• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W204 secret features

chibibotto

W204 "secret" features

Saw this in Malaysia forum.. Didnt verify myself and most of it is in our manual

(*Copied from : http://www.mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/249371-w204-secrets-thread.html *) (*Updated on 090821 for #45*) 1) aux input in glove compartment. 2) aux input is accessed from cd menu (in my non-multimedia pkg). 3) hold alarm on/off pointed at small square on driver's-side door handle to open/close sunroof and windows. 4) power source in glove box is 12v switched (i remember there was some discussion about that). 5) if you have the automatic tranny, push the stick to the left and hold it there, it'll downshift to the gear lowest possible to allow you to be in the powerband to pass cars. And pushing the stick to the right side and hold it there will put you back into the normal automatic shifting mode. 6) Little arrow on the fuel gauge points to the side of the car that the fuel filler is on. 7) there is a way to reset your service indicators and other lighting options by pressing the OK and TALK button I believe. 8) badges in back leave no holes except for the star. (???) 9) A slight tap of up or down on the turn signal tree allows the turn signal to flash 3-4 times for a lane change and then shuts off automatically. No need to full engage the turn signal and shut it off manually. 10) Steps to Reset the TCU. Resetting the TCU will reset transmission to factory shift points and the car will 'relearn' your driving style. (a.) Turn the ignition key to the on (not start) position. (b.) Press the gas pedal to the floor and hold for five seconds. (c.) Turn the key to the "off" position (don't remove the key), then release the gas pedal. (d.) Wait at least two minutes for TCU to reset. 11) brake rotors stay at peak efficiency from feathering initiated after a certain number of windshield wipes during rain. 12) headlamp cleaners activate every 10 windshield washes. 13) when the sun / Pano roof is left open on an extremely hot sunny day, the car will automatically close it (tilt position) after a while ( when the car is parked) (euro p2 version only) 14) again if the car is equipped with Sun/Pano roof as well as rain sensing wipers, the car will again close (tilt position) the roof as soon as the sensors detect rain ( when the car is parked ) (possible euro p2 only) 15) PRE-SAFE system, which automatically closes open windows, sunroof, and move the seats, headrest + steering wheel to a more protective position - all done within milliseconds as soon as the car senses that an accident is imminent. This is the 2nd stage of pro-safe. First stage is the passive pre-emptive measure, like ESP etc. The 3rd stage is post an accident, which includes automatice shut down of engine and cutting off fuel supply + turning on hazards lights + lowering windows slightly + unlocking all doors. 16) rollbackassist : if i am on steep hills, i notice a roll back assist engages. I think it might happen if i press down on the brakes a bit harder. Release and the car holds itself for a few seconds before rolling back. Works Great! 17) autosense wipers that actually work! 18) on the cruise control stalk: If you push the stalk all the way up, it will increase the speed to the next 5mph increment (ie 52 goes to 55). If you push it down it will decrease the speed to the next 5mph increment (ie 58 goes to 55). 19) this is not somthing you can controll but the new W204 also has vents behind the rear wheels that exit out of the tail lights to keep them clean but more inportantly helps to give the car an overall drag coeffienecy of ONLY .29 20) with the MM the stereos volume will raise if you enter an area with loud noise. 21) If you have the transmission in C, and you punch off the line hard, it uses 1st gear, not second. 22) Leave your headlights in Auto mode & the parking lights & fogs will remain lit when you arm or disarm your car when it is dark. 23) Little arrow on the fuel gauge points to the side of the car that the fuel filler is on. 24) While listening to a cd, the music register or satelite radio, we all know that sometimes you can't read the full title of the song playing. Just press the # button on the dash and you will see the full title and the artist. 25) * key will allow you to jump to a specific track or radio station 26) If you have previously engaged your cruise control at lets say 70mph and are off cruse control but want to reset it to your current speed, raise the cruise control lever to the up position. This will reset it to your current speed where if you pulled the lever towards you, you'll be returned to the previous set speed. 27) slight tap on blinker gives a short 3 blinks for lane changes 28) if you use two fingers you can do all fore windows at the same time, up or down. 29) when the trunk is up and you're still in the driver's seat, you can see out the back, through the center mirror. The hinge lifts up and away, letting you see oncoming traffic before you open the door. 30) Auto dimming mirrors get light when in reverse. 31) dial mounted on the center console will not allow you to change stations or functions display unit unless the hood is raised. 32) In autos, u dont have to turn the ignition key all the way to start the vehicle. in other words, car can start before u complete the turn of the key. Also the car won’t let you re-try the ignition if the car is already on. 33) hood can be pushed up to 90 degrees while open 34) Discovered this feature yesterday. I had the wipers on permanent, not auto intermittent. When I stopped at a traffic light, rather than continuing on wiping permanently, it went into auto intermitent mode by itself. Then as soon as I started driving again, it reverted back to permanent wiping. 35) Wipers, will auto stop when the car stops, then resume when you start driving, with an occasional wipe as needed. This functions works in any mode you have your wipers on. It is dependent on how much it is raining. If it is raining alot dont expect them to stop. 36) Also when you are going down hill with your foot off the gas or on the brake, the car will shift down the tranny so you will have more controll and power to the wheels if you need it. 37) you only get the beep beep beep on the alarm if you actually have an alarm. otherwise just lights will flash. 38) tilt down mirror won't tilt down if you're backing up quickly 39) tunnel mode is available on the 2009 w204 (hold down air-recirculation button) 40) trunk has emergency release on the inside that stays lit for 60 minutes after closing. 41) To set and activate tilt down mirror when engage reverse gear, put ignition key to position 2, adjust passenger side mirror, press "m" memory button and its done. 42) To open driver's door only - press "lock" and "unlock" at the same time in remote control for 5-6 secs until the red LED blink. Now if you press "unlock", only the driver's door will be unlocked. Press "unlock" again, all other doors will unlock. To cancel the mode, press both "lock" and "unlock" for 5-6 secs until the red LED blick. 43) With key in ignition switch, if you open the driver's door, the rest of the doors will remain locked. 44) You can switch on aircon by pressing the Air-recirculation button (center button of temperature control, driver's side) 45) if you have your wipers on intermittant and you push the wiper stalk in briefly (without triggering the windshield washers), the wipers wipe rapidly 9 times then return to intermittant mode. This is handy when you are driving in light rain and suddenly get splash by passing vehicles.

• Like 2

bro .. sorry ... adjust a bit so easier to read ...

1) aux input in glove compartment.

2) aux input is accessed from cd menu (in my non-multimedia pkg).

3) hold alarm on/off pointed at small square on driver's-side door handle to open/close sunroof and windows.

4) power source in glove box is 12v switched (i remember there was some discussion about that).

5) if you have the automatic tranny, push the stick to the left and hold it there, it'll downshift to the gear lowest possible to allow you to be in the powerband to pass cars. And pushing the stick to the

right side and hold it there will put you back into the normal automatic shifting mode.

6) Little arrow on the fuel gauge points to the side of the car that the fuel filler is on.

7) there is a way to reset your service indicators and other lighting options by pressing the OK and TALK button I believe.

8) badges in back leave no holes except for the star. (???)

9) A slight tap of up or down on the turn signal tree allows the turn signal to flash 3-4 times for a lane change and then shuts off automatically. No need to full engage the turn signal and shut it off manually.

10) Steps to Reset the TCU. Resetting the TCU will reset transmission to factory shift points and the car will 'relearn' your driving style. (a.) Turn the ignition key to the on (not start) position. (b.) Press the gas pedal to the floor and hold for five seconds. (c.) Turn the key to the "off" position (don't remove the key), then release the gas pedal. (d.) Wait at least two minutes for TCU to reset.

11) brake rotors stay at peak efficiency from feathering initiated after a certain number of windshield wipes during rain.

12) headlamp cleaners activate every 10 windshield washes.

13) when the sun / Pano roof is left open on an extremely hot sunny day, the car will automatically close it (tilt position) after a while ( when the car is parked) (euro p2 version only)

14) again if the car is equipped with Sun/Pano roof as well as rain sensing wipers, the car will again close (tilt position) the roof as soon as the sensors detect rain ( when the car is parked ) (possible euro p2 only)

15) PRE-SAFE system, which automatically closes open windows, sunroof, and move the seats, headrest + steering wheel to a more protective position - all done within milliseconds as soon as the car senses that an accident is imminent. This is the 2nd stage of pro-safe. First stage is the passive pre-emptive measure, like ESP etc. The 3rd stage is post an accident, which includes automatice shut down of engine and cutting off fuel supply + turning on hazards lights + lowering windows slightly + unlocking all doors.

16) rollbackassist : if i am on steep hills, i notice a roll back assist engages. I think it might happen if i press down on the brakes a bit harder. Release and the car holds itself for a few seconds before rolling back. Works Great!

17) autosense wipers that actually work!

18) on the cruise control stalk: If you push the stalk all the way up, it will increase the speed to the next 5mph increment (ie 52 goes to 55). If you push it down it will decrease the speed to the next 5mph increment (ie 58 goes to 55).

19) this is not somthing you can controll but the new W204 also has vents behind the rear wheels that exit out of the tail lights to keep them clean but more inportantly helps to give the car an overall drag coeffienecy of ONLY .29

20) with the MM the stereos volume will raise if you enter an area with loud noise.

21) If you have the transmission in C, and you punch off the line hard, it uses 1st gear, not second.

22) Leave your headlights in Auto mode & the parking lights & fogs will remain lit when you arm or disarm your car when it is dark.

23) Little arrow on the fuel gauge points to the side of the car that the fuel filler is on.

24) While listening to a cd, the music register or satelite radio, we all know that sometimes you can't read the full title of the song playing. Just press the # button on the dash and you will see the full title and the artist.

25) * key will allow you to jump to a specific track or radio station

26) If you have previously engaged your cruise control at lets say 70mph and are off cruse control but want to reset it to your current speed, raise the cruise control lever to the up position. This will reset it to your current speed where if you pulled the lever towards you, you'll be returned to the previous set speed.

27) slight tap on blinker gives a short 3 blinks for lane changes

28) if you use two fingers you can do all fore windows at the same time, up or down.

29) when the trunk is up and you're still in the driver's seat, you can see out the back, through the center mirror. The hinge lifts up and away, letting you see oncoming traffic before you open the door.

30) Auto dimming mirrors get light when in reverse.

31) dial mounted on the center console will not allow you to change stations or functions display unit unless the hood is raised.

32) In autos, u dont have to turn the ignition key all the way to start the vehicle. in other words, car can start before u complete the turn of the key. Also the car won’t let you re-try the ignition if the car is already on.

33) hood can be pushed up to 90 degrees while open

34) Discovered this feature yesterday. I had the wipers on permanent, not auto intermittent. When I stopped at a traffic light, rather than continuing on wiping permanently, it went into auto intermitent mode by itself. Then as soon as I started driving again, it reverted back to permanent wiping.

35) Wipers, will auto stop when the car stops, then resume when you start driving, with an occasional wipe as needed. This functions works in any mode you have your wipers on. It is dependent on how much it is raining. If it is raining alot dont expect them to stop.

36) Also when you are going down hill with your foot off the gas or on the brake, the car will shift down the tranny so you will have more controll and power to the wheels if you need it.

37) you only get the beep beep beep on the alarm if you actually have an alarm. otherwise just lights will flash.

38) tilt down mirror won't tilt down if you're backing up quickly

39) tunnel mode is available on the 2009 w204 (hold down air-recirculation button)

40) trunk has emergency release on the inside that stays lit for 60 minutes after closing.

41) To set and activate tilt down mirror when engage reverse gear, put ignition key to position 2, adjust passenger side mirror, press "m" memory button and its done.

42) To open driver's door only - press "lock" and "unlock" at the same time in remote control for 5-6 secs until the red LED blink. Now if you press "unlock", only the driver's door will be unlocked. Press "unlock" again, all other doors will unlock. To cancel the mode, press both "lock" and "unlock" for 5-6 secs until the red LED blick.

43) With key in ignition switch, if you open the driver's door, the rest of the doors will remain locked.

44) You can switch on aircon by pressing the Air-recirculation button (center button of temperature control, driver's side)

45) if you have your wipers on intermittant and you push the wiper stalk in briefly (without triggering the windshield washers), the wipers wipe rapidly 9 times then return to intermittant mode. This is handy when you are driving in light rain and suddenly get splash by passing vehicles. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...