the initial batches has this nano coating on the chip that the new C180 is too sensitive too. that's why the engine check light came up. i swapped for a later batch one and it's working fine. just that it screws up once in a while now..